It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to the following students who celebrated their birthdays over the long weekend: Taylor Ferguson, Spencer Ross, Hannah Campion, Justin Curran, Natasha Smith, and Sarah Smith.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Jonathan Gallant for Sharon Anderson, Andrew Murchison for Craig Conohan, Tara Wesenberg for Peggy Flynn (pm), Zak Likely for Karen Malone, Katherine Huston for Kirk White (pm), Kevin Scully for Kim Mason, Dean Lackie for Ronnie Munn (pm), Donna White for Kristina McLane, and Wanda Cheverie for Gail Johnston.
Lost and Found: On the table in front of the gym area you will find all the items left behind since the beginning of this school year. Please take a look and claim what is yours. All unclaimed items will be donated. A silver HTC phone with a small back skull on the back is missing: please return to the office if you locate this item.
Congratulations to Aislinn Nicholson who won the “Yearbook Cover Contest” and will receive a free yearbook for her efforts!
The Men’s Soccer team defeated both Westisle and TOSH in league play last week. Cody Forrester and Tyler Deagle scored in a 2-0 win over Westisle. Robert Villard had the shut out. Dalton MacDonald scored three times in a 3-0 win over TOSH. Brent Gilbert had the shut out. The Men’s Soccer team won their first three games at the Colonel Gray Wall of Fame Cup before losing 1-0 in the semi-final against Colonel Gray. Congratulations to the guys on a great week of soccer!
- Today’s lunch at the Cafeteria: Chicken Burger with baked wedges and small milk for $5.00.
- Cooperative Work Studies students are to check in with Ms. MacLeod before 3:10 today. Also, ALL work must be passed in by 3:10 today!
- Europe travellers are reminded that your magazine/catalog orders are due next week (Thursday, Oct. 25). Congratulations to all the troopers who did the walkathon on Sunday. It’s practice for all the walking we’ll do in France and Italy!!! The leaves were glorious, the weather was cool but pleasant, the money the students raised was impressive! A new shipment of chocolate should be arriving tomorrow, see Mme Flynn if you’d like to pick up more- iTunes gift cards for top sellers YOUPI!!! (but remember that she’d SO appreciate bills and rolled coin when you hand in your moola!:)
- Grad photo proofs have arrived. Please see Dawna MacLean if you haven’t received yours.
- All Student Fees can now be paid at the main office.
- High school students must have permission to go to Montague Intermediate School. If you go without permission, you will be asked to leave.
- Chocolate bars are available in Room 87 for all Choir and CSLC participants.
- Grads! Please take in a baby picture for the yearbook. The deadline for submissions is this Wednesday. Drop off your pic at the yearbook office with your name on the back of the photo.
- The Men’s Volleyball team bus will depart for Westisle at 1:30 pm today.
- The Women’s Soccer and Women’s Volleyball teams will depart for Morell at 2:45 pm today.
- The Men’s Soccer team will have a team photo taken today at 3:30 pm on Wednesday. Be on the soccer field on time.
- There will be a meeting for all those interested in Athletic Council on Thursday at 12:05 in Ms. Dowd’s office (Room 247).
- The Fitness Centre will be open from 8:10 to 8:40 every morning for any students who would like to work out. Note that it’s open to Power Lifters only on Wednesdays from 3:10 to 4:15 pm.
- The MRHS Library is selling 4 GB or 8 GB flash drives to raise money for new books! Come see the sample in the Library and place your order. All orders must be pre-paid by November 23 for delivery in early December. Get your Lizard!
- Author Patti Larsen is beginning a monthly writer’s group after school in the library. Group members will be published authors by May! Short story, novella, novel, or screen play the choice is yours. Please see the librarian to sign up.
- Anime & Manga Club meets on Thursday, November 1. Bring your lunch and be the first to look our new books.
- Book club meets on Monday, November 5, at noon. Bring your lunch and your favorite book!
- New Scholastic book orders are available in the library. Orders are due back on October 25.
- If you have suggestions for new magazines or books to be ordered please speak with the librarian. An order is being sent out at the end of the month.
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
- The Global Action Club will begin this Wednesday at 12:00 in Room 211. The Club will be fund-raising for, and exchanging letters with, their twin schools in Kenya.
- Block meetings for all peer helpers will be on Thursday this week.
- Meeting for all CSLC participants and their parents will be held on Tuesday evening at 6:00 pm at Montague High cafeteria.
- Culinary Meal this Friday, October 19: Caesar salad, chicken cordon bleu, garlic mashed potatoes, carrots, dill bread sticks, apple crisp with homemade vanilla ice cream, and orange spritz. All for $8. Watch for tickets sales!
- Culinary Meal on Wednesday, October 24: Guacamole, baked pita chips, chicken quesadillas, homemade salsa, Mexican red rice, flan Mexicano, and mock margaritas. All for $8.
- Culinary Meal on Wednesday, October 31: Brie soup, soft pretzels, tri-colour rotini, pesto/alfredo sauce (contains pine nuts), Hallowe’en festive cupcakes, witches’ fingers, and bug/beetlejuice punch. Price is $8.
- Little Shop of Horrors Auditions will take place after school during the week of October 22-26 and students can sign up outside of the music room at the high school. Students wishing to be on stage should prepare a monologue (at least 10 lines, memorized) and a song. The production team can’t wait to hear all of your auditions and get started on this fabulous show!!!
Curling? Do you have curling experience? Are you interested in a $500 bursary? Volunteers are needed to assist with Junior and Little Rock Curlers. Call Nancy Collier at 962-3628 or Montague Curling Rink at 838-2513.