It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Ambyr Gillis who celebrated her birthday over the weekend.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Dakota Conohan for Pauline Kelly and Michael Brothers for Harold Brothers.
- LifeTouch will be here todayto take undergrad photos during A and B Block. Students are encouraged to have their photo taken so you can receive your school ID.
- Anyone who is going to the CSLC pre-conference, must see Mrs. Hicken first thing this morning or as soon as you can to fill out some very important sheets.
- Student Council Meeting – Due to unforeseen circumstances, the student council meeting has been changed to Tuesday this week instead of Monday. You will meet in room #85 at 11:45. Everyone is welcome!
- French Travellers: Hopefully the chocolate will arrive today. Check with Mme Flynn before you leave today.
- Europe Travellers: Chocolate should be arriving today. See Mme Flynn if you’d like to pick some up before leaving today.
- Anyone who is interested in an SPC card should see either a CSLC participant or Mrs. Hicken in room #97. They are $9 and there are numerous perks to owning one.
- Women’s Soccer tryouts will begin on Tuesday from 3:30 to 5:00 on the field behind the school.
- Men’s Soccer tryouts:
- Monday, September 10, 3:30 to 4:30
- Tuesday, September 11, 3:30 to 5:00
- Wednesday, September 12, 3:30 to 5:00
- All those trying out must attend a brief meeting on Monday, Sept. 10 at 11:43 in Room 84.
- Men’s Volleyball tryouts:
- Monday, Sept. 10, 3:15 to 5:00
- Tuesday, Sept. 11, 5:00 to 7:00
- Women’s Volleyball tryouts:
- Monday, Sept. 10, 5:00 to 7:00
- Wednesday, Sept. 12, 3:00 to 5:00
- Field Hockey tryouts will begin on Monday, Sept. 10 at 3:15. If you are unable to attend, please see Mrs. MacKinnon.
- Any guys or gals interested in Power Lifting are asked to meet next Wednesday, Sept. 12, in the Fitness Centre.
- The MRHS Library Resource Centre hours of operation are: Monday & Friday from 8:15am to 3:10pm; Tuesday to Thursday from 8:15am to 4:00pm.
- Enter to be the first to use 1 of our 5 Kobo e-readers! They have been loaded with hundreds of fiction and non-fiction books. Come to the library and fill in a ballot. Draw date will be Sept 14th.
- Scholastic Book Clubs has continued their very popular Teen Readers Book Club. September book orders have arrived and forms are available in the Library. Payment in the form of cheques made out to Scholastic Canada Ltd.
- There are still a number of students who have outstanding library books. It is never too late to return overdue materials – no questions asked!
- Anyone interested in working as a library monitor please meet with Ms. MacDougall on Tues Sept 11th at 11:45am in the library.
- Students are encouraged to have a PEI provincial Library card. The Public Library is right next door! This card will give you access to all books, audio, e-books across PEI, and resources that will help with your research throughout the school year.
- Literacy is extremely important at MRHS. We read as a whole school between 8:45 and 9:03am daily. Students should visit the Library to get a book for reading period. There are a lot to choose from and new titles will be on the shelves very soon!
- If you have books to donate to the library please see Ms. MacDougall. Any students or staff members who donate a book to the library before Sept 15th will also have their name entered into the draw to be the first to borrow a KOBO e-reader. Please bring all donations to the library to be given a ballot.
- The library will be starting a book club, writing and film club in the coming weeks. Please watch for further announcements.
- Europe Travellers should note that there will be a meeting in Mme Flynn’s room at 12:00 sharp on Tuesday. All travellers are expected there and on time!
- Abegweit Driver Education Classes will begin on Sept. 11th at MRHS. To enroll call 902-566-1482 or sign up online at www.drivepei.com
- Montague Ringette Registration will be held again on Thursday, Sept. 20th 6-8 p.m. at the Cavendish Farms Wellness Centre.
- The first choir practice for the MRHS choir will be held on Tuesday, September 11 from 3:30-5:00 in the music room. You do not have to be a good singer to participate, you just have to love singing. Come get involved and check it out!