It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Martin Zver for Lianne Garland, Cory Stevenson for Peggy Flynn, Donna White for Christie Beck, Kevin Scully for Margaret MacDonald, and Amy Mutch for Kayla Coady (am).
Congratulations to Willis VanWiechen and his team RC United on a 5th place finish at Soccer Nationals: best ever finish in that division! The final game against Alberta was tied 1-1 at the end of the game which went in to penalty kicks and Willis got the game winning goal penalty shot!
The Golf Team competed at the Provincials yesterday at Brudenell. Results were: Curtis Martell 3rd Overall, shooting a 78. The Men’s AA team finished 2nd in the overall event. Coaches Killeen and Campbell would like to thank the guys for a great year.
The Cross Country Team competed very well at the Unit Meet yesterday. Top finishers were Chloe Chapman, 1st in Juvenile Girls, William Henbest, 1st in Jevenile Boys, Tyler Laird, 1st in Senior Boys, and Alanna VanWiechen, 1st in Senior Girls.
Lost and Found: On the table in front of the gym area you will find all the items left behind since the beginning of this school year. Please take a look and claim what is yours. All unclaimed items will be donated.
- Today’s lunch at the Cafeteria: Pasta Bake and a garlic bun, comes with a small white milk for $5.00.
- Peer Helpers: There will be block meetings for all peer helpers today.
- Grad photo proofs have arrived. Please pick them up in the Yearbook Office at lunch break.
- Envirothon Students: Please return permission forms for tomorrow’s training session to Mr. Hayes during the morning break.
- BioGENEius Challenge: Information meeting at 12:00 noon in Room 129 (physics lab).
- All Student Fees can now be paid at the main office.
- High school students must have permission to go to Montague Intermediate School. If you go without permission, you will be asked to leave.
- Chocolate bars are available in Room 87 for all Choir and CSLC participants.
- Grads! Please take in a baby picture for the yearbook. The deadline for submissions is October 17. Drop off your pic at the yearbook office with your name on the back of the photo.
- Women’s Field Hockey and Men’s Volleyball teams travel to Bluefield today; bus departs at 2:45 pm.
- Women’s Soccer team plays today at KISH; bus departs at 2:45 pm.
- Women’s Volleyball and Men’s Soccer teams are playing at Westisle today; bus departs at 1:30 pm.
- Any students interested in trying out for the Canada Games Men’s Volleyball team should see Ms. Dowd for details.
- The Fitness Centre will be open from 8:10 to 8:40 every morning for any students who would like to work out. Note that it’s open to Power Lifters only on Wednesdays from 3:10 to 4:15 pm.
- Today we will have a rep from the University of New Brunswick (Fredericton) visiting our school at 11:45 am. Interested students are asked to sign up on the sheet in Student Services.
- Author Patti Larsen will be a guest speaker in the library during A block today for anyone interested in writing, screenplays and film making. Ms. Larsen is interested in starting a Writer’s Club which would meet once a month after school. Please see Mrs. MacDougall-Turner for a sign-up sheet.
- New Scholastic book orders are available in the library. Orders are due back on October 25.
- New books are on the shelves with more arriving every day. If you have suggestions for new books to be ordered please speak with the librarian.
- Design a bookmark for the MRHS library and be entered to win 1 of 3 gift cards for Indigo Bookstore. Deadline for original creations is Friday, October 26. Come pick up a bookmark form in the library.
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
- Monday in the Cafeteria: Chicken Burger with baked wedges and small milk for $5.00.
- Culinary Meal on Friday, October 19: Caesar salad, chicken cordon bleu, garlic mashed potatoes, carrots, dill bread sticks, apple crisp with homemade vanilla ice cream, and orange spritz. All for $8. Watch for tickets sales!
- Culinary Meal on Wednesday, October 24: Guacamole, baked pita chips, chicken quesadillas, homemade salsa, Mexican red rice, flan Mexicano, and mock margaritas. All for $8.
- Culinary Meal on Wednesday, October 31: Brie soup, soft pretzels, tri-colour rotini, pesto/alfredo sauce (contains pine nuts), Hallowe’en festive cupcakes, witches’ fingers, and bug/beetlejuice punch. Price is $8.
- Little Shop of Horrors Auditions will take place after school during the week of October 22-26 and students can sign up outside of the music room at the high school. Students wishing to be on stage should prepare a monologue (at least 10 lines, memorized) and a song. The production team can’t wait to hear all of your auditions and get started on this fabulous show!!!
- The Montague Skatepark Committee has registered in a contest to secure funds from the Aviva Community Fund. They are hoping students and parents will become aware and go to the website and vote for their project. The more votes they get, the more chances they have for funding. You can also access it on facebook by going onto the Montague Skatepark Committee page and clicking on the yellow box marked Aviva. You will then be taken to a spot where you can connect with their fb and vote. They need votes, only the top projects will make it to round two.
Curling? Do you have curling experience? Are you interested in a $500 bursary? Volunteers are needed to assist with Junior and Little Rock Curlers. Call Nancy Collier at 962-3628 or Montague Curling Rink at 838-2513.