It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Samara Blakeney, Michael Jamieson, Stephen Mermuys, and Jessie Moore.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Zak Likely for Mary Ellen Lowther, Kevin Scully for Andrew Henderson, Amy Mutch for Kelly Pike, Melanie Mugridge for Sharon Anderson, and Donna White for Christie Beck.
Lost and Found: A silver necklace with a cross pendant was lost yesterday. If you find this item, please check at the office. Thank you. A black ‘Softball Club’ jacket with ‘Nabuurs’ on the sleeve was left on the bus yesterday. Last week, a girl’s lunch bag was left on the bus travelling to field hockey. Please come to the office to claim either of these items.
- Today’s lunch at the Cafeteria: B.B.Q Pulled Pork Sandwich on a kaiser, comes with baked lays chips and a small white milk. $5.50
- Europe travellers are reminded that your magazine/catalog orders are due next week (Thursday, Oct. 25). A new shipment of chocolate should be arriving today, see Mme Flynn if you’d like to pick up more- iTunes gift cards for top sellers YOUPI!!! (but remember that she’d SO appreciate bills and rolled coin when you hand in your moola!:)
- Meeting for all CSLC participants and their parents will be held this evening at 6:00 at Montague High cafeteria.
- Grad photo proofs have arrived. Please see Dawna MacLean if you haven’t received yours.
- All Student Fees can now be paid at the main office.
- High school students must have permission to go to Montague Intermediate School. If you go without permission, you will be asked to leave.
- Grads! Please take in a baby picture for the yearbook. The deadline for submissions is this Wednesday. Drop off your pic at the yearbook office with your name on the back of the photo.
- Cross Country: There will be a short Cross Country meeting at first break in Mr. Killeen’s room, # 139.
- There will be a meeting for all those interested in Athletic Council on Thursday at 12:05 in Ms. Dowd’s office (Room 247).
- The Fitness Centre will be open from 8:10 to 8:40 every morning for any students who would like to work out. Note that it’s open to Power Lifters only on Wednesdays from 3:10 to 4:15 pm.
- Cross Country Provincials are this Thursday at Charlottetown Rural. Team members will be leaving at 11:15 for the meet.
- The MRHS Library is selling 4 GB or 8 GB flash drives to raise money for new books! Come see the sample in the Library and place your order. All orders must be pre-paid by November 23 for delivery in early December. Get your Lizard!
- Author Patti Larsen is beginning a monthly writer’s group after school in the library. Group members will be published authors by May! Short story, novella, novel, or screen play the choice is yours. Please see the librarian to sign up.
- Anime & Manga Club meets on Thursday, November 1. Bring your lunch and be the first to look our new books.
- Book club meets on Monday, November 5, at noon. Bring your lunch and your favorite book!
- New Scholastic book orders are available in the library. Orders are due back on October 25.
- If you have suggestions for new magazines or books to be ordered please speak with the librarian. An order is being sent out at the end of the month.
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
- The Global Action Club will begin this Wednesday at 12:00 in Room 211. The Club will be fund-raising for, and exchanging letters with, their twin schools in Kenya.
- Block meetings for all peer helpers will be on Thursday this week.
- Culinary Meal this Friday, October 19: Caesar salad, chicken cordon bleu, garlic mashed potatoes, carrots, dill bread sticks, apple crisp with homemade vanilla ice cream, and orange spritz. All for $8. Watch for tickets sales!
- Culinary Meal on Wednesday, October 24: Guacamole, baked pita chips, chicken quesadillas, homemade salsa, Mexican red rice, flan Mexicano, and mock margaritas. All for $8.
- Culinary Meal on Wednesday, October 31: Brie soup, soft pretzels, tri-colour rotini, pesto/alfredo sauce (contains pine nuts), Hallowe’en festive cupcakes, witches’ fingers, and bug/beetlejuice punch. Price is $8.
- Little Shop of Horrors Auditions will take place after school during the week of October 22-26 and students can sign up outside of the music room at the high school. Students wishing to be on stage should prepare a monologue (at least 10 lines, memorized) and a song. The production team can’t wait to hear all of your auditions and get started on this fabulous show!!!
Curling? Do you have curling experience? Are you interested in a $500 bursary? Volunteers are needed to assist with Junior and Little Rock Curlers. Call Nancy Collier at 962-3628 or Montague Curling Rink at 838-2513.