It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Jordan Jamieson and Mr. Charlie Trainor!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Mark Gregory for Bethany MacLeod, Adam Gauthier for Trisha Burrows, Michael Brothers for Peggy Flynn, Kevin Scully for Matthew Killeen, Zak Likely for Jonathan Hayes, and Wanda Cheverie for Yvonne Higgins.
Lost and Found: An 32G Ipod Touch (in an orange case) was lost. Another Ipod Touch was found on Bus 472. A White water bottle with a blue cover is missing. A silver ring was found in the trades area. If you have any information on any of these items, please check at the office.
- Any Grade 10 or 11 that is interested in participating in the 2013 CSLC, please make sure you pass your application form into Ms. Beck (Learning center B), Mrs. Hicken (Room #87) or Ms. MacLeod (Room #85). You should take care of this today!
- All potential grads and their parents/guardians should visit the Yearbook page of the school’s website for important information regarding grad photos. Grad photos will be taken September 25-28 here at school. Appointments must be booked next week.
- Anyone who is interested in an SPC card should see either a CSLC participant or Mrs. Hicken in Room #87. They are $9 and there are numerous perks to owning one.
- Students who wish make a request for the “Friday Song” may do so by submitting a copy of the song lyrics with the student’s name at the top to Dawn or Kelly in the main office. Submissions are due each week by Thursday at noon.
- Athletic Fees will be collected in the Phys. Ed. area again today. Men’s Volleyball and Women’s Field Hockey players must pay today or you cannot play.
- All team athletes (field hockey, soccer, volleyball) must submit your consent forms and pay your athletic fees BEFORE your first game! This can be done at noon time at the Athletics room door (by the cafeteria washrooms).
- Any students interested in doing score-keeping for home volleyball games should see Ms. Dowd today.
- Those interested in being on the Cross Country team need to sign up outside Mr. Killeen’s room (#139).
- Golf Team: If you are interested in participating on the Golf Team, sign up in the gym area!
- Men’s Volleyball team will practice again today from 5:00 to 7:00 pm. You have a tournament at Three Oaks tomorrow (Saturday).
- Our new Viking Football team is hosting the Charlottetown Privateers at 3:00 pm tomorrow (Saturday) on home turf. Come on out and cheer them on!
- Are you interested in the performing Arts (Acting, Playwriting, Set and Costume Design or Production)?
- If so, you are invited to attend an “Open House” at the National Theatre School of Canada on Saturday, September 29, 2012 from 11a.m. to 5 p.m. The theme is “Capture the Illusion”. Admission is free. If interested call 514-842-7954, ext. 165. For more information about this school, come visit student services.
- The MRHS Library Resource Centre hours of operation are: Monday & Friday from 8:15am to 3:10pm; Tuesday to Thursday from 8:15am to 4:00pm.
- Scholastic Book Clubs has continued their very popular Teen Readers Book Club. September book orders have arrived and forms are available in the Library. Payment in the form of cheques made out to Scholastic Canada Ltd.
- There are still a number of students who have outstanding library books. It is never too late to return overdue materials – no questions asked!
- Students are encouraged to have a PEI provincial Library card. The Public Library is right next door! This card will give you access to all books, audio, e-books across PEI, and resources that will help with your research throughout the school year.
- Literacy is extremely important at MRHS. We read as a whole school between 8:45 and 9:03am daily. Students should visit the Library to get a book for reading period. There are a lot to choose from and new titles will be on the shelves very soon!
- If you have books to donate to the library please see Ms. MacDougall. Any students or staff members who donate a book to the library before Sept 15th will also have their name entered into the draw to be the first to borrow a KOBO e-reader. Please bring all donations to the library to be given a ballot.
- The library will be starting a book club, writing and film club in the coming weeks. Please watch for further announcements.
- Inviting all parents! Join staff and students on Wednesday, September 19, from 5:00 to 6:30 pm… BBQ, entertainment, school tours, teacher introductions, student schedules, and course information. Inspire! Achieve! Belong!
- Heckbert Studio and Gallery will be here from September 25 to 28 to take grad photos of all potential graduates. All potential grads must have their grad photo taken at this time. Grads must make your appointment next week in the yearbook office, either on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday (Sept. 17 to 19). Please note that there are appointments available after school.
- Montague Ringette Registration will be held again on Thursday, Sept. 20th 6-8 p.m. at the Cavendish Farms Wellness Centre.
- Change in Date…Abegweit Driver Education will begin on Wednesday, September 19, from 3:15 to 6:30 pm. Call 566-1482 to register.
- Teen Book Club at Montague Rotary Library starting Wed., Oct. 10 at 3:30. All students in Grades 9 to 12 are welcome.