It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Hope Higginbotham, Michelle MacLennan, and Jacob Perry.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Zak Likely for Karen Malone, Mike Hambly for Jonathan Hayes, Jonathan Gallant for Kristina McLane, Martin Zver for Maureen MacDonald, and Wanda Cheverie for Pauline Kelly.
Lost and Found: A key with a Provincial Library tag has been found in the music area. You can claim this very distinctive (key cover) item by identifying it in the main office. A silver pencil case was found in a washroom. Check at the office, please, if you’re missing this item.
Congratulations! Last night the Ladies volleyball team defeated Kinkora in three straight sets in their home gym. Christina Rose was key with her excellent serves and strong blocks at the net, along side Jessica MacKay with her top notch setting! The ladies play tonight in Evangeline!
- The Cafeteria is serving nuggets, wedges and chicken burgers today.
- All Student Fees can now be paid at the main office.
- Here’s the news you’ve been waiting for! The Culinary class has picked the dates for their first three meals so save these dates: Friday, October 19, Wednesday, October 24, and Wednesday, October 31. Keep watching the announcements for more details about the meals!
- Grads! Please take in a baby picture for the yearbook. The deadline for submissions is October 17. Drop off your pic at the yearbook office with your name on the back of the photo.
- Women’s Soccer team and Women’s Volleyball team travel to Evangeline for 5 pm games today. Bus will depart at 2:15 pm.
- Ms. Dowd would like to see all team managers in her office for a brief meeting at 9:03 this morning.
- Cross Country Students: Remember there will be no practice on Thursday as Mr. Killeen is away with the Golf team. Students should run themselves.
- The Fitness Centre will be open from 8:10 to 8:40 every morning for any students who would like to work out. Note that it’s open to Power Lifters only on Wednesdays from 3:10 to 4:15 pm.
- Next week we will have representatives from both Mount Saint Vincent University and the University of New Brunswick (Fredericton) visiting our school. Interested students are asked to sign up on the sheet on Ms. Coady’s door in Student Services.
- Tuesday October 9th: Mount Saint Vincent University, 9:15am
- Wednesday October 10th: University of New Brunswick, 11:45am
- This week (October 1st – 5th) is Architecture Week! The architecture association of PEI will be hosting an Open House on Friday, October 5, from 3:00pm – 6:00pm at 574 Main Street, Montague, PEI. There are daily events scheduled throughout the week! Come to student services to see what’s going on.
- Applications for King’s County Memorial Hospital and Riverview Manor Volunteering are due on Friday, October 5. Please hand you form into Ms. Coady or Ms. White in student services. Any CSLC student who missed the information session is asked to stop into student services for an application form.
- Catherine Gregory will be here recruiting for Jr. Achievement on Tuesday, October 9, at 11:45. There will be a booth set up outside of the main office!
- Any Grade 12 students interested in participating in the Strive program may sign up on the scholarship board in student services!
- Interested in joining the Book club or Manga club? Please come to the library today. Bring your lunch! We will be creating posters and discussing our favourite books.
- New Scholastic book orders are available in the library. Orders are due back on October 25.
- Author Patti Larsen will be a guest speaker in the library during A block for anyone interested in writing, screenplays and film making. Ms. Larsen is interested in starting a Writer’s Club which would meet once a month after school. Please see Mrs. MacDougall-Turner for a sign-up sheet.
- New books are on the shelves with more arriving everyday. If you have suggestions for new books to be ordered, please speak with the librarian.
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
- Women’s Ensemble starts Friday morning at 7:30 am. All girls who like to sing are welcome!
- There will be a meeting next Tuesday evening, October 9 at 5:00, for any parents of choir members who are interested in going on the choir trip next year.
- CSLC and Student Council: The Supersaver Coupon books will not be ordered until Tuesday, October 9. All money and order forms must be passed in that morning. Chocolate bars are available in Room 87 for all Choir and CSLC participants.