It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Chris Hill and Brent MacLeod.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Andrew Murchison for Sandra Hicken, Mark Gregory for Bethany MacLeod, Zak Likely for Philip MacDonald (pm), and Zachary MacLellan for Krista MacFarlane.
Lost and Found: An 32G Ipod Touch (in an orange case) was lost. A silver ring was found in the trades area. If you have any information on either of these items, please check at the office.
- Envirothon meeting today at 11:45 in the Physics lab (129).
- Any grade 10 or 11 that is interested in participating in the 2013 CSLC, please make sure you pass your application form into Ms. Beck (Learning center B), Mrs. Hicken (Room #87) or Ms. MacLeod (Room #85) by Friday, September 14th. If you are interested and still haven’t picked up a form, there is still time!!
- There will be a very important meeting at 12:00 sharp in Room #85 for all students going to CSLC in Saskatchewan.
- Any Grade 12 students interested in being involved in the Grad Activity Committee should note there is a meeting scheduled for today at 12:05 in Room 119.
- Any student with a study block C block must go to Ms McLane’s room 229 at the beginning of class today to get information regarding grad photos. It is VERY important you attend! It will only take about 10 minutes.
- All potential grads and their parents/guardians should visit the Yearbook page of the school’s website for important information regarding grad photos. Grad photos will be taken September 25-28 here at school. Appointments must be booked next week.
- Anyone who is interested in an SPC card should see either a CSLC participant or Mrs. Hicken in Room #87. They are $9 and there are numerous perks to owning one.
- Students who wish make a request for the “Friday Song” may do so by submitting a copy of the song lyrics with the student’s name at the top to Dawn or Kelly in the main office. Submissions are due by Thursday at noon.
- Those interested in being on the Cross Country team need to sign up outside Mr. Killeen’s room (#139).
- Golf Team: If you are interested in participating on the Golf Team, sign up in the gym area! Tournaments start next week!
- Men’s Soccer tryouts continue today from 3:30 to 5:00 pm.
- Men’s Volleyball tryouts:
- Wednesday from 5:00 to 7:00 pm
- Thursday from 5:00 to 7:00 pm
- Friday from 5:00 to 7:00 pm
- Saturday: Tournament at TOSH
- Women’s Volleyball tryouts continue today from 3:00 to 5:00 pm.
- Any guys or gals interested in Power Lifting are asked to sign up in the gym area. The Power Lifting team has your first meeting after school today at 3:15 in the Fitness Centre.
- The MRHS Library Resource Centre hours of operation are: Monday & Friday from 8:15am to 3:10pm; Tuesday to Thursday from 8:15am to 4:00pm.
- Enter to be the first to use 1 of our 5 Kobo e-readers! They have been loaded with hundreds of fiction and non-fiction books. Come to the library and fill in a ballot. Draw date will be Sept 14th.
- Scholastic Book Clubs has continued their very popular Teen Readers Book Club. September book orders have arrived and forms are available in the Library. Payment in the form of cheques made out to Scholastic Canada Ltd.
- There are still a number of students who have outstanding library books. It is never too late to return overdue materials – no questions asked!
- Students are encouraged to have a PEI provincial Library card. The Public Library is right next door! This card will give you access to all books, audio, e-books across PEI, and resources that will help with your research throughout the school year.
- Literacy is extremely important at MRHS. We read as a whole school between 8:45 and 9:03am daily. Students should visit the Library to get a book for reading period. There are a lot to choose from and new titles will be on the shelves very soon!
- If you have books to donate to the library please see Ms. MacDougall. Any students or staff members who donate a book to the library before Sept 15th will also have their name entered into the draw to be the first to borrow a KOBO e-reader. Please bring all donations to the library to be given a ballot.
- The library will be starting a book club, writing and film club in the coming weeks. Please watch for further announcements.
- Concert Band will have a practice on Thursday after school from 3:30 to 4:30 pm.
- Heckbert Studio and Gallery will be here from September 25 to 28 to take grad photos of all potential graduates. All potential grads must have their grad photo taken at this time. Grads must make your appointment next week in the yearbook office, either on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday (Sept. 17 to 19). Please note that there are appointments available after school.
- Montague Ringette Registration will be held again on Thursday, Sept. 20th 6-8 p.m. at the Cavendish Farms Wellness Centre.
- Abegweit Driver Education will begin on Tuesday, September 18, from 3:15 to 6:15 pm. Call 566-1482 to register.