It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Belated Birthday to Kaitlyn Stewart, Sophie MacLean and Taylor MacLean who celebrated their birthdays over this past weekend.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Kevin Scully for Chantelle Beaton and Andrew Murchison for Ralph Jamieson (pm). Earl Campbell is not here today.
- October Fest starts today!
- Monday: Viking Day (Are you wearing red and black?)
- Tuesday: Hick Day
- Wednesday: Costume Day
- Thursday: ER Day
- Friday: Rock the Jock Day (bring in sports equipment for your teacher to wear)
- Today in the Cafeteria: Pulled pork sandwich for $5.
- Ms. Beck’s D Block co-op class should go to the library for class on Monday and Tuesday.
- The Breakfast Club is now up and running, but volunteers are desperately needed for Thursday and Friday.
- The cast list for Little Shop of Horrors has been posted outside the music room. All cast members must attend a meeting in the music room at 11:45 today.
- Wayne Lee, the hypnotist, will be giving a show tonight at 7:00. Tickets are $7.00 in advance or $8.00 at the door and can be purchased from CSLC participants, Student Council, or from Mrs. Hicken in Room #87.
- School clothes are now on sale at MRHS. Samples are available and order forms can be picked up in Room #87 and all orders and money have to be returned by Friday, November 9, in order to arrive in time for Christmas. Order forms can also be seen at https://montaguehigh.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/clothing-order-form.pdf.
- Grads: If you missed placing your photo order with Heckberts when they were here on Friday, you must now contact the studio directly to place your orders.
- All Student Fees can now be paid at the main office.
- High school students must have permission to go to Montague Intermediate School. If you go without permission, you will be asked to leave.
- The MRHS Athlete of the Week for the week of October 22-27 is Will Buell of Murray River. Will is a Grade twelve student who plays in the midfield for the Men’s Soccer team. Will’s footwork, vision, and ability to make a difference both offensively and defensively have made him a key player in every game this season. Will played his best game of the season in the Men’s 2-0 quarterfinal defeat of Westisle on Monday.
- Women’s Volleyball: Today team members have a meeting at 3:30 with practice following from 4:00 to 6:00 pm. All are expected to attend! If you do not attend today, you won’t be playing in playoffs.
- The Fitness Centre will be open from 8:10 to 8:40 every morning for any students who would like to work out. The Fitness Centre will be open to Power Lifters Only on Fridays after school, and on Monday, October 29, as the Power Lifting Team prepares for their first meet.
- The following schools are scheduled to visit MRHS in November. Sign up sheets to attend these sessions are on Ms. Coady’s door in Student Services.
- Holland College on November 5 at 11:45am
- Acadia University on November 8 at 9:00am, offering “admission on the spot” with no application fee!
- Saint Mary’s University on November 26 at 11:45am
- Dalhousie University on November 27 at 9:15am
- University of New Brunswick: A representative will be at the Delta in Charlottetown on November 6 at 7:00 pm to speak with students, parents and guardians about UNB programs, scholarships, campus life and more. This event will have Admission on the Spot, prizes including tuition credits and Ipad! Students interested in Admission on the Spot must bring a current transcript, a completed application form, and $55 application fee.
- Canadian College of Massage Therapy: Open House on Saturday, November 3, 2012, from 9:00 to 3:00 pm. Contact number is on the bulletin board in Student Services.
- Canadian Coast Guard: The selection processes for the Canadian Coast Guard College Officer Training Program (OTP) is currently open with a deadline of January 18, 2013. For more information, visit student services.
- MRHS Library is selling 4 GB or 8 GB flash drives to raise money for new books! Come see the sample in the library and place your order. All orders must be pre-paid by November 23 for delivery in early December. Get your Lizard!
- Anime & Manga Club meets on Thursday, November 1. Bring your lunch and look at the new books that have arrived!
- Book club meets on Monday, November 5 at noon. Bring your lunch and your favorite book!
- If you have suggestions for new magazines or books to be ordered please speak with the librarian. An order is being sent out at the end of the month.
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the Library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
- ABC Club (Anti-Bullying Club) is starting up. First meeting is tomorrow, October 30, at 12:00 in the Library Conference room. Spread the word and help others stand up to bullying.
- School clothes are now being ordered and we have sizes for you to try. Come to room #87 for more information or check the table at noon starting on Tuesday.
- Culinary Meal on Wednesday, October 31: Brie soup, soft pretzels, tri-colour rotini, pesto/alfredo sauce (contains pine nuts), Hallowe’en festive cupcakes, witches’ fingers, and bug/beetlejuice punch. Price $8.
- The MRHS Harry Potter Club will be having its first meeting of the year on Wednesday, October 31. Do you know what amortentia is? Do you have a love-hate relationship with Severus Snape? Do you know how to get into the Hogwarts kitchens? Do you know what to say to make the Marauder’s Map reveal itself? Could you get past fluffy? Would you really like to play quidditch? Do you have any idea what this all means? Then Harry Potter Club is the place for you!!! Apparate to Learning Centre B on Wednesday at 11:45 (bring your lunch) to help us start planning the year!
- Peer Helpers: There will be block meetings this week, on Thursday, November 1.