It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Brian Somers for Craig Norton, Andrew Murchison for Sandra Hicken, Amy Mutch for Doug Weeks, and Caleigh Burhoe for Yvonne Higgins.
- Peer Helpers: Due to Mrs. Hicken’s absence, you will not be having Block Meetings today.
- Photo Club: Meet today after school in Room 221.
- Europe Travellers are reminded that magazine/catologue orders are due today. Make sure to get them in. Also, you’ll meet today at 12:00 in Mme Flynn’s room to launch the final fundraising campaign: frozen cookie dough, sure to be a winner!
- Culinary Meal Today: Guacamole, baked pita chips, chicken quesadillas, homemade salsa, Mexican red rice, flan Mexicano, and mock margaritas. All for $8.
- Little Shop of Horrors Auditions will take place this week after school. Check the posted schedule.
- All Student Fees can now be paid at the main office.
- High school students must have permission to go to Montague Intermediate School. If you go without permission, you will be asked to leave.
- Congratulations to MRHS Athlete of the Week, Heather Drake! Heather is a Grade 12 student from Cardigan and is the captain of the Women’s Volleyball team. She is a leader on and off the court and is known for her drive and desire to win. Heather was instrumental in key victories over Morell and Souris last week.
- The Men’s Soccer team lost a hard-fought semi to Charlottetown Rural last night. The men will play for the Bronze medal on Saturday at UPEI.
- The Field Hockey team lost 3-1 in the Championship game to Charlottetown Rural last night. The ladies played a great game and fought hard to the end. Congratulations to the coaches and players on a great season!
- Women’s Volleyball: Practice times are today from 4:00 to 6:00. On Monday, there will be a meeting at 3:30 with practice following from 4:00 to 6:00 pm. All are expected to attend these practices! If you are not in attendance on Monday, you won’t be playing in playoffs.
- The Viking Strength and Conditioning Club invites all students who are interested in improving their physical fitness to participate in sessions held in the fitness centre every Wednesday evening at 6 pm and Saturday morning at 10 am. New members are welcome! The first session will begin on October 27.
- The Fitness Centre will be open from 8:10 to 8:40 every morning for any students who would like to work out. The Fitness Centre will be open to Power Lifters Only on Fridays after school, and on Monday, October 29, as the Power Lifting Team prepares for their first meet.
- The following schools are scheduled to visit MRHS in November. Sign up sheets to attend these sessions are on Ms. Coady’s door in Student Services:
- Holland College on November 5at 11:45am
- Acadia University on November 8at 9:00am, offering admission on the spot with no application fee!!
- Saint Mary’s University on November 26at 11:45am
- Dalhousie University on November 27 at 9:15 am
- University of New Brunswick: A representative will be at the Delta in Charlottetown on November 6 at 7:00 pm to speak with students, parents and guardians about UNB programs, scholarships, campus life and more. This event will have Admission on the Spot, prizes including tuition credits and Ipad! Students interested in Admission on the Spot must bring a current transcript, a completed application form, and $55 application fee.
- Canadian Coast Guard: The selection processes for the Canadian Coast Guard College Officer Training Program (OTP) is currently open with a deadline of January 18, 2013. For more information, visit student services.
- MRHS Library is selling 4 GB or 8 GB flash drives to raise money for new books! Come see the sample in the library and place your order. All orders must be pre-paid by November 23 for delivery in early December. Get your Lizard!
- Design a bookmark for the library and win 1 of 3 gift cards from Indigo Bookstore. Deadline is Friday, October 26. See the librarian for the bookmark form.
- Anime & Manga Club meets on Thursday, November 1. Bring your lunch and look at the new books that have arrived!
- Book club meets on Monday, November 5 at noon. Bring your lunch and your favorite book!
- If you have suggestions for new magazines or books to be ordered please speak with the librarian. An order is being sent out at the end of the month.
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the Library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
- Heckberts Studio will be here, at the school tomorrow to collect grad photo orders.
- Breakfast Club: There will be a brief meeting for all those students interested in volunteering for the Breakfast Club on Friday at 11:55 in Ms. Anderson’s office. See you there!
- Culinary Meal on Wednesday, October 31: Brie soup, soft pretzels, tri-colour rotini, pesto/alfredo sauce (contains pine nuts), Hallowe’en festive cupcakes, witches’ fingers, and bug/beetlejuice punch. Price $8.
- Wayne Lee, the hypnotist, will be at Montague High on October 29 at 7:00 pm. Tickets are $7.00 in advance or $8.00 at the door. Tickets can be purchased from CSLC participants, Student Council, or from Mrs. Hicken in Room #87.
Halloween Xperience 2: Flashback – a not so scary musical. They are back and there is going to be trouble! This Jonah Anderson production is being presented at Kings Playhouse on October 26 and 27. Admission price is $10.50 for Seniors/Students/Children and $20 for Adults.