It’s a “D-C” Day.
Happy Birthday to Alison Franciosa, Amie MacPherson and Mariah Martens.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Zak Likely for MaryEllen Lowther, Donna White for Bethany MacLeod(pm), Wanda Cheverie for Yvonne Higgins, Sara Prosser for Pam Harris and Tracy Schurman for Dawn Martell.
- There will be a meeting today at 11:45 sharp in Room #85 for all CSLC 2012 participants and then at 12:00 sharp, we will meet with all participants for the CSLC 2013.
- Students who wish make a request for the “Friday Song” may do so by submitting a copy of the song lyrics with the student’s name at the top to Dawn or Kelly in the main office. Submissions are due each week by Thursday at noon.
- From your Student Council: This year’s Student Council has ‘adopted’ a sponsor child this year. His name is Juan Daniel Moran Venegas and he is 7 years old. He is from Nicaragua, and his family’s income is very unstable. With our sponsorship, we will be able to provide Juan with an education and clean water. $40 is all we need to donate each month, and it will change Juan’s life. Student Council members will be asking the students to donate their spare change every few weeks. This money will make a huge difference in this young boy’s life. Thank you.
Athletic fees and forms will be collected in the Fitness Centre today at 12 noon. All athletes who have not yet submitted these items must do so today in order to be allowed to play in games.
Today’s Home games:
- Field Hockey vs. Bluefield at 5:15pm
- Men’s Soccer vs. Bluefield at 4:30pm
- Men’s Volleyball vs. Westilse at 5:30pm
Come out and cheer on your fellow Vikings!
Score keepers for tonight’s Volleyball game: Alex Perrot and Ashley Cotton
- The MRHS Women’s Soccer Team will practice today from 3:30 to 4:45 and on Thursday from 3:30 to 5:00.
- Cross Country first practice will be Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00. Meet at the track!
- Information meeting for any student interested in playing with the Men’s Basketball Program this year. All interested should meet outside the Fitness Room at 12 noon. No experience is necessary.
- Dodge Ball Sign Up: To enter a team in the MRHS Dodge Ball intramurals, you can get a team sheet from Spencer Ross or Tanner Nicholson at break time. Anyone who would like to play but does not have a team will sign the draft sheet and be put into a draft and randomly placed on a team.
- A representative from St. Thomas University will be visiting our school to meet with students on Friday, September 21, at 9:00am. Any Grades 11 and 12 students interested, please sign up on Ms. Coady’s door in student services. The representative will be here to answer any questions you have regarding STU and their programs/extra curricular activities.
- Are you interested in the performing Arts (Acting, Playwriting, Set and Costume Design or Production)?
- If so, you are invited to attend an “Open House” at the National Theatre School of Canada on Saturday, September 29, 2012 from 11a.m. to 5 p.m. The theme is “Capture the Illusion”. Admission is free. If interested call 514-842-7954, ext. 165. For more information about this school, come visit student services.
- The MRHS Library Resource Centre hours of operation are: Monday & Friday from 8:15am to 3:10pm; Tuesday to Thursday from 8:15am to 4:00pm.
- Anyone interested in working in the Library as a monitor please see Mrs. MacDougall-Turner this week as schedules will be posted on Monday. There are before school, lunch and after school time slots available.
- MRHS Book Club will meet in the Library Conference Room on Thursday, Sept. 20th at noon. Bring your lunch! All are welcome to join!
- Scholastic Book orders are available in the Library. Orders are due back on Sept. 28th.
- Are you a fan of Anime or Manga? Please come to the Library on Friday, Sept. 21st at noon. Bring your lunch! We will discuss ordering more Anime and Manga books for the Library and starting a club if there is enough interest.
- Envirothon Meeting at 12 noon on Friday in Room 129.
- Inviting all parents! Join staff and students tonight from 5:00 to 6:30 pm… BBQ, entertainment, school tours, teacher introductions, student schedules, and course information. Inspire! Achieve! Belong!
- Europe Travellers are reminded that this weekend is the 70 mile yard sale. This is done on an individual basis: You can set up in your own yard and sell your own junk (I mean treasures!!!) and make your own chunk of change. In past years, students have been very successful. Bonne chance!
- Heckbert Studio and Gallery will be here from September 25 to 28 to take grad photos of all potential graduates. All potential grads must have their grad photo taken at this time.
- Montague Ringette Registration will be held again on Thursday, Sept. 20th 6-8 p.m. at the Cavendish Farms Wellness Centre.
- Teen Book Club at Montague Rotary Library starting Wed., Oct. 10 at 3:30. All students in Grades 9 to 12 are welcome.