It’s a “C-D” day.
Happy Birthday to Denver Garrett, Emma Nabuurs, and Tyler Yorston.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Amy Mutch for Charlie Trainor, Donna White for Krista MacFarlane, Caleigh Burhoe for Lynn Hayes, and Tracy Schurman for Dawn Martell.
- Today in the Cafeteria: Homemade Chili with a Garlic Bun and a small white milk for $5.00.
- Envirothon students have a meeting today at noon in Room 129.
- Don’t forget the Culinary meal being served today: Caesar salad, chicken cordon bleu, garlic mashed potatoes, carrots, dill bread sticks, apple crisp with homemade vanilla ice cream, and orange spritz. All for $8.
- JAM meeting today at lunch in Learning Centre B. All are welcome!
- All Student Fees can now be paid at the main office.
- High school students must have permission to go to Montague Intermediate School. If you go without permission, you will be asked to leave.
- The Cross Country Team competed very well at the Provinicial Meet yesterday. Top results: Alana VanWiechen 2nd Senior Women, William Henbest 5th Juvenile Men, Chloe Chapman 10th Juvenile Women, and the Senior Women finished 2nd in Team Competition. Congratulations to all who competed!
- There will be an important registration meeting today for all interested in representing MRHS as a member of the Men’s Basketball Team for the 2012-13 season. This will be brief session to collect contact information as well as initial fitness testing data. The meeting will begin immediately after B Block in the fitness room. Please be on time as this will be a short meeting!
- The Men’s and Women’s Soccer team bus will depart for Colonel Gray at 2:45 pm today. Game time is 4:30 pm.
- The Women’s Soccer team hosts KISH on Saturday at UPEI at 10:00 am.
- There will be a meeting on Tuesday of next week for all those interested in Athletic Council at 12:05 in Ms. Dowd’s office (Room 247).
- The Fitness Centre will be open from 8:10 to 8:40 every morning for any students who would like to work out. Note that it’s open to Power Lifters only on Wednesdays from 3:10 to 4:15 pm.
- Crandall University will be hosting an open house on November 17 from 1:00 to 3:30 in the afternoon. For more information please call (toll free 1-888-968-6228), email email@example.com or visit website at http://www.crandallu.ca
- Acadia University will be here to speak with our students and to offer admission on the spot on November 8 at 9:00 am. A representative will speak with our students and students only need to come with a filled out application and a cheque for their admissions fee! This is a great opportunity to find out if you have been accepted right then and there!
- University of New Brunswick representative will be at the Delta in Charlottetown on November 6 at 7:00 pm to speak with students, parents and guardians about UNB programs, scholarships, campus life and more. This event will have admission on the spot, prizes including tuition credits and Ipad! Students interested in Admission on the spot must bring a current transcript, a completed application form, and $55 application fee.
- The selection processes for the Canadian Coast Guard College Officer Training Program (OTP) is currently open with a deadline of January 18, 2013. For more information, visit student services.
- MRHS is holding its annual Postsecondary Day. Over 50 representatives from most universities and colleges in Atlantic Canada and other career related presenters will be here, at MRHS, on Wednesday, October 24, 2012, from 1:00 pm to 3:15 pm. Grade 12 students will have access to representatives for the entire time. Grade 11 students will have access from 2:15 to 3:00. If students finish chatting with reps early they must return to class to reduce congestion in the cafeteria. Grade 10 students are welcome to visit the tables during break. Grade 10 students needing extra time must get advance permission from administration or Mr. Conohan or Ms Coady. This will be a good opportunity to meet with people who can answer your questions about their institutions, the application process, early admission, apprenticeship opportunities, etc.
- Congratulations to the following students who were selected for volunteer placements at the Kings County Memorial Hospital for this year! Students listed below MUST pick up a Community Service Bursary Contract from student services ASAP.
- Training for hospital volunteers will begin next Tuesday Oct. 23rd at 3:30pm at the hospital in the boardroom. Orientation will take place every Tuesday after that for the next 4 weeks.
Laura Young, Thea Lavers, Jessica MacLeod, Bailey Clements, Brody Trainor, Sarah Thompson, Emma Gamble, Bryce Stewart, Meaghan Byers, Carter VanIderstine, Olivia Lanigan, Fraser VanIderstine, Jenna McKeeman, Christena Visser, Jojo Orsatti, Ashley Cotton, Taylor Carroll, Sarah Brothers, Alexander King, Renee Robertson, Ian Campbell, Louise Loung, Morgan King, Emma Lee White, Dylan Lowery, Emma MacDonald, Megan Walsh, Jessie McCarthy, Bayley Matheson, Lindsay Fitzpatrick, Emily Norton, Sarah Somers, Destiny Jeffries, Allie Boyle, Kristen Jesso, Michaela Laporte, Laura McQuillan, Kayla MacAulay, Kailley Robertson, Montana Dunn, Julia Patton.
*We had an overwhelming number of applicants this year and encourage all students who are interested in volunteering to contact student services for details on various locations.
- MRHS writer’s group is meeting on Wednesday, October 24 at 3:10 in the Library. The group will meet on the third Wednesday of every month. If you haven’t signed up yet please see the librarian or come on the 24th.
- MRHS Library is selling 4 GB or 8 GB flash drives to raise money for new books! Come see the sample in the library and place your order. All orders must be pre-paid by November 23 for delivery in early December. Get your Lizard!
- Design a bookmark for the library and win 1 of 3 gift cards from Indigo Bookstore. Deadline is Friday, October 26. See the librarian for the bookmark form.
- Anime & Manga Club meets on Thursday, November 1. Bring your lunch and look at the new books that have arrived!
- Book club meets on Monday, November 5 at noon. Bring your lunch and your favorite book!
- New Scholastic book orders are available in the Library. Orders are due back on October 25.
- If you have suggestions for new magazines or books to be ordered please speak with the librarian. An order is being sent out at the end of the month.
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the Library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
- Europe travellers are reminded that your magazine/catalog orders are due next week (Thursday, Oct. 25).
- Culinary Meal next Thursday, October 25: Guacamole, baked pita chips, chicken quesadillas, homemade salsa, Mexican red rice, flan Mexicano, and mock margaritas. All for $8. *Please note the change of date.
- Culinary Meal on Wednesday, October 31: Brie soup, soft pretzels, tri-colour rotini, pesto/alfredo sauce (contains pine nuts), Hallowe’en festive cupcakes, witches’ fingers, and bug/beetlejuice punch. Price is $8.
- Little Shop of Horrors Auditions will take place next week after school. Students can sign up outside of the music room.
- Heckberts Studio will be here, at the school, next Friday (October 26) to collect grad photo orders.
- Wayne Lee, the hypnotist, will be at Montague High on October 29 at 7:00 pm. Tickets are $7.00 in advance or $8.00 at the door. Tickets can be purchased from CSLC participants, Student Council, or from Mrs. Hicken in Room #87.
- Student Special: Total Assets Fitness is offering a special for students on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays as a day special for only 5 bucks! Or you can get a weekend pass for just 11 dollars! This offer is for a limited time only, ‘til the end of November. Come on out!