It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Jona Johnston, Kimberley Stevenson, and Pierce Conohan.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Zak Likely for Mary Ellen Lowther (am), Dekoda Conohan for Yvonne Higgins, Zachary MacLellan for Krista MacFarlane, and Brian Crane for Pauline Kelly.
Congratulations to the following parents who won the Door Prizes at our Parent Social held on Wednesday evening: Johanna Holland (Ellen), Violet Mills (Nicole), and Chris Jordan (Leah).
- The MRHS Student Council is entering a team in the CIBC Run for the Cure. There will be a meeting today at lunch in Room 87 (Mrs.Hicken). Everyone is welcome! Please come out! It’s for a good cause!
- Envirothon students will have a meeting at 12 noon on Friday in Room 129.
- Europe Travellers: Don’t forget to pick up your chocolate today! You may want some extra to sell this weekend.
- Students who wish make a request for the “Friday Song” may do so by submitting a copy of the song lyrics with the student’s name at the top to Dawn or Kelly in the main office. Submissions are due each week by Thursday at noon.
- From your Student Council: This year’s Student Council has ‘adopted’ a sponsor child this year. His name is Juan Daniel Moran Venegas and he is 7 years old. He is from Nicaragua, and his family’s income is very unstable. With our sponsorship, we will be able to provide Juan with an education and clean water. $40 is all we need to donate each month, and it will change Juan’s life. Student Council members will be asking the students to donate their spare change every few weeks. This money will make a huge difference in this young boy’s life. Thank you.
- There will be an information meeting for any students interested in playing with the Men’s Basketball program this year. All interested should meet outside the fitness room at 12 noon today; no experience is necessary.
- The women’s field hockey team should be ready to leave at 2:45 pm today.
- Today at 9:30 am, a representative from St. Thomas University will be here and set up in the library to meet with students. This is a great opportunity to ask questions you may have! There is a sign up sheet on Ms. Coady’s door for all Grade 11 and 12 students who are interested!
- Carleton University Day: Fall Open House is scheduled for Friday, October 5, from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm. For more information and how to register, visit their website at Carleton.ca/cuday
- Dalhousie University Open House: Dal is holding an open house on Friday, October 12. Interested students are asked to register online by October 9 at dal.ca/openhouse
- Grade 12 students interested in the STRIVE Program are asked to come to student services and sign up. A list is posted on our bulletin board right by our scholarships!
- Students interested in the Page program: This program is for Grade 11 or 12 honour students with an interest in the Legislative Assembly and public affairs. The job will require attendance at Province House, Charlottetown, for at least one shift per week (a shift being a sitting of the House). The House Hours are: Tuesdays & Thursdays from 2:00pm to 5:00pm and 7:00pm to 9:00pm, Wednesdays from 2:00pm – 5:00pm, and Fridays from 10:00am to 1:00pm. All interested students are asked to pick up an application form and return it to student services by October 1st!
- Are you a fan of Anime or Manga? Please come to the library today. Bring your lunch! We will discuss ordering more Anime and Manga books for the library and starting a club if there is enough interest.
- Anyone interested in working in the library as a monitor please see Mrs. MacDougall-Turner this week as schedules will be posted on Monday. There are before school, lunch and after school time slots available.
- MRHS Book club will meet in the library conference room on Thursday, October 4. Bring your lunch! All are welcome to join.
- Scholastic book orders are available in the library. Orders are due back on September 28.
- Undergrad photo orders are due back on Friday, September 27. Please see Mrs. MacDougall-Turner if there are issues with your pictures.
- If you have questions about your health or want to know more about a health related topic, please visit our student nurse, Melanie Coffin. Ms. Coffin will be at MRHS on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday each week until Nov. 28th. Please feel free to stop by her office located in the Library (Seminar Room ‘A’).
- Heckbert Studio and Gallery will be here from September 25 to 28 to take grad photos of all potential graduates. All potential grads must have their grad photo taken at this time.
- Teen Book Club at Montague Rotary Library starting Wednesday, October 10 at 3:30. All students in Grades 9 to 12 are welcome.
- 3rd Annual Fill the Van: Students are invited and encouraged to help our local food bank by a donation of a non-perishable food item. Volunteers will visit the school on Friday, September 28 to pick up our donations!