It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Brian Somers for Craig Norton, Donna White for Bobby Nicholson, Zak Likely for Anne MacKinnon, Kevin Scully for Matt Killeen, Mark Gregory for Bethany MacLeod, and Courtney Hughes for Philip MacDonald (pm).
Lost: A “Hello Kitty” wallet (white and blue) was lost; if found, please return to the office.
- Heckberts Studio reps are here today during lunch break (Ms. McLane’s Room) to collect grad photo orders.
- Breakfast Club: Today, there will be a brief meeting for all those students interested in volunteering for the Breakfast Club at 11:55 in Ms. Anderson’s office. See you there!
- Envirothon meeting at noon in Room 129.
- School clothes are now on sale at MRHS. Order forms can be picked up in Room #87 and all orders and money have to be returned by Friday, November 9, in order to arrive in time for Christmas. Order forms can also be seen at https://montaguehigh.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/clothing-order-form.pdf.
- All CSLC participants are to see Mrs. Hicken in Room #87 today to pick up their gift catalogues.
- If any CSLC or choir member passed in or has gift card money, please see Mrs. Hicken ASAP.
- All Student Fees can now be paid at the main office.
- High school students must have permission to go to Montague Intermediate School. If you go without permission, you will be asked to leave.
- Congratulations to MRHS Athlete of the Week, Heather Drake! Heather is a Grade 12 student from Cardigan and is the captain of the Women’s Volleyball team. She is a leader on and off the court and is known for her drive and desire to win. Heather was instrumental in key victories over Morell and Souris last week.
- There will be a meeting in the fitness centre at morning break for all girls interested in playing basketball this year.
- There will be a brief meeting for the men’s soccer team in Mr. Week’s room at 12:20.
- The Men’s Volleyball team plays TOSH tonight at home at 5:30 pm. Come out and cheer them on!
- The Men’s Soccer team will take on Colonel Gray in the bronze medal match on Saturday at UPEI at 12 pm. Come out and cheer them on!
- Women’s Volleyball: On Monday, team members have a meeting at 3:30 with practice following from 4:00 to 6:00 pm. All are expected to attend! If you are not in attendance on Monday, you won’t be playing in playoffs.
- The Viking Strength and Conditioning Club invites all students who are interested in improving their physical fitness to participate in sessions held in the fitness centre every Wednesday evening at 6 pm and Saturday morning at 10 am. New members are welcome! The first session will begin tomorrow, Oct. 27.
- The Fitness Centre will be open from 8:10 to 8:40 every morning for any students who would like to work out. The Fitness Centre will be open to Power Lifters Only on Fridays after school, and on Monday, October 29, as the Power Lifting Team prepares for their first meet.
- The following schools are scheduled to visit MRHS in November. Sign up sheets to attend these sessions are on Ms. Coady’s door in Student Services.
- Holland College on November 5 at 11:45am
- Acadia University on November 8 at 9:00am, offering “admission on the spot” with no application fee!
- Saint Mary’s University on November 26 at 11:45am
- Dalhousie University on November 27 at 9:15am
- University of New Brunswick: A representative will be at the Delta in Charlottetown on November 6 at 7:00 pm to speak with students, parents and guardians about UNB programs, scholarships, campus life and more. This event will have Admission on the Spot, prizes including tuition credits and Ipad! Students interested in Admission on the Spot must bring a current transcript, a completed application form, and $55 application fee.
- Canadian College of Massage Therapy: Open House on Saturday, November 3, 2012, from 9:00 to 3:00 pm. Contact number is on the bulletin board in Student Services.
- Canadian Coast Guard: The selection processes for the Canadian Coast Guard College Officer Training Program (OTP) is currently open with a deadline of January 18, 2013. For more information, visit student services.
- MRHS Library is selling 4 GB or 8 GB flash drives to raise money for new books! Come see the sample in the library and place your order. All orders must be pre-paid by November 23 for delivery in early December. Get your Lizard!
- Design a bookmark for the library and win 1 of 3 gift cards from Indigo Bookstore. Deadline is Friday, October 26. See the librarian for the bookmark form.
- Anime & Manga Club meets on Thursday, November 1. Bring your lunch and look at the new books that have arrived!
- Book club meets on Monday, November 5 at noon. Bring your lunch and your favorite book!
- If you have suggestions for new magazines or books to be ordered please speak with the librarian. An order is being sent out at the end of the month.
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the Library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
- October Fest starts Monday!
- Monday: Viking Day (wear red and black)
- Tuesday: Hick Day
- Wednesday: Costume Day
- Thursday: ER Day
- Friday: Rock the Jock Day (bring in sports equipment for your teacher to wear)
- Peer helpers: There will be block meetings on Wednesday, October 31.
- Culinary Meal on Wednesday, October 31: Brie soup, soft pretzels, tri-colour rotini, pesto/alfredo sauce (contains pine nuts), Hallowe’en festive cupcakes, witches’ fingers, and bug/beetlejuice punch. Price $8.
- Wayne Lee, the hypnotist, will be at Montague High on October 29 at 7:00 pm. Tickets are $7.00 in advance or $8.00 at the door. Tickets can be purchased from CSLC participants, Student Council, or from Mrs. Hicken in Room #87.
- ABC Club (Anti-Bullying Club) is starting up. First meeting is on Tuesday, October 30, at 12:00 in the Library Conference room. Spread the word and help others stand up to bullying.
Halloween Xperience 2: Flashback – a not so scary musical. They are back and there is going to be trouble! This Jonah Anderson production is being presented at Kings Playhouse on October 26 and 27. Admission price is $10.50 for Seniors/Students/Children and $20 for Adults.