It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to John Duncan.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Andrew Murchison for Ralph Jamieson (pm), Mark Gregory for Bethany MacLeod, Mike Hambly for Jonathan Hayes, Jonathan Gallant for Margaret MacDonald, Jessica Campbell for Ann MacKinnon, Emily Greenwell for Kristina McLane (pm), Donna White for Krista MacFarlane (pm), Wanda Cheverie for Toby Murphy, and Caleigh Burhoe for Gail Johnston.
Congratulations to the Women’s Volleyball team on winning the bronze medal match 3 sets to one over Westisle last night! Also congratulations to Heather Drake on being selected to the provincial tournament all star team. Thank you to Ruth and Emily Beck for their dedication this season and to the parents and fans who came out to the game!
Congrats to all Powerlifters at Bluefield yesterday. Everyone had a personal best. In March, when we host the Provincials here, watch out for our team to take home some medals. Next meet is in January. Anyone looking to join, see Earl Campbell, Mr. Trainor, or Mrs. Dowd.
- Today in the Cafeteria: Hot hamburger sandwich with oven baked fries, veggies, gravy and a small white milk for $5.00.
- Octoberfest wraps up today with “Rock the Jock Day”. Home-room door judging will take place today and the winning home-room class will receive a special treat!
- Global Action Club will meet today at 12:00 noon.
- School clothes are now on sale at MRHS. Samples are available and order forms can be picked up in Room #87 and all orders and money have to be returned by Nov. 9, in order to arrive in time for Christmas. An order form link is available on our school webpage.
- All Student Fees can now be paid at the main office.
- High school students must have permission to go to Montague Intermediate School. If you go without permission, you will be asked to leave.
- The MRHS Athlete of the Week for the week of October 22-27 is Will Buell of Murray River. Will is a Grade twelve student who plays in the midfield for the Men’s Soccer team. Will’s footwork, vision, and ability to make a difference both offensively and defensively have made him a key player in every game this season. Will played his best game of the season in the Men’s 2-0 quarterfinal defeat of Westisle on Monday.
- All members of the Men’s Volleyball, Soccer, and Field Hockey teams are asked to return their uniforms to Ms. Dowd or Ms. Pike today or ASAP.
- Tryouts for the Men’s Basketball Team will continue today, running 3:30 to 5:00 pm. All are encouraged to attend!
- The first try-out for the Women’s Basketball team will be on Monday, November 5, from 3:15 to 5:15 pm.
- The Fitness Centre will be open from 8:10 to 8:40 every morning for any students who would like to work out. The Fitness Centre will be open to Power Lifters Only on Fridays after school.
- Great News! The SAVE (Students Against Violence Everywhere) is returning to MRHS! If you’re interested in joining this awesome group or want to learn more about it, please sign-up in the Guidance Office and attend the first meeting on Wednesday, November 7, at 11:45am in Student Services! Feel free to bring you lunch!
- The following schools are scheduled to visit MRHS in November. Sign up sheets to attend these sessions are on Ms. Coady’s door in Student Services.
- Acadia University on November 8 at 9:00am, offering “admission on the spot” with no application fee!
- Saint Mary’s University on November 26 at 11:45am
- Dalhousie University on November 28 at 9:15am
- Canadian College of Massage Therapy: Open House on Saturday, November 3, 2012, from 9:00 to 3:00 pm. Contact number is on the bulletin board in Student Services.
- University of New Brunswick: A representative will be at the Delta in Charlottetown on November 6 at 7:00 pm to speak with students, parents and guardians about UNB programs, scholarships, campus life, admission on the spot, and more.
- Canadian Coast Guard: The selection processes for the Canadian Coast Guard College Officer Training Program (OTP) is currently open with a deadline of January 18, 2013. For more information, visit student services.
- Congratulations to Hailey McCarthy for winning first place in the MRHS Bookmark contest for 2012! Hailey will receive a $25 gift card for Indigo. Hailey’s bookmark will be available at the Library next week!
- Congratulations to Ellen MacNearney and Brittany Weibel for winning second and third place in the MRHS Bookmark contest for 2012! Ellen and Brittany both win $10 gift certificates to Indigo or Scholastic book orders!
- Book club meets on Monday, November 5 at noon. Bring your lunch and your favorite book!
- MRHS Library is selling 4 GB or 8 GB flash drives to raise money for new books! Come see the sample in the library and place your order. All orders must be pre-paid by November 23 for delivery in early December. Get your Lizard!
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the Library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
- Reminder: Time changes this weekend; don’t forget to turn your clocks back an hour!
- ABC (Anti-Bullying Club) meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, November 6, at noon, in the Library Conference room. Sign up sheet is with the Librarian for anyone wanting to join! Come and help stop bullying before it starts.