It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Samara Blakeney, Michael Jamieson, Stephen Mermuys, and Jessie Moore.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Kevin Scully for Matthew Killeen, Zak Likely for Mary Ellen Lowther, and Andrew Murchison for Sandra Hicken (pm).
Lost and Found: A silver necklace with a cross pendant was lost. If you find this item, please check at the office. Thank you. A black ‘Softball Club’ jacket with ‘Nabuurs’ on the sleeve and a girl’s lunch bag were left on a bus travelling to sports events. Please come to the office to claim either of these items.
Midget AA Tryouts: This evening at 8:20 at the Northumberland Arena. Everyone should attend!
- Today’s lunch special at the Cafeteria: BBQ Chicken Breast with baked potato, veggies, and a small white milk for $5.
- The Global Action Club will begin today at 12:00 in Room 211. The Club will be fund-raising for, and exchanging letters with, their twin schools in Kenya.
- Tickets are on sale now for the Culinary Meal this Friday, October 19: Caesar salad, chicken cordon bleu, garlic mashed potatoes, carrots, dill bread sticks, apple crisp with homemade vanilla ice cream, and orange spritz. All for $8.
- All Student Fees can now be paid at the main office.
- High school students must have permission to go to Montague Intermediate School. If you go without permission, you will be asked to leave.
- Grads! Please take in a baby picture for the yearbook. The deadline for submissions is today! Drop off your pic at the yearbook office with your name on the back of the photo.
- There will be a very brief meeting for all Cross Country athletes in Ms. Dowd’s office immediately following today’s announcements (9:05 am).
- Today’s home games:
- Field Hockey vs. TOSH @ 5 pm
- Women’s Soccer vs. Souris @ 5 pm
- Men’s Soccer vs. TOSH @ 4:30 pm
- Women’s Volleyball vs. Souris @ 5 pm
- Men’s Volleyball vs. Charlottetown Rural @ 5 pm
- The Men’s Soccer team will have their picture taken at 3:30 pm on the soccer field. Players should be in full uniform.
- There will be a meeting for all those interested in Athletic Council tomorrow at 12:05 in Ms. Dowd’s office (Room 247).
- There will be an important registration meeting this Friday, October 19, for all interested in representing MRHS as a member of the Men’s Basketball Team for the 2012-13 season. This will be brief session to collect contact information as well as initial fitness testing data. The meeting will begin immediately after B Block in the fitness room. Please be on time as this will be a short meeting!
- The Fitness Centre will be open from 8:10 to 8:40 every morning for any students who would like to work out. Note that it’s open to Power Lifters only on Wednesdays from 3:10 to 4:15 pm.
- Cross Country Provincials are this Thursday (tomorrow) at Charlottetown Rural. Team members will be leaving at 11:15 for the meet.
- Acadia university will be hosting an open house on their campus in Wolfville, NS, on Friday, October 19, starting at 8:30 am. Well qualified students who bring a transcript can be considered for admission on the spot.
- Due to large numbers of applicants, the Junior volunteer program at the hospital will be restricted to Grades 11 and 12 students. Grade 10 applicants are encouraged to apply again next year. Successful Grade 11 and 12 applicants will be notified this week and training will begin next week.
- Crandall University will be hosting an open house on November 17 from 1:00 to 3:30 in the afternoon. For more information please call (toll free 1-888-968-6228), email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit website at http://www.crandallu.ca
- The selection processes for the Canadian Coast Guard College Officer Training Program (OTP) is currently open with a deadline of January 18t, 2013. For more information, visit student services.
- The MRHS Library is selling 4 GB or 8 GB flash drives to raise money for new books! Come see the sample in the Library and place your order. All orders must be pre-paid by November 23 for delivery in early December. Get your Lizard!
- Author Patti Larsen is beginning a monthly writer’s group after school in the library. Group members will be published authors by May! Short story, novella, novel, or screen play the choice is yours. Please see the librarian to sign up.
- Anime & Manga Club meets on Thursday, November 1. Bring your lunch and be the first to look our new books.
- Book club meets on Monday, November 5, at noon. Bring your lunch and your favorite book!
- New Scholastic book orders are available in the library. Orders are due back on October 25.
- If you have suggestions for new magazines or books to be ordered please speak with the librarian. An order is being sent out at the end of the month.
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
- Peer Helpers: You have Block meetings scheduled for tomorrow.
- Europe travellers are reminded that your magazine/catalog orders are due next week (Thursday, Oct. 25).
- Envirothon students have a meeting at noon on Friday in Room 129.
- Culinary Meal on Wednesday, October 24: Guacamole, baked pita chips, chicken quesadillas, homemade salsa, Mexican red rice, flan Mexicano, and mock margaritas. All for $8.
- Culinary Meal on Wednesday, October 31: Brie soup, soft pretzels, tri-colour rotini, pesto/alfredo sauce (contains pine nuts), Hallowe’en festive cupcakes, witches’ fingers, and bug/beetlejuice punch. Price is $8.
- Little Shop of Horrors Auditions will take place after school during the week of October 22-26 and students can sign up outside of the music room at the high school.
- Wayne Lee, the hypnotist, will be at Montague High on October 29 at 7:00 pm. Tickets are $7.00 in advance or $8.00 at the door. Tickets can be purchased from CSLC participants, Student Council, or from Mrs. Hicken in Room #87.
Curling? Do you have curling experience? Are you interested in a $500 bursary? Volunteers are needed to assist with Junior and Little Rock Curlers. Call Nancy Collier at 962-3628 or Montague Curling Rink at 838-2513.