It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Michael Ferguson.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Zak Likely for Alana Trainor, Kelsea McLean for Janet MacDougall-Turner, Amy Mutch for Kayla Coady, Mark Gregory for Bethany MacLeod, Jonathan Gallant for Kristina McLane, Mike Hambly for Anne MacKinnon, and Wanda Cheverie for Pauline Kelly.
- The Cafeteria is serving grilled cheese sandwiches with tomato soup and a small white milk for $5.
- Envirothon meeting today at noon in Room 129.
- All Student Fees can now be paid at the main office.
- Here’s the news you’ve been waiting for! The Culinary class has picked the dates for their first three meals so save these days: Friday, October 19, Wednesday, October 24, and Wednesday, October 31. Keep watching the announcements for more details about the meals!
- Grads! Please take in a baby picture for the yearbook. The deadline for submissions is October 17. Drop off your pic at the yearbook office with your name on the back of the photo.
- There will be a short Cross Country Team meeting today at 11:45 in Mr. Killeen’s Room, #139.
- Cross Country Team members need to get their permission forms into Mr. Killeen ASAP. The Unit meet is Tuesday at Southern Kings Consolidated. Bus will be leaving at 9:15 and students will be back by lunch.
- The Fitness Centre will be open from 8:10 to 8:40 every morning for any students who would like to work out. Note that it’s open to Power Lifters only on Wednesdays from 3:10 to 4:15 pm.
- Next week we will have representatives from both Mount Saint Vincent University and the University of New Brunswick (Fredericton) visiting our school. Interested students are asked to sign up on the sheet on Ms. Coady’s door in Student Services.
- Tuesday October 9th: Mount Saint Vincent University, 9:15am
- Wednesday October 10th: University of New Brunswick, 11:45am
- This week (October 1st – 5th) is Architecture Week! The architecture association of PEI will be hosting an Open House today from 3:00pm – 6:00pm at 574 Main Street, Montague, PEI. There are daily events scheduled throughout the week! Come to student services to see what’s going on.
- Applications for King’s County Memorial Hospital and Riverview Manor Volunteering are due today. Please hand you form into Ms. Coady or Ms. White in student services. Any CSLC student who missed the information session is asked to stop into student services for an application form.
- Catherine Gregory will be here recruiting for Jr. Achievement on Tuesday, October 9, at 11:45. There will be a booth set up outside of the main office!
- Any Grade 12 students interested in participating in the Strive program may sign up on the scholarship board in student services!
- Interested in joining the Book club or Manga club? Please come to the library on Tuesday, October 9, at noon. Bring your lunch! We will be creating posters and discussing our favorite books.
- New Scholastic book orders are available in the library. Orders are due back on October 25.
- Author Patti Larsen will be a guest speaker in the library during A block on Wednesday, October 10, for anyone interested in writing, screenplays and film making. Ms. Larsen is interested in starting a Writer’s Club which would meet once a month after school. Please see Mrs. MacDougall-Turner for a sign-up sheet.
- New books are on the shelves with more arriving everyday. If you have suggestions for new books to be ordered please speak with the librarian.
- Design a bookmark for the MRHS library and be entered to win 1 of 3 gift cards for Indigo Bookstore. Deadline for original creations is Friday, October 26. Come pick up a bookmark form in the library.
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
- There will be a meeting next Tuesday evening, October 9 at 5:00, for any parents of choir members who are interested in going on the choir trip next year.
- CSLC and Student Council: The Supersaver Coupon books will not be ordered until Tuesday, October 9. All money and order forms must be passed in that morning. Chocolate bars are available in Room 87 for all Choir and CSLC participants.
- And now for the moment you have all been waiting for…. The MRHS Musical Production Team has finally picked a musical for this year. We will be doing the musical, Little Shop of Horrors. Auditions will take place after school during the week of October 22-26 and students can sign up outside of the music room at the high school. Students wishing to be on stage should prepare a monologue (at least 10 lines, memorized) and a song. The production team can’t wait to hear all of your auditions and get started on this fabulous show!!!