It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Lindsay Fitzpatrick!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Martin Zver, Kevin Scully, Zak Likely, Mike Hambly, Amy Mutch, Bethany Bruce, Mark Gregory, Andrew Murchison, Robert MacDonald, Kelsea McLean, and Tracy Schurman.
- Home Room Teachers: Students will come to your homeroom classes on Friday morning at approximately 9:30 to collect your food bank items. Please have a total number of food items ready for the volunteers. This is a great opportunity to help our local Food Bank! Remember that the class which collects the most non-perishable food items by Friday will receive a pizza party, compliments of Pizza Delight.
- Folks from Heckbert Studio and Gallery are here this week to take grad photos of all potential graduates. All potential grads must have their grad photo taken at this time.
- Grads please arrive at the Student Council office 10 minutes before your grad photo appointment. Please do not be late!
- Men’s Soccer: The guys have a meeting today in Room 84.
- Women’s Volleyball: On Wednesday night, the gals lost in a very close game in Souris. Players of the game were Heather Drake for her strong leadership skills and powerful offence. Haley Irving was invaluable up at the net as well as her unbeatable serves! The girls hope to see everyone out for their home game this Friday!
- All sports teams are reminded that team initiation activities must take place outside of class time and reading period. All initiation activities should be approved by Ms. Dowd or office personnel.
- All students (15 years of age or over) interested in the Junior Volunteer Program at the Kings County Memorial Hospital and Riverview Manorare asked to attend an information session today at 12:05pm in the library conference room. At this time, you will receive information about the program and application forms. Any students enrolled in coop next semester who wish to do a hospital placement must attend this information meeting!
- Carleton University Day: Fall Open House is scheduled for Friday, October 5, from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm. For more information and how to register, visit their website at Carleton.ca/cuday
- Dalhousie University Open House: Dal is holding an open house on Friday, October 12. Interested students are asked to register online by October 9 at dal.ca/openhouse
- Grade 12 students interested in the STRIVE Program are asked to come to student services and sign up. A list is posted on our bulletin board right by our scholarships!
- Students interested in the Page program: This program is for Grade 11 or 12 honour students with an interest in the Legislative Assembly and public affairs. The job will require attendance at Province House, Charlottetown, for at least one shift per week (a shift being a sitting of the House). The House Hours are: Tuesdays & Thursdays from 2:00pm to 5:00pm and 7:00pm to 9:00pm, Wednesdays from 2:00pm – 5:00pm, and Fridays from 10:00am to 1:00pm. All interested students are asked to pick up an application form and return it to student services by October 1st!
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
- MRHS Book club will meet in the library conference room on Thursday, October 4. Bring your lunch! All are welcome to join.
- Scholastic book orders are available in the library. Orders are due back on September 28.
- Undergrad photo orders are due back on Friday, September 28. Please see Mrs. MacDougall-Turner if there are issues with your pictures.
- If you have questions about your health or want to know more about a health related topic, please visit our student nurse, Melanie Coffin. Ms. Coffin will be at MRHS on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday each week until Nov. 28th. Please feel free to stop by her office located in Seminar Room A of the Library.
- Teen Book Club at Montague Rotary Library starting Wednesday, October 10 at 3:30. All students in Grades 9 to 12 are welcome.
- 3rd Annual Fill the Van: Students are invited and encouraged to help our local food bank by a donation of a non-perishable food item. The class that collects the most non-perishable food items by Friday will receive a pizza party, compliments of Pizza Delight. Volunteers will visit the school on Friday, September 28 to pick up our donations!
- U16 Boys/Girls Soccer Nationals are looking for volunteers for Wednesday, Oct. 3rd to Monday, Oct. 8th. If you are in need of volunteer hours for a bursary or the Community Service Bursary program we can help you if you help us. Volunteers are needed for the following: ball people, work the gate, sell 50/50 tickets and help with statistics. If you are interested please go online to peisoccer.com and sign up.