It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Martin Zver for Karen Malone, Greg Felix for Carl Evans, Robert Kaufman for Ralph Jamieson, Eric VanWiechen for Alana Trainor (pm), & Wanda Cheverie for Toby Murphy.
- All home room teachers are reminded to pass out the Memo to Grade 12 students this morning. These bright pink sheets, containing important information regarding upcoming events planned for Grade 12 students, have been placed in teacher mailboxes.
- There will be a hot dog and juice sale today in aid of the CSLC participants. Cost is $2.00 for a hot dog and juice.
- Battle of the Bands Competition is being held this evening starting at 7:00 pm. Support your CSLC and plan to attend this great event!
- All grads are reminded to pass in your “Graddie Award” sheets to your home room teachers by Friday (that’s tomorrow). If you need a sheet, see Mr. Philip MacDonald.
- Any students who have signed up for peer help for next year, please see Mrs. Hicken before you leave for the summer, to set up an appointment for an interview. You must have an interview before you can be accepted into the program.
- The fitness center will be open mornings, at lunch, and after school most days until the end of the year, for students who are interested in making up Phys Ed time.
- If you dropped off Jodi Picoult’s Mercy in the library drop box please come pick it up so it can be returned to the Provincial Library…thank you!
- Enter to win PEI’s Raceroony, a PEI trivia game by Michael D. Corney. Answer the following questions: Who was the first Premier of PEI born in the Montague area? When was he Premier? Ballots are available at the circulation desk in the library. Draw date is Friday, June 1 (tomorrow).
- All library books are due back on Monday June 4.
- Any suggestions for books for the library? Put them on the bulletin board in the library!
- New Scholarships available: Global Automotive Scholarship (for students pursuing a career in the automotive field); PEI Roadrunners Bursary (for students who have participated in organized running events); Save Everyday Scholarships (for students who have made exception accomplishments in any of the following fields: Leadership, Community and Volunteering, Art/Culture/Recreation, Business, Science and Technology, Government and Politics).
- Grade 12 students are reminded that the deadline to complete applications for the Applied For Grad Awards is June 6.
- Grade 12 students who have applied to colleges or universities are reminded that you must come to Student Services and indicate on the list on Ms. Coady’s door where you would like your final transcript sent. Also, please notify Ms. Coady or Mr. Conohan of any scholarship offers you will be accepting.
- Grades 10 and 11 students are reminded that the deadline to apply for the Encounters with Canada program during the 2012-2013 school year is May 31. Applications can be picked up at Student Services or the main office.
- There will be a meeting tomorrow in Room 119 for all those grads interested in participating in the church service at graduation. We need people to sing in the choir, read, someone to lead the service, play the organ, etc. It is the best part of the grad day, so please take part. See you on Friday in Ms. McInnis’ room at 11:55.
- Culinary will be serving a meal on Friday: Sweet Apple Ice Tea, Irish Potato Soup, Sheppard’s Pie, Bannock Bread, and Lemon Meringue Pie. Price is $7 per plate; book your meal today!
- Students in Cooperative Work Studies classes are reminded that your final project is to be ready to present on Thursday, June 7(no exceptions). Please see Mrs. MacLeod for an outline if you have “misplaced” your copy.
- MRHS is hosting a mobile blood donor clinic on Thursday, June 7. This event is open to all 17 and over. To book an appointment, please call 1-888-to-donate or book online at http://www.Blood.ca. If you are too young, please ask a family member or a friend to sign up.