It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Alyshia Sinclair!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Donna White for Bethany MacLeod and Eric VanWiechen for Alana Trainor.
- Any students who have signed up for peer help for next year, please see Mrs. Hicken before you leave for the summer, to set up an appointment for an interview. You must have an interview before you can be accepted into the program.
- Yearbooks have arrived!!! You can pick yours up in Ms. McLane’s Room #229 at lunch today!!! Our yearbook company printed 15 extra. If you’d like one, they are available on a first come, first paid basis. Please see Ms McLane to pay and get yours.
- The MRHS Music Department is proud to announce the nominees for the “Musician of the Year Award” for the 2011-12 school year: Sarah Thompson, Melissa Haberl, Sam Butler, Adam Beck, Brielle Ansems and Nathan McLeod. Congratulations on your nominations!
- The last Culinary meal will be this Wednesday. The menu is: Corn Chowder, Vegetarian Lasagna, Garlic Cheese Bread, Tiramisu, and Lemon Iced Tea. Cost is $7.00. Purchase and/or sign-up for the meal at noon in the main lobby. Meal service begins @ 11:45 and will continue until noon. Meals served to those who paid first and on a first come, first serve basis.
- The Culinary classes certainly appreciate all your support this term and are in the process of developing a cookbook of all the recipes made this year. Stay tuned for more info!
- Both PROM and GRADUATION CEREMONY photos will be taken by members of the photo club. They are raising money to buy accessories and new lenses for the club camera. If you would like a copy e-mailed to you, please give your email address (and a minimum donation of $2) to Mrs. Lowther in Room 115. Photos will be sent out up until June 30. Thank you for your support.
- Softball game today at 3:30 p.m. Staff vs. Women’s Softball team. Everyone is invited to come out and cheer on the Women’s team as they humiliate the Staff!!
- The Men’s Rugby team bus will depart for Bluefield today at 4:00 pm.
- Congratulations to the following athletes who have been selected as Provincial All-Stars in their respective sports:
- Kiaya Jorden and Sasha Mooney – Women’s AAA Rugby
- Daniel Nicholson and Jack VandenBroek – Men’s AA Rugby
- Emily Cairn and Heather Drake – Women’s Softball
- Brett Birt and Cole MacLeod – Men’s Softball
- The fitness center will be open mornings, at lunch, and after school most days until the end of the year, for students who are interested in making up Phys Ed time.
- All library books are due back today.
- Any suggestions for books for the library? Put them on the bulletin board in the library!
- Any graduating students who have registered for the Community Service Bursary should see Mr. Conohan or Ms. Coady for some important information.
- ATTENTION Grade 12 students and Homeroom teachers. Please ensure that Grade 12 student info sheets have been completed and updated. The information provided on these sheets is extremely valuable in the school’s deliberations for grad awards and student recognition.
- New Scholarships available: Global Automotive Scholarship (for students pursuing a career in the automotive field); PEI Roadrunners Bursary (for students who have participated in organized running events); Save Everyday Scholarships (for students who have made exception accomplishments in any of the following fields: Leadership, Community and Volunteering, Art/Culture/Recreation, Business, Science and Technology, Government and Politics).
- Grade 12 students are reminded that the deadline to complete applications for the Applied For Grad Awards is June 6. Tomorrow!
- Grade 12 students who have applied to colleges or universities are reminded that you must come to Student Services and indicate on the list on Ms. Coady’s door where you would like your final transcript sent. Also, please notify Ms. Coady or Mr. Conohan of any scholarship offers you will be accepting.
- Students in Cooperative Work Studies classes are reminded that your final project is to be ready to present this Thursday(no exceptions).
- MRHS is hosting a mobile blood donor clinic on Thursday, June 7. This event is open to all 17 and over. To book an appointment, please call 1-888-to-donate or book online at http://www.Blood.ca. If you are too young, please ask a family member or a friend to sign up.
- There will be Block meetings for all Peer Helpers this Friday, June 8. Please make sure you attend.
- Tryouts and an Info Session for the 2013 Canada Games Canoe & Kayak PEI Team are being held June 6th at 7:30 p.m. at Atlantic Fitness East. Must be 15 years or older. Head Coach: Justin 962-3883, firstname.lastname@example.org