It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Erin MacNeill and Hailey Morris.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Zak Likely for Natasha Dowd, Donna White for Bethany MacLeod (pm), and Dakota Conohan for Pauline Kelly. Earl Campbell is not here today.
- Student Council – You have a meeting today in room #85 at 11:45. Everyone is welcome!
- If you are interested in working as a Library Monitor, meet with Ms. MacDougall today at 11:45 in the Library.
- French Travellers: There will be a meeting in Mme Flynn’s room at 12:00 sharp. All travellers are expected there and on time!
- The first choir practice for the MRHS choir will be held today from 3:30-5:00 in the music room. You do not have to be a good singer to participate, you just have to love singing. Come get involved and check it out!
- Anyone who is interested in an SPC card should see either a CSLC participant or Mrs. Hicken in Room #97. They are $9 and there are numerous perks to owning one.
- Students who wish make a request for the “Friday Song” may do so by submitting a copy of the song lyrics with the student’s name at the top to Dawn or Kelly in the main office. Submissions are due by Thursday at noon.
- If anyone would like to sign a “get well” card for Barbara Morrison and Alysia Docherty, just go to Mme Flynn’s room today at lunch break.
- Abegweit Driver Education Classes will begin today at MRHS. To enroll call 902-566-1482.
- Women’s Soccer tryouts will begin today from 3:30 to 5:00 on the field behind the school.
- Those interested in being on the Cross Country team need to sign up outside Mr. Killeen’s room (#139).
- Golf Team: If you are interested in participating on the Golf Team, sign up in the gym area! Tournaments start next week!
- Men’s Soccer tryouts:
- Tuesday, September 11, 3:30 to 5:00
- Wednesday, September 12, 3:30 to 5:00
- Men’s Volleyball tryouts:
- Tuesday 4:00 to 6:00 (NOTE: TIME CHANGE)
- Wednesday 5:00 to 7:00
- Thursday 5:00 to 7:00
- Friday 5:00 to 7:00
- Saturday TOSH Tournament
- Women’s Volleyball tryouts:
- Wednesday, Sept. 12, 3:00 to 5:00
- Any guys or gals interested in Power Lifting are asked to sign up in the gym area and note that you’ll be meeting tomorrow after school in the Fitness Centre.
- The MRHS Library Resource Centre hours of operation are: Monday & Friday from 8:15am to 3:10pm; Tuesday to Thursday from 8:15am to 4:00pm.
- Enter to be the first to use 1 of our 5 Kobo e-readers! They have been loaded with hundreds of fiction and non-fiction books. Come to the library and fill in a ballot. Draw date will be Sept 14th.
- Scholastic Book Clubs has continued their very popular Teen Readers Book Club. September book orders have arrived and forms are available in the Library. Payment in the form of cheques made out to Scholastic Canada Ltd.
- There are still a number of students who have outstanding library books. It is never too late to return overdue materials – no questions asked!
- Students are encouraged to have a PEI provincial Library card. The Public Library is right next door! This card will give you access to all books, audio, e-books across PEI, and resources that will help with your research throughout the school year.
- Literacy is extremely important at MRHS. We read as a whole school between 8:45 and 9:03am daily. Students should visit the Library to get a book for reading period. There are a lot to choose from and new titles will be on the shelves very soon!
- If you have books to donate to the library please see Ms. MacDougall. Any students or staff members who donate a book to the library before Sept 15th will also have their name entered into the draw to be the first to borrow a KOBO e-reader. Please bring all donations to the library to be given a ballot.
- The library will be starting a book club, writing and film club in the coming weeks. Please watch for further announcements.
- Any Grade 12 students interested in being involved in the Grad Activity Committee should note there is a meeting scheduled for Wednesday, September 12, at 12:05 in Room 119.
- Montague Ringette Registration will be held again on Thursday, Sept. 20th 6-8 p.m. at the Cavendish Farms Wellness Centre.
- Heckbert Studio and Gallery will be here from September 25 to 28 to take grad photos of all potential graduates. All potential grads must have their grad photo taken at this time. Grads must make your appointment next week in the yearbook office, either on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday (Sept. 17 to 19). Please note that there are appointments available after school.