It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Andrew Murchison for Ralph Jamieson (pm), Mike Hambly for Mary Ellen Lowther, Zak Likely for Chantelle Beaton (pm), Kayla Coady for Craig Conohan, Kevin Scully for Matthew Killeen (pm), and Wanda Cheverie for Gail Greene.
- Octoberfest continues! To help celebrate Octoberfest this week in school, we will be having a Hallowe’en Door Decorating contest. All week, students may bring in supplies to decorate their home-room door. Judging will take place on Friday and the winning home-room class will receive a special treat! So start your decorating!
- Wednesday: Costume Day
- Thursday: ER Day
- Friday: Rock the Jock Day (bring in sports equipment for your teacher to wear)
- Today in the Cafeteria: Perogies, Chicken Nuggets, Chicken Burgers, Hamburgers, Cheeseburgers, Wedges and Chicken Strips (limited amounts).
- Global Action Club meets today in Room 211.
- SNAC Committee meets in Learning Center A at the beginning of lunch break.
- The following students are asked to go to Room 116 at 11:45 today: Rachel Campion, Kailee Casario, Drew Christensen, Noah Garnhum, Briann Jones, Austin Leeco, Cassandra McGillivray, Samantha Pirch, Jennifer Shaw, and Claire Dielhman.
- ABC Meeting: If anyone missed the first meeting, see Mrs. Turner in the Library for the sign-up sheet or find Meagan Thorne for further information.
- Culinary Meal Today: Brie soup, soft pretzels, tri-colour rotini, pesto/alfredo sauce (contains pine nuts), Hallowe’en festive cupcakes, witches’ fingers, and bug/beetlejuice punch. Price $8.
- The MRHS Harry Potter Club will be having its first meeting of the year today. Apparate to Learning Centre B at 11:45 (bring your lunch) to help start planning the year!
- The Breakfast Club is now up and running, but volunteers are desperately needed for Thursday and Friday. See Ms. Anderson if interested.
- School clothes are now on sale at MRHS. Samples are available and order forms can be picked up in Room #87 and all orders and money have to be returned by Friday, November 9, in order to arrive in time for Christmas. An order form link is available on our school webpage.
- All Student Fees can now be paid at the main office.
- High school students must have permission to go to Montague Intermediate School. If you go without permission, you will be asked to leave.
- The MRHS Athlete of the Week for the week of October 22-27 is Will Buell of Murray River. Will is a Grade twelve student who plays in the midfield for the Men’s Soccer team. Will’s footwork, vision, and ability to make a difference both offensively and defensively have made him a key player in every game this season. Will played his best game of the season in the Men’s 2-0 quarterfinal defeat of Westisle on Monday.
- The Women’s Volleyball team defeated Souris in four sets in quarterfinal action last night. The women will play in the championships being held at Francois Buote in Charlottetown on Thursday. Go Vikings!
- The Men’s Volleyball team played well but were defeated by Charlottetown Rural in the quarterfinals last night. Congratulations to the guys on their improvement over the season, and thank you to the coaches for their dedication.
- All members of the Men’s Volleyball team are asked to return their uniforms to Ms. Dowd or Ms. Pike today or ASAP.
- Any Field Hockey or Soccer players who have not returned their uniforms must hand them in to Ms. Dowd this week.
- The Power Lifting team will depart from the school at 7:45 am on Thursday, November 1 for the meet at Bluefield. Team members are reminded to submit their forms and fees to Earl or Ms. Dowd if they haven’t already done so.
- Any Field Hockey or Soccer players who still have uniforms should hand them in to Ms. Dowd today or as soon as possible.
- Tryouts for the Men’s Basketball Team will begin this Thursday and Friday, running 3:30 to 5pm on both days. All are encouraged to attend!
- The Fitness Centre will be open from 8:10 to 8:40 every morning for any students who would like to work out. The Fitness Centre will be open to Power Lifters Only on Fridays after school.
- Great News! The SAVE (Students Against Violence Everywhere) is returning to MRHS! The SAVE group will be working together in our school and community to promote health relationships and raise awareness about relationship violence. If you’re interested in joining this awesome group or want to learn more about it, please sign-up in the Guidance Office and attend our first meeting on Wednesday, November 7, at 11:45am in Student Services! Feel free to bring you lunch!
- The following schools are scheduled to visit MRHS in November. Sign up sheets to attend these sessions are on Ms. Coady’s door in Student Services.
- Holland College on November 5 at 11:45am
- Acadia University on November 8 at 9:00am, offering “admission on the spot” with no application fee!
- Saint Mary’s University on November 26 at 11:45am
- Dalhousie University on November 27 at 9:15am
- University of New Brunswick: A representative will be at the Delta in Charlottetown on November 6 at 7:00 pm to speak with students, parents and guardians about UNB programs, scholarships, campus life and more. This event will have Admission on the Spot, prizes including tuition credits and Ipad! Students interested in Admission on the Spot must bring a current transcript, a completed application form, and $55 application fee.
- Canadian College of Massage Therapy: Open House on Saturday, November 3, 2012, from 9:00 to 3:00 pm. Contact number is on the bulletin board in Student Services.
- Canadian Coast Guard: The selection processes for the Canadian Coast Guard College Officer Training Program (OTP) is currently open with a deadline of January 18, 2013. For more information, visit student services.
- MRHS Library is selling 4 GB or 8 GB flash drives to raise money for new books! Come see the sample in the library and place your order. All orders must be pre-paid by November 23 for delivery in early December. Get your Lizard!
- Anime & Manga Club meets tomorrow. Bring your lunch and look at the new books that have arrived!
- Book club meets on Monday, November 5 at noon. Bring your lunch and your favorite book!
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the Library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
- Charity Ball Hockey Tournament: You can still sign up for the charity ball hockey tournament; entries will be accepted until November 1. Entry fee is $5 and all of the proceeds will go to Autumn Newell. Autumn Newell is a local 4 year old girl who has been diagnosed with Leukemia. Register in the school lobby during lunch break. Greco has agreed to donate a party pizza for the students on the winning team for their efforts.
- School clothes are now being ordered and we have sizes for you to try. Come to room #87 for more information or check the table at noon starting today.
- Peer Helpers: There will be block meetings this week, on Thursday, November 1.
- Reminder: Time changes this weekend; don’t forget to turn your clocks back an hour!