It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Brooke Clarey and Emma Lee White. We extend belated greetings to these students who celebrated their birthdays over the weekend: Brett Hicken, Brittany Jackson, Mitchell Lannigan, Julian Annear, Curtis Martell and Carrick McTavish.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Zak Likely for Mary Ellen Lowther
- There will be a Student Council meeting today in Room #85 at 11:45.
- Any student who is interested in signing up for CSLC 2013 and hasn’t already done so, may still pass in their form to Mrs. Hicken first thing this morning. Students will be contacted on Monday evening or Tuesday if they have been selected.
- All members of the choir must try their best to learn the song “Stutter” by Mariana’s Trench before tomorrow’s rehearsal. This is very important. Ms. Beck will fill you in at tomorrow’s rehearsal.
- All potential grads and their parents/guardians should visit the Yearbook page of the school’s website for important information regarding grad photos. Grad photos will be taken September 25-28 here at school. Appointments must be booked this week.
- Students who wish make a request for the “Friday Song” may do so by submitting a copy of the song lyrics with the student’s name at the top to Dawn or Kelly in the main office. Submissions are due each week by Thursday at noon.
- GRADS! You must make your appointment for your grad photo by Wednesday! Go to the yearbook Office at lunch today and Dawna MacLean will give you an appointment.
- There will be Cross Country practice on Tuesday and Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00. Meet at the track!
- All athletes must submit their consent forms and athletic fees today at noon in order to receive a uniform and be allowed to play in this evening’s games. Forms and fees are being collected at the Athletic Room Door.
- The men’s and women’s soccer teams take on Charlottetown Rural today at 5:15 at home. Come out and cheer on your fellow Vikings!
- The women’s volleyball team bus to Francois Buote is departing the school at 4:05 pm.
- The men’s volleyball team bus to TOSH is departing the school at 3 pm.
- Could Jenna Fitzpatrick, Jessica MacKay, Denver MacKenzie, Nick Lund, Ben Shaw, and Jon Murphy please see Ms. Dowd in her office immediately following announcements.
- A representative from St. Thomas University will be visiting our school to meet with students on Friday September 21st at 9:00am(This week!!). Any grade 11 and 12 students interested please sign up on Ms. Coady’s door in student services. The representative will be here to answer any questions you have regarding STU and their programs/extra curricular activities.
- Are you interested in the performing Arts (Acting, Playwriting, Set and Costume Design or Production)?
- If so, you are invited to attend an “Open House” at the National Theatre School of Canada on Saturday, September 29, 2012 from 11a.m. to 5 p.m. The theme is “Capture the Illusion”. Admission is free. If interested call 514-842-7954, ext. 165. For more information about this school, come visit student services.
- The MRHS Library Resource Centre hours of operation are: Monday & Friday from 8:15am to 3:10pm; Tuesday to Thursday from 8:15am to 4:00pm.
- Inviting all parents! Join staff and students on Wednesday, September 19, from 5:00 to 6:30 pm… BBQ, entertainment, school tours, teacher introductions, student schedules, and course information. Inspire! Achieve! Belong!
- Grad BBQ is scheduled for Wednesday, September 19. Cost is $5 with a signed release form. All grads must travel on the bus to Brudenell.
- On Wednesday, there will be a meeting at 11:45 sharp in Room #85 for all CSLC 2012 participants and then at 12:00 sharp, we will meet with all participants for the CSLC 2013.
- Heckbert Studio and Gallery will be here from September 25 to 28 to take grad photos of all potential graduates. All potential grads must have their grad photo taken at this time. Grads must make your appointment this week in the yearbook office, either on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday (Sept. 17 to 19). Please note that there are appointments available after school.
- Montague Ringette Registration will be held again on Thursday, Sept. 20th 6-8 p.m. at the Cavendish Farms Wellness Centre.
- Change in Date…Abegweit Driver Education will begin on Wednesday, September 19, from 3:15 to 6:30 pm. Call 566-1482 to register.
- Teen Book Club at Montague Rotary Library starting Wed., Oct. 10 at 3:30. All students in Grades 9 to 12 are welcome.