It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Carolyn Chandler and Travis Duncan. We also extend greetings to the following students who celebrated their birthdays over the weekend: Tyson Cooper, Jenny McCarron, and Patrick Cuddy.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Andrew Murchison for Ralph Jamieson (pm), Wanda Cheverie for Toby Murphy, and Caleigh Burhoe for Gail Greene (pm).
- This is your last week to buy school clothes. Order forms and sizes can be found in Room #87 or in the main student lobby at lunch time.
- Peer Helpers: There will be no block meetings this week.
- All Student Fees can now be paid at the main office.
- The MRHS Athlete of the Week for the week of November 5 to 9 is Jessica MacKay of the Women’s Volleyball team. Jessica is a Grade Twelve student from Strathcona. She is a dedicated player, the team’s co-captain, manager and setter. Jessica was instrumental in the Women’s Bronze Medal win over Westisle last week.
- The following students are asked to see Ms. Dowd in her office immediately following announcements: Heather Drake, Cassie MacLean, Brett Birt, and Charles MacLellan.
- The first try-out for the Women’s Basketball team is today from 3:15 to 5:15 pm.
- The 3rd and final open tryout for the Men’s Basketball team will be held today from 5:30 to 7:30 pm. The selection process (“cuts”) will begin after this session.
- Any athletes who still have fall sport uniforms must return them to Ms. Dowd this week!
- The Fitness Centre will be open from 8:10 to 8:40 every morning for any students who would like to work out. The Fitness Centre will be open to Power Lifters Only on Fridays after school.
- The SAVE (Students Against Violence Everywhere) Group is having its first meeting this Wednesday at 11:45am in Student Services! Feel free to bring your lunch!
- The following schools are scheduled to visit MRHS in November. Sign up sheets to attend these sessions are on Ms. Coady’s door in Student Services.
- Acadia University on Nov. 8 at 9:00am, offering “admission on the spot”.
- Saint Mary’s University on Nov. 26 at 11:45am
- Dalhousie University on Nov. 28 at 9:15am
- University of New Brunswick: A representative will be at the Delta in Charlottetown on November 6 (tomorrow evening) at 7:00 to speak with students, parents and guardians about UNB programs, scholarships, campus life, admission on the spot, and more.
- Canadian Coast Guard: The selection processes for the Canadian Coast Guard College Officer Training Program (OTP) is currently open with a deadline of January 18, 2013. For more information, visit student services.
- Book club meets today at noon. Bring your lunch and your favorite book!
- MRHS Library is selling 4 GB or 8 GB flash drives to raise money for new books! Come see the sample in the library and place your order. All orders must be pre-paid by November 23 for delivery in early December. Get your Lizard!
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the Library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
- The Global Action Club will be hosting a bake sale on Tuesday. All profits go towards Hurricane Sandy victims.
- The SNAC committee will be selling fruit smoothies at lunch tomorrow in the cafeteria for $2.00. Come support our Student Nutrition Action Committee!
- ABC (Anti-Bullying Club) is meeting tomorrow, November 6, at 11:45, in the Library Conference room. Sign up sheet is with the Librarian for anyone wanting to join! Come and help stop bullying before it starts.
- JAM will be meeting at 11:45 on Thursday this week. All are welcome.