It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Andrew Murchison for Ralph Jamieson (pm), Mike Hambly for Charlie Trainor (pm), and Wanda Cheverie for Toby Murphy.
- Octoberfest continues! Home rooms are encouraged to decorate your doors. Judging will take place on Friday and the winning home-room class will receive a special treat!
- Thursday: ER Day
- Friday: Rock the Jock Day (bring in sports equipment for your teacher to wear)
- Peer Helpers: There will be block meetings today.
- ABC Meeting: If anyone missed the first meeting, see Mrs. Turner in the Library for the sign-up sheet or find Meagan Thorne for further information.
- The Breakfast Club is now up and running, but volunteers are desperately needed for Thursday and Friday. See Ms. Anderson if interested.
- School clothes are now on sale at MRHS. Samples are available and order forms can be picked up in Room #87 and all orders and money have to be returned by Nov. 9, in order to arrive in time for Christmas. An order form link is available on our school webpage.
- All Student Fees can now be paid at the main office.
- High school students must have permission to go to Montague Intermediate School. If you go without permission, you will be asked to leave.
- The MRHS Athlete of the Week for the week of October 22-27 is Will Buell of Murray River. Will is a Grade twelve student who plays in the midfield for the Men’s Soccer team. Will’s footwork, vision, and ability to make a difference both offensively and defensively have made him a key player in every game this season. Will played his best game of the season in the Men’s 2-0 quarterfinal defeat of Westisle on Monday.
- Charity Ball Hockey Tournament: Today is the last day that you can sign up for the charity ball hockey tournament. Entry fee is $5 and all of the proceeds will go to Autumn Newell. Autumn Newell is a local 4 year old girl who has been diagnosed with Leukemia. Register in the school lobby during lunch break. Greco has agreed to donate a party pizza for the students on the winning team for their efforts.
- Women’s Volleyball team bus will depart at noon for their 2 pm semifinal game at Francois Buote.
- All members of the Men’s Volleyball, Soccer, and Field Hockey teams are asked to return their uniforms to Ms. Dowd or Ms. Pike today or ASAP.
- Tryouts for the Men’s Basketball Team will start today and continue tomorrow, running 3:30 to 5:00 pm on both days. All are encouraged to attend!
- The Fitness Centre will be open from 8:10 to 8:40 every morning for any students who would like to work out. The Fitness Centre will be open to Power Lifters Only on Fridays after school.
- Great News! The SAVE (Students Against Violence Everywhere) is returning to MRHS! If you’re interested in joining this awesome group or want to learn more about it, please sign-up in the Guidance Office and attend our first meeting on Wednesday, November 7, at 11:45am in Student Services! Feel free to bring you lunch!
- The following schools are scheduled to visit MRHS in November. Sign up sheets to attend these sessions are on Ms. Coady’s door in Student Services.
- Holland College on November 5 at 11:45am
- Acadia University on November 8 at 9:00am, offering “admission on the spot” with no application fee!
- Saint Mary’s University on November 26 at 11:45am
- Dalhousie University on November 27 at 9:15am
- Canadian College of Massage Therapy: Open House on Saturday, November 3, 2012, from 9:00 to 3:00 pm. Contact number is on the bulletin board in Student Services.
- University of New Brunswick: A representative will be at the Delta in Charlottetown on November 6 at 7:00 pm to speak with students, parents and guardians about UNB programs, scholarships, campus life, admission on the spot, and more.
- Canadian Coast Guard: The selection processes for the Canadian Coast Guard College Officer Training Program (OTP) is currently open with a deadline of January 18, 2013. For more information, visit student services.
- Congratulations to Hailey McCarthy for winning first place in the MRHS Bookmark contest for 2012! Hailey will receive a $25 gift card for Indigo. Hailey’s bookmark will be available at the Library next week!
- Congratulations to Ellen MacNearney and Brittany Weibel for winning second and third place in the MRHS Bookmark contest for 2012! Ellen and Brittany both win $10 gift certificates to Indigo or Scholastic book orders!
- Anime & Manga Club meets today. Bring your lunch and look at the new books that have arrived!
- Book club meets on Monday, November 5 at noon. Bring your lunch and your favorite book!
- MRHS Library is selling 4 GB or 8 GB flash drives to raise money for new books! Come see the sample in the library and place your order. All orders must be pre-paid by November 23 for delivery in early December. Get your Lizard!
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the Library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
- Reminder: Time changes this weekend; don’t forget to turn your clocks back an hour!