It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Joshua Black and Maddy Clements.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Zak Likely for Mary Ellen Lowther, Martin Zver for Lianne Garland, Mike Hambly for Jonathan Hayes,Kevin Scully for Natasha Dowd, Amy Mutch for Kim Mason, and Wanda Cheverie for Pauline Kelly.
Lost and Found: A key with a Provincial Library tag has been found in the music area. You can claim this very distinctive (key cover) item by identifying it in the main office.
- The Cafeteria is serving a turkey dinner with all the trimmings today; cost is only $5. Consider this an early Thanksgiving treat, so check it out!
- Would Emily Benoit, Barbara Morrison and Body Trainor please see Mme Flynn at break today.
- Ms. Malone will have extra help today at lunch from 12:00 to 12:30 instead of Thursday at lunch.
- All Student Fees can now be paid at the main office.
- Grads! Please take in a baby picture for the yearbook. The deadline for submissions is October 17. Drop off your pic at the yearbook office with your name on the back of the photo.
- There will be a short Cross Country meeting at first break in Mr. Killeen’s room, #139. This meeting is to discuss the unit meet and to get a permission form that needs to be signed.
- There will be no Cross Country practice on Thursday as Mr. Killeen is away with the Golf team. Students should run themselves.
- The Fitness Centre will be open from 8:10 to 8:40 every morning for any students who would like to work out. Note that it’s open to Power Lifters only on Wednesdays from 3:10 to 4:15 pm.
- Today’s Home Games:
- Field Hockey vs. Colonel Gray @ 5 pm
- Women’s Soccer vs. Kinkora @ 4:30 pm
- Women’s Volleyball vs. Kinkora @ 4:30 pm
- Scorekeepers for today’s Volleyball game are Michaela LaPorte and Brandon McCarthy.
- Next week we will have representatives from both Mount Saint Vincent University and the University of New Brunswick (Fredericton) visiting our school. Interested students are asked to sign up on the sheet on Ms. Coady’s door in Student Services.
- Tuesday October 9th: Mount Saint Vincent University, 9:15am
- Wednesday October 10th: University of New Brunswick, 11:45am
- This week (October 1st – 5th) is Architecture Week! The architecture association of PEI will be hosting an Open House on Friday, October 5, from 3:00pm – 6:00pm at 574 Main Street, Montague, PEI. There are daily events scheduled throughout the week! Come to student services to see what’s going on.
- Applications for King’s County Memorial Hospital and Riverview Manor Volunteering are due on Friday, October 5. Please hand you form into Ms. Coady or Ms. White in student services. Any CSLC student who missed the information session is asked to stop into student services for an application form.
- Catherine Gregory will be here recruiting for Jr. Achievement on Tuesday, October 9, at 11:45. There will be a booth set up outside of the main office!
- Any Grade 12 students interested in participating in the Strive program may sign up on the scholarship board in student services!
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
- MRHS Book club will meet in the library conference room this Thursday, October 4. Bring your lunch! All are welcome to join.
- Women’s Ensemble starts Friday morning at 7:30 am. All girls who like to sing are welcome!
- There will be a meeting next Tuesday evening, October 9 at 5:00, for any parents of choir members who are interested in going on the choir trip next year.
- CSLC and Student Council: The Supersaver Coupon books will not be ordered until Tuesday, October 9. All money and order forms must be passed in that morning. Chocolate bars are available in Room 87 for all Choir and CSLC participants.