It’s a “C-D” Day.
Happy Birthday to Claire Diehlmann and Matthew MacKenzie.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Martin Zver, Kevin Scully, Zak Likely, Mike Hambly, Amy Mutch, Bethany Bruce, Andrew Murchison, Carla MacAdam, Amanda Trainor, Kathleen Duncan, Jonathan Gallant, Colette VanDiepen, David MacPhee, and Wanda Cheverie.
Lost and Found: Someone is missing a white HTC cell phone. If you have located this item, please contact the office.
- Home Room Teachers: Please send all Student Fee envelopes to Ms. McInnis this morning. This is the last day that home room teachers will be collecting Student Fees. Students may now pay the $20 Student Fee at the main office.
- Students will come to your homeroom classes this morning at approximately 9:30 to collect your food bank items. Please have a total number of food items ready for the volunteers. This is a great opportunity to help our local Food Bank! Remember that the class which collects the most non-perishable food items by Friday will receive a pizza party, compliments of Pizza Delight.
- Women’s Field Hockey team will play against Charlottetown Rural on Monday, October 1, on the Cornwall Turf. Game time is 4:30 pm.
- All sports teams are reminded that team initiation activities must take place outside of class time and reading period. All initiation activities should be approved by Ms. Dowd or office personnel.
- Carleton University Day: Fall Open House is scheduled for Friday, October 5, from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm. For more information and how to register, visit their website at Carleton.ca/cuday
- Dalhousie University Open House: Dal is holding an open house on Friday, October 12. Interested students are asked to register online by October 9 at dal.ca/openhouse
- Grade 12 students interested in the STRIVE Program are asked to come to student services and sign up. A list is posted on our bulletin board right by our scholarships!
- Students interested in the Page program: This program is for Grade 11 or 12 honour students with an interest in the Legislative Assembly and public affairs. The job will require attendance at Province House, Charlottetown, for at least one shift per week (a shift being a sitting of the House). The House Hours are: Tuesdays & Thursdays from 2:00pm to 5:00pm and 7:00pm to 9:00pm, Wednesdays from 2:00pm – 5:00pm, and Fridays from 10:00am to 1:00pm. All interested students are asked to pick up an application form and return it to student services by October 1st!
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
- MRHS Book club will meet in the library conference room on Thursday, October 4. Bring your lunch! All are welcome to join.
- Teen Book Club at Montague Rotary Library starting Wednesday, October 10 at 3:30. All students in Grades 9 to 12 are welcome.