It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Deanna Morris. We also extend belated greetings to the following students who celebrated their birthdays over the weekend: Katelyn Ryan, Logan White, Zoe Baker, and Lucas MacKenzie.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Mike Hambly for Alana Trainor, Cory Stevenson for Peggy Flynn, Kelsea McLean for Sandra Hicken (am), and Donna White for Krista MacFarlane (am).
- The Cafeteria is serving Hot Hamburg on a bun with baked wedges, veggies and gravy, also comes with a small white milk for $5.00.
- All Student Fees can now be paid at the main office.
- All JAM members are asked to drop in and see Ms. Christie Beck at lunch today in Learning Centre B.
- Photo Club will meet today after school in Room 115, Ms. Lowther’s room.
- High school students must have permission to go to Montague Intermediate School. If you go without permission, you will be asked to leave.
- There will be a meeting this evening at 5:00, for any parents of choir members who are interested in going on the choir trip next year.
- CSLC and Student Council: The Supersaver Coupon books are being ordered today. All money and order forms must be passed in this morning. Chocolate bars are available in Room 87 for all Choir and CSLC participants.
- Grads! Please take in a baby picture for the yearbook. The deadline for submissions is October 17. Drop off your pic at the yearbook office with your name on the back of the photo.
- The Fitness Centre will be open from 8:10 to 8:40 every morning for any students who would like to work out. Note that it’s open to Power Lifters only on Wednesdays from 3:10 to 4:15 pm.
- Good luck to the Golf team who are completing at the Provincial Championships at Brudenell today. Departure at 11:30 am.
- The Cross Country team departs for the Zone meet at Southern Kings at 9:15 am.
- This week we will have representatives from both Mount Saint Vincent University and the University of New Brunswick (Fredericton) visiting our school. Interested students are asked to sign up on the sheet on Ms. Coady’s door in Student Services.
- Today: Mount Saint Vincent University, 9:15am
- Wednesday October 10th: University of New Brunswick, 11:45am
- Catherine Gregory will be here recruiting for Jr. Achievement today at 11:45. There will be a booth set up outside of the main office!
- Interested in joining the Book club or Manga club? Please come to the library today at noon. Bring your lunch! We will be creating posters and discussing our favorite books.
- New Scholastic book orders are available in the library. Orders are due back on October 25.
- Author Patti Larsen will be a guest speaker in the library during A block tomorrow (Wednesday) for anyone interested in writing, screenplays and film making. Ms. Larsen is interested in starting a Writer’s Club which would meet once a month after school. Please see Mrs. MacDougall-Turner for a sign-up sheet.
- New books are on the shelves with more arriving everyday. If you have suggestions for new books to be ordered please speak with the librarian.
- Design a bookmark for the MRHS library and be entered to win 1 of 3 gift cards for Indigo Bookstore. Deadline for original creations is Friday, October 26. Come pick up a bookmark form in the library.
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
- Wednesday’s lunch at the Cafeteria: Pasta Bake and a garlic bun, comes with a small white milk for $5.00.
- There will be block meetings for all peer helpers on Wednesday, October 10 (tomorrow).
- Here’s the news you’ve been waiting for! The Culinary class has picked the dates for their first three meals so save these days: Friday, October 19, Wednesday, October 24, and Wednesday, October 31. Keep watching the announcements for more details about the meals!
- And now for the moment you have all been waiting for…. The MRHS Musical Production Team has finally picked a musical for this year. We will be doing the musical, Little Shop of Horrors. Auditions will take place after school during the week of October 22-26 and students can sign up outside of the music room at the high school. Students wishing to be on stage should prepare a monologue (at least 10 lines, memorized) and a song. The production team can’t wait to hear all of your auditions and get started on this fabulous show!!!
- Marie Smith is starting Watercolour Painting Lessons on October 17 after school at Montague Intermediate School. The first session is on “Tools and Techniques” and the second is “Colour Theory in Watercolours”. Each session is four one-hour classes at $40 plus an art supply fee of $10 per session. High school students may attend. For more information and registration, please contact Marie Smith at (902) 962-3881 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.