It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Amelia Hameline and Ellen MacNearney!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Greg Felix for Carl Evans, Jennifer Dixon for Charlie Trainor (am), Donna White for Alana Trainor (am), Robert Kaufman for Ralph Jamieson, Martin Zver for Lianne Garland, Donna White for Anne MacKinnon (pm), Jennifer MacKenzie for Carol Ann McLeod, and Wanda Cheverie for Gail Greene.
- All grads are reminded to pass in your “Graddie Award” sheets to your home room teachers today if you haven’t already done so.
- Congratulations to Brielle Ansems, who won “Outstanding Vocal Soloist” at the Atlantic Music Festival. We just found out!
- Good luck to the Choir who are headed to Charlottetown today to compete in the Provincial Music Festival Finals. Break a leg, Choir!
- There will be a meeting today in Room 119 for all those grads interested in participating in the church service at graduation. We need people to sing in the choir, read, someone to lead the service, play the organ, etc. It is the best part of the grad day, so please take part. See you on Friday in Ms. McInnis’ room at 11:55.
- Culinary will be serving an Irish themed meal today: Sweet Apple Ice Tea, Irish Potato Soup, Sheppard’s Pie, Bannock Bread, and Lemon Meringue Pie. Price is $7 per plate.
- Any students who have signed up for peer help for next year, please see Mrs. Hicken before you leave for the summer, to set up an appointment for an interview. You must have an interview before you can be accepted into the program.
- All CSLC participants are asked to pick chocolate bars before you leave today. Any bars not picked up are available on a first come, first served, basis on Monday.
- The fitness center will be open mornings, at lunch, and after school most days until the end of the year, for students who are interested in making up Phys Ed time.
- Enter to win PEI’s Raceroony, a PEI trivia game by Michael D. Corney. Answer the following questions: Who was the first Premier of PEI born in the Montague area? When was he Premier? Ballots are available at the circulation desk in the library. Draw date is Friday, June 1.
- All library books are due back on Monday, June 4.
- Any suggestions for books for the library? Put them on the bulletin board in the library!
- New Scholarships available: Global Automotive Scholarship (for students pursuing a career in the automotive field); PEI Roadrunners Bursary (for students who have participated in organized running events); Save Everyday Scholarships (for students who have made exception accomplishments in any of the following fields: Leadership, Community and Volunteering, Art/Culture/Recreation, Business, Science and Technology, Government and Politics).
- Grade 12 students are reminded that the deadline to complete applications for the Applied For Grad Awards is June 6.
- Grade 12 students who have applied to colleges or universities are reminded that you must come to Student Services and indicate on the list on Ms. Coady’s door where you would like your final transcript sent. Also, please notify Ms. Coady or Mr. Conohan of any scholarship offers you will be accepting.
- Students in Cooperative Work Studies classes are reminded that your final project is to be ready to present on Thursday, June 7(no exceptions). Please see Mrs. MacLeod for an outline if you have “misplaced” your copy.
- MRHS is hosting a mobile blood donor clinic on Thursday, June 7. This event is open to all 17 and over. To book an appointment, please call 1-888-to-donate or book online at http://www.Blood.ca. If you are too young, please ask a family member or a friend to sign up.
- There will be Block meetings for all Peer Helpers next Friday, June 8. Please make sure you attend.