It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Andrew Murchison for Ralph Jamieson (pm), Zak Likely for Carl Evans, Donna White for Sandra Hicken, Kevin Scully for Natasha Dowd, Jessica Campbell for Kim Mason, and Wanda Cheverie for Toby Murphy.
Congratulations to Matthias Drake who recently came in 2nd in his heat at the Royal Winter Fair, Commercial Heifer class. There were 70 other competitors from Ontario, Quebec, Newfoundland, Northeastern US, and the Maritimes, so this is certainly quite an accomplishment!
- Today in the Cafeteria: Cheeseburger platter with a small white milk for $5.50.
- Today, there will be a short meeting in the library conference room right after reading period for any students who are interested in cutting back their tobacco use or want to quit smoking.
- The Global Action Club will meet today at 12:00 noon in Room 211.
- Dalton MacDonald, Nick Lund, Ara Fraser, Bailey Clements and Grace Lanigan please go to the library at 11:43 to write your PED621 test.
- This is your last week to buy school clothes. Order forms and sizes can be found in Room #87 or in the main student lobby at lunch time.
- Peer Helpers: There will be no block meetings this week.
- All Student Fees can now be paid at the main office.
- The MRHS Athlete of the Week for the week of November 5 to 9 is Jessica MacKay of the Women’s Volleyball team. Jessica is a Grade Twelve student from Strathcona. She is a dedicated player, the team’s co-captain, manager and setter. Jessica was instrumental in the Women’s Bronze Medal win over Westisle last week.
- Any athletes who still have fall sport uniforms must return them to Ms. Dowd this week!
- Anyone interested in training for the high school mini-triathlon which takes place on the May 24th week-end should meet in Learning Centre A at 11:45 today.
- The Fitness Centre will be open from 8:10 to 8:40 every morning for any students who would like to work out. The Fitness Centre will be open to Power Lifters Only on Fridays after school.
- MRHS Badminton club meets every Sunday from 7:00 to 9:00 pm. All students are welcome.
- The SAVE (Students Against Violence Everywhere) Group is having its first meeting today at 11:45am in Student Services! Feel free to bring your lunch!
- The following schools are scheduled to visit MRHS in November. Sign up sheets are in Student Services.
- Acadia University on Nov. 8 at 9:00am, offering “admission on the spot”.
- Saint Mary’s University on Nov. 26 at 11:45am
- Dalhousie University on Nov. 28 at 9:15am
- Canadian Coast Guard: The selection processes for the Canadian Coast Guard College Officer Training Program (OTP) is currently open with a deadline of January 18, 2013. For more information, visit student services.
- MRHS Library is selling 4 GB or 8 GB flash drives to raise money for new books! Come see the sample in the library and place your order. All orders must be pre-paid by November 23 for delivery in early December. Get your Lizard!
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the Library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
- Europe Travellers are reminded that the cookie dough fundraiser ends tomorrow. All money and orders should be in to Mme Flynn on or before November 8.
- The Global Action Club has changed the day of their bake sale; it’s now scheduled for Thursday. All profits go towards Hurricane Sandy victims.
- JAM will be meeting at 11:45 on Thursday this week. All are welcome.
- Driver Education: For those Montague High students who are taking Driver Education from Larry McGuire, your first class time is at Morell High this Friday, November 9, from 9 am to 2:30 pm. As always, class attendance is required!