It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Cayden Somers.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Erick VanWiechen for Denise Arbing, and Wanda Cheverie for Yvonne Higgins. Mary Collings is not here today.
Congratulations to the Men’s Rugby team on their decisive victory over Westisle in the AA Championship game last night!
Softball News: The teachers conquered the Women’s Softball Team yesterday with an avalanche of power and teamwork. The girls battled hard, but were quizzed on a wide range of interesting courses at every base, which threw their game off. It was a dominating 6-3 finish. Good luck next year, ladies!
- The Environment Club’s water bottles can be picked up from Mr. Trainor’s room during lunch break today.
- Any students who have signed up for peer help for next year, please see Mrs. Hicken before you leave for the summer, to set up an appointment for an interview. You must have an interview before you can be accepted into the program.
- The last Culinary meal will be today. The menu is: Corn Chowder, Vegetarian Lasagna, Garlic Cheese Bread, Tiramisu, and Lemon Iced Tea. Cost is $7.00. Meal service begins at 11:45 and will continue until noon. Meals served to those who paid first and on a first come, first serve basis.
- The Culinary classes certainly appreciate all your support this term and are in the process of developing a cookbook of all the recipes made this year. Stay tuned for more info!
- Both Prom and Graduation Ceremony photos have been or will be taken by members of the photo club. They are raising money to buy accessories and new lenses for the club camera. If you would like a copy e-mailed to you, please give your email address (and a minimum donation of $2) to Mrs. Lowther in Room 115. Photos will be sent out up until June 30. Thank you for your support.
- Tryouts and an Info Session for the 2013 Canada Games Canoe & Kayak PEI Team are being held this evening at 7:30 at Atlantic Fitness East. Must be 15 years or older. Head Coach: Justin 962-3883, firstname.lastname@example.org
- The fitness center will be open mornings, at lunch, and after school most days until the end of the year, for students who are interested in making up Phys Ed time.
- The Women’s Rugby team and Men’s Softball team bus will depart for Summerside at 11:43 today.
- Students are reminded that the Awards Banquet on Thursday is a semi-formal event. Dress pants, shirt and tie, or polo for guys, dress, skirt or dress pants and blouse for girls.
- Any suggestions for books for the library? Put them on the bulletin board in the library!
- Any graduating students who have registered for the Community Service Bursary should see Mr. Conohan or Ms. Coady for some important information.
- Grade 12 students are reminded that the deadline to complete applications for the Applied For Grad Awards is today, June 6.
- Students in Cooperative Work Studies classes are reminded that your final project is to be ready to present tomorrow.
- MRHS is hosting a mobile blood donor clinic tomorrow. This event is open to all 17 and over. To book an appointment, please call 1-888-to-donate or book online at http://www.Blood.ca. If you are too young, please ask a family member or a friend to sign up.
- There will be Block meetings for all Peer Helpers this Friday, June 8. Please make sure you attend.