It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Devin de Montbrun, Lydia LaVie and Jacob McSweeney.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Donna White for Sandra Hicken(pm), Lynn MacEachern for Ralph Jamieson, Martin Zver for Lianne Garland, Wanda Cheverie for Yvonne Higgins, Brian Crane for Gail Greene, Dekoda Conohan for Pauline Kelly and Tracy Schurman for Kelly Matheson.
Found: A phone was found on Bus 428. Please check at the office if you hare missing your phone.
- There will be a short meeting today in room #85 at 11:45 today for all members of the CSLC steering committee.
- Students who wish make a request for the “Friday Song” may do so by submitting a copy of the song lyrics with the student’s name at the top to Dawn or Kelly in the main office. Submissions are due each week by Thursday at noon.
- From your Student Council: This year’s Student Council has ‘adopted’ a sponsor child this year. His name is Juan Daniel Moran Venegas and he is 7 years old. He is from Nicaragua, and his family’s income is very unstable. With our sponsorship, we will be able to provide Juan with an education and clean water. $40 is all we need to donate each month, and it will change Juan’s life. Student Council members will be asking the students to donate their spare change every few weeks. This money will make a huge difference in this young boy’s life. Thank you.
- Congratulations to the Women’s Field Hockey team who beat Bluefield 3-0 last evening! Hope Higginbotham, Lily Klein and Alyssa Ferguson all scored and Jessie McCarthy got a shut-out.
- The Men’s Soccer team lost 6-2 to Bluefield last night.
- All Men’s Soccer players are reminded that you are expected to attend Cross Country practice from 3:15 to 4:00 pm today.
- The MRHS Women’s Soccer Team will have a practice today from 3:30 to 5:00.
- The Cross Country team will have your first practice today from 3:15 to 4:00. Meet at the track!
- There will be an information meeting for any students interested in playing with the Men’s Basketball program this year. All interested should meet outside the fitness room at 12 noon on Friday; no experience is necessary.
- A representative from St. Thomas University will be visiting our school to meet with students on Friday, September 21, at 9:00am. Any Grades 11 and 12 students interested, please sign up on Ms. Coady’s door in student services. The representative will be here to answer any questions you have regarding STU and their programs/extra curricular activities.
- Are you interested in the performing Arts (Acting, Playwriting, Set and Costume Design or Production)?
- If so, you are invited to attend an “Open House” at the National Theatre School of Canada on Saturday, September 29, 2012 from 11a.m. to 5 p.m. The theme is “Capture the Illusion”. Admission is free. If interested call 514-842-7954, ext. 165. For more information about this school, come visit student services.
- The MRHS Library Resource Centre hours of operation are: Monday & Friday from 8:15am to 3:10pm; Tuesday to Thursday from 8:15am to 4:00pm.
- Anyone interested in working in the Library as a monitor please see Mrs. MacDougall-Turner this week. Schedules will be posted on Monday. There are: before school, lunch and after school time slots available.
- MRHS Book Club will meet in the Library Conference Room on Thursday, Sept. 20th at noon. Bring your lunch! All are welcome to join!
- Scholastic Book orders are available in the Library. Orders are due back on Sept. 28th.
- Are you a fan of Anime or Manga? Please come to the Library on Friday, Sept. 21st at noon. Bring your lunch! We will discuss ordering more Anime and Manga books for the Library and starting a club if there is enough interest.
- Envirothon students will have a meeting at 12 noon on Friday in Room 129.
- If you have questions about your health or want to know more about a health related topic, please visit our student nurse, Melanie Coffin. Ms. Coffin will be at MRHS on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday each week until Nov. 28th. Please feel free to stop by her office located in the Library (Seminar Room ‘A’).
- Europe Travellers are reminded that this weekend is the 70 mile yard sale. This is done on an individual basis: You can set up in your own yard and sell your own junk (I mean treasures!!!) and make your own chunk of change. Chocolate has arrived; see Mme Flynn if you’d like some before the weekend. In past years, students have been very successful. Bonne chance!
- Heckbert Studio and Gallery will be here from September 25 to 28 to take grad photos of all potential graduates. All potential grads must have their grad photo taken at this time.
- Montague Ringette Registration will be held again tonight from 6-8 p.m. at the Cavendish Farms Wellness Centre.
- Teen Book Club at Montague Rotary Library starting Wed., Oct. 10 at 3:30. All students in Grades 9 to 12 are welcome.