It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Laurena Jobe and Michaela MacSwain.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Michael Hambly for Bethany MacLeod (pm).
- Mr. Trainor’s Ocenography class will be leaving from the front lobby at 10:30 am for their field trip today. Anyone with permission forms should drop them off to Mr. Trainor.
- Kyle Robertson and Nicole Mills: Please see Ms. McInnis in Room 119 some time today.
- Choir Students: There will not be any choir rehearsals this week due to Ms. Beck’s absence.
- Heckbert Studio and Gallery are here this week to take grad photos of all potential graduates. All potential grads must have their grad photo taken at this time.
- Undergrad photo packages have been distributed by home room teachers and orders are due back on Thursday, September 27.
- Carleton University Day: Fall Open House is scheduled for Friday, October 5, from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm. For more information and how to register, visit their website at Carleton.ca/cuday
- Dalhousie University Open House: Dal is holding an open house on Friday, October 12. Interested students are asked to register online by October 9 at dal.ca/openhouse
- Grade 12 students interested in the STRIVE Program are asked to come to student services and sign up. A list is posted on our bulletin board right by our scholarships!
- Students interested in the Page program: This program is for Grade 11 or 12 honour students with an interest in the Legislative Assembly and public affairs. The job will require attendance at Province House, Charlottetown, for at least one shift per week (a shift being a sitting of the House). The House Hours are: Tuesdays & Thursdays from 2:00pm to 5:00pm and 7:00pm to 9:00pm, Wednesdays from 2:00pm – 5:00pm, and Fridays from 10:00am to 1:00pm. All interested students are asked to pick up an application form and return it to student services by October 1st!
- MRHS Book club will meet in the library conference room on Thursday, October 4. Bring your lunch! All are welcome to join.
- Scholastic book orders are available in the library. Orders are due back on September 28.
- Undergrad photo orders are due back on Friday, September 28. Please see Mrs. MacDougall-Turner if there are issues with your pictures.
- If you have questions about your health or want to know more about a health related topic, please visit our student nurse, Melanie Coffin. Ms. Coffin will be at MRHS on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday each week until Nov. 28th. Please feel free to stop by her office located in Seminar Room A of the Library.
- Teen Book Club at Montague Rotary Library starting Wednesday, October 10 at 3:30. All students in Grades 9 to 12 are welcome.
- 3rd Annual Fill the Van: Students are invited and encouraged to help our local food bank by a donation of a non-perishable food item. Volunteers will visit the school on Friday, September 28 to pick up our donations!