It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Jessica MacLeod.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Donna White for Krista MacFarlane, Tara Wesenberg for Bethany MacLeod (pm), and Kevin Scully for Philip MacDonald.
- The women’s soccer team defeated Souris 2-0 last night. Alanna VanWiechen and Bailey Jackson were the goal scorers, and Jenna Fitzpatrick had a shut out in the net. Congratulations to the whole team on a great game!
- The Men’s Soccer team defeated TOSH 3-1 last night. Tyler Deagle and Curtis Martell were goal scorers for MRHS.
- The Women’s Volleyball team defeated Souris last night in the fifth set, in their last regular season home game! Thanks to the help and support to all the girls for their hard work, a special thanks to Kathryn MacLeod for her outstanding hits and thoughtful plays, and to Chloe Gillis for stepping up, and taking charge in the last set!
- Today in the Cafeteria: Perogies, Chicken Nuggets, Chicken Burgers, Hamburgers, Cheese Burgers, Wedges, and Chicken strips (Limited Amounts).
- Lifetouch Photographers are here today for retakes. Anyone who missed the original “picture day” should make sure you get your photo taken today.
- Student Council: There will be a quick, but mandatory, Student Council meeting today at lunch in Mrs. Hicken’s room.
- Peer Helpers: You have Block meetings scheduled today.
- Don’t forget the Culinary meal this Friday, October 19: Caesar salad, chicken cordon bleu, garlic mashed potatoes, carrots, dill bread sticks, apple crisp with homemade vanilla ice cream, and orange spritz. All for $8.
- All Student Fees can now be paid at the main office.
- High school students must have permission to go to Montague Intermediate School. If you go without permission, you will be asked to leave.
- Cross Country Provincials are today at Charlottetown Rural. Team bus will depart at 11:15.
- There will be a meeting on Tuesday of next week for all those interested in Athletic Council at 12:05 in Ms. Dowd’s office (Room 247).
- There will be an important registration meeting this Friday, October 19, for all interested in representing MRHS as a member of the Men’s Basketball Team for the 2012-13 season. This will be brief session to collect contact information as well as initial fitness testing data. The meeting will begin immediately after B Block in the fitness room. Please be on time as this will be a short meeting!
- The Fitness Centre will be open from 8:10 to 8:40 every morning for any students who would like to work out. Note that it’s open to Power Lifters only on Wednesdays from 3:10 to 4:15 pm.
- Acadia University will be hosting an open house on their campus in Wolfville, NS, on Friday, October 19, starting at 8:30 am. Well qualified students who bring a transcript can be considered for admission on the spot.
- Due to large numbers of applicants, the Junior volunteer program at the hospital will be restricted to Grades 11 and 12 students. Grade 10 applicants are encouraged to apply again next year. Successful Grade 11 and 12 applicants will be notified this week and training will begin next week.
- Crandall University will be hosting an open house on November 17 from 1:00 to 3:30 in the afternoon. For more information please call (toll free 1-888-968-6228), email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit website at http://www.crandallu.ca
- The selection processes for the Canadian Coast Guard College Officer Training Program (OTP) is currently open with a deadline of January 18t, 2013. For more information, visit student services.
- MRHS writer’s group is meeting on Wednesday, October 24 at 3:10 in the Library. The group will meet on the third Wednesday of every month. If you haven’t signed up yet please see the librarian or come on the 24th.
- MRHS Library is selling 4 GB or 8 GB flash drives to raise money for new books! Come see the sample in the library and place your order. All orders must be pre-paid by November 23 for delivery in early December. Get your Lizard!
- Design a bookmark for the library and win 1 of 3 gift cards from Indigo Bookstore. Deadline is Friday, October 26. See the librarian for the bookmark form.
- Anime & Manga Club meets on Thursday, November 1. Bring your lunch and look at the new books that have arrived!
- Book club meets on Monday, November 5 at noon. Bring your lunch and your favorite book!
- New Scholastic book orders are available in the Library. Orders are due back on October 25.
- If you have suggestions for new magazines or books to be ordered please speak with the librarian. An order is being sent out at the end of the month.
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the Library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
- Europe travellers are reminded that your magazine/catalog orders are due next week (Thursday, Oct. 25).
- Envirothon students have a meeting at noon on Friday in Room 129.
- Culinary Meal on Wednesday, October 24: Guacamole, baked pita chips, chicken quesadillas, homemade salsa, Mexican red rice, flan Mexicano, and mock margaritas. All for $8.
- Culinary Meal on Wednesday, October 31: Brie soup, soft pretzels, tri-colour rotini, pesto/alfredo sauce (contains pine nuts), Hallowe’en festive cupcakes, witches’ fingers, and bug/beetlejuice punch. Price is $8.
- Little Shop of Horrors Auditions will take place after school during the week of October 22-26 and students can sign up outside of the music room at the high school.
- Wayne Lee, the hypnotist, will be at Montague High on October 29 at 7:00 pm. Tickets are $7.00 in advance or $8.00 at the door. Tickets can be purchased from CSLC participants, Student Council, or from Mrs. Hicken in Room #87.