It’s a “C-D” Day.
Happy Birthday to Riley Lavandier, John Ross Young and Kelsey Young.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Zak Likely for Karen Malone, and Tracy Schurman for Dawn Martell.
Students who wish make a request for the “Friday Song” may do so by submitting a copy of the song lyrics with the student’s name at the top to Dawn or Kelly in the main office. Submissions are due each week by Thursday at noon.
- GRADS! You must make your appointment for your grad photo by Wednesday! Go to the yearbook Office at lunch today and Dawna MacLean will give you an appointment.
- From your Student Council: This year’s Student Council has ‘adopted’ a sponsor child this year. His name is Juan Daniel Moran Venegas and he is 7 years old. He is from Nicaragua, and his family’s income is very unstable. With our sponsorship, we will be able to provide Juan with an education and clean water. $40 is all we need to donate each month, and it will change Juan’s life. Student Council members will be asking the students to donate their spare change every few weeks. This money will make a huge difference in this young boy’s life. Thank you.
- The MRHS Women’s Soccer Team played a great first game against Charlottetown Rural last night. Allie Boyle scored a sweet penalty shot to tie the game 1-1.
- Congratulations to the Men’s Volleyball team for winning their game against TOSH last night! It was an exciting game, great way to start the season!
- The Men’s Soccer Team lost 5-1 to Charlottetown Rural last night. Brent Gilbert had a strong game in goal. The men play Bluefield at Home on Wednesday at 4:30 pm.
- The Men’s Soccer Team has practice today at 3:30.
- The MRHS Women’s Soccer Team will practice on Wednesday from 3:30 to 4:45 and on Thursday from 3:30 to 5:00.
- Cross Country practice is cancelled today. First practice will be Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00. Meet at the track!
- Ms. Dowd would like to see the following students for a few minutes following announcements: Jenna Fitzpatrick, Nick Lund, Jon Murphy and Ben Shaw.
- Dodge Ball Sign Up: To enter a team in the MRHS Dodge Ball intramurals, you can get a team sheet from Spencer Ross or Tanner Nicholson at break time. Anyone who would like to play but does not have a team will sign the draft sheet and be put into a draft and randomly placed on a team.
- A representative from St. Thomas University will be visiting our school to meet with students on Friday, September 21, at 9:00am. Any Grades 11 and 12 students interested, please sign up on Ms. Coady’s door in student services. The representative will be here to answer any questions you have regarding STU and their programs/extra curricular activities.
- Are you interested in the performing Arts (Acting, Playwriting, Set and Costume Design or Production)?
- If so, you are invited to attend an “Open House” at the National Theatre School of Canada on Saturday, September 29, 2012 from 11a.m. to 5 p.m. The theme is “Capture the Illusion”. Admission is free. If interested call 514-842-7954, ext. 165. For more information about this school, come visit student services.
- The MRHS Library Resource Centre hours of operation are: Monday & Friday from 8:15am to 3:10pm; Tuesday to Thursday from 8:15am to 4:00pm.
- There will be a training session for all Peer Helpers during all of A and most of B Blocks on Wednesday, September 19th. Please come to Room #87 during Reading Period on Wednesday, so we can start immediately at 9:03 and get finished as soon as we can.
- On Wednesday, there will be a meeting at 11:45 sharp in Room #85 for all CSLC 2012 participants and then at 12:00 sharp, we will meet with all participants for the CSLC 2013.
- Inviting all parents! Join staff and students on Wednesday, September 19, from 5:00 to 6:30 pm… BBQ, entertainment, school tours, teacher introductions, student schedules, and course information. Inspire! Achieve! Belong!
- Grad BBQ is scheduled for Wednesday, September 19. Cost is $5 with a signed release form. All grads must travel on the bus to Brudenell.
- Europe Travellers: Another shipment of chocolate will arrive on Friday in time for sales this weekend at the 70 mile yard sale. Put out your sign and make some money for your trip!
- Heckbert Studio and Gallery will be here from September 25 to 28 to take grad photos of all potential graduates. All potential grads must have their grad photo taken at this time. Grads must make your appointment this week in the yearbook office, either on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday (Sept. 17 to 19). Please note that there are appointments available after school.
- Montague Ringette Registration will be held again on Thursday, Sept. 20th 6-8 p.m. at the Cavendish Farms Wellness Centre.
- Change in Date…Abegweit Driver Education will begin on Wednesday, September 19, from 3:15 to 6:30 pm. Call 566-1482 to register.
- Teen Book Club at Montague Rotary Library starting Wed., Oct. 10 at 3:30. All students in Grades 9 to 12 are welcome.
- Tonight is the final Hockey Registration at the Belfast Rec. Centre from 6:30 to 8:30.