It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Brandon Morris.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Martin Zver, Kevin Scully, Zak Likely, Mike Hambly, Amy Mutch, Bethany Bruce, Mark Gregory and Tracy Schurman for Dawn Martell.
- An LG phone battery was found in Room 133. If you are missing this item, please check with Kelly in the office.
- Choir Students: There will not be any choir rehearsals this week due to Ms. Beck’s absence.
- Heckbert Studio and Gallery are here this week to take grad photos of all potential graduates. All potential grads must have their grad photo taken at this time.
- Grads please arrive at the Student Council office 10 minutes before your grad photo appointment. Please do not be late!
- Monday night the Montague ladies volleyball team won their first Home game in 5 straight sets against Morell. Olivia Jamieson’s serving and passing, along with Cassie MacLean’s strong work at the net were crucial assests to the game! Next Home game is this Friday! Don’t miss it!
- The Women’s Field Hockey team lost their game against Charlottetown Rural 2-1. Makayla McGuirk score our only goal.
- All sports teams are reminded that team initiation activities must take place outside of class time and reading period. All initiation activities should be approved by Ms. Dowd or a member of the administration.
- All students (15 years of age or over) interested in the Junior Volunteer Program at the Kings County Memorial Hospital and Riverview Manorare asked to attend an information session on Thursday, September 27 at 12:05pm in the library conference room. At this time, you will receive information about the program and application forms. Any students enrolled in coop next semester who wish to do a hospital placement must attend this information meeting!
- Carleton University Day: Fall Open House is scheduled for Friday, October 5, from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm. For more information and how to register, visit their website at Carleton.ca/cuday
- Dalhousie University Open House: Dal is holding an open house on Friday, October 12. Interested students are asked to register online by October 9 at dal.ca/openhouse
- Grade 12 students interested in the STRIVE Program are asked to come to student services and sign up. A list is posted on our bulletin board right by our scholarships!
- Students interested in the Page program: This program is for Grade 11 or 12 honour students with an interest in the Legislative Assembly and public affairs. The job will require attendance at Province House, Charlottetown, for at least one shift per week (a shift being a sitting of the House). The House Hours are: Tuesdays & Thursdays from 2:00pm to 5:00pm and 7:00pm to 9:00pm, Wednesdays from 2:00pm – 5:00pm, and Fridays from 10:00am to 1:00pm. All interested students are asked to pick up an application form and return it to student services by October 1st!
- The library is closing today at 3:10. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
- MRHS Book club will meet in the library conference room on Thursday, October 4. Bring your lunch! All are welcome to join.
- Scholastic book orders are available in the library. Orders are due back on September 28.
- Undergrad photo orders are due back on Friday, September 28. Please see Mrs. MacDougall-Turner if there are issues with your pictures.
- If you have questions about your health or want to know more about a health related topic, please visit our student nurse, Melanie Coffin. Ms. Coffin will be at MRHS on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday each week until Nov. 28th. Please feel free to stop by her office located in Seminar Room A of the Library.
- Teen Book Club at Montague Rotary Library starting Wednesday, October 10 at 3:30. All students in Grades 9 to 12 are welcome.
- 3rd Annual Fill the Van: Students are invited and encouraged to help our local food bank by a donation of a non-perishable food item. The class that collects the most non-perishable food items by Friday will receive a pizza party, compliments of Pizza Delight. Volunteers will visit the school on Friday, September 28 to pick up our donations!