It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Steven Davis, Jenna Fitzpatrick, Faith MacMaster, and Joseph Sudsbury.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Ashley McGuigan for Mary Ellen Lowther, Justin Simard for Peggy Flynn, Jennifer Dixon for Alana Trainor, Mike Hambly for Tim Lea, Kelly Doran for Kim Mason (pm), Donna White for Bethany MacLeod, Jordan Daigle for Zak Likely, and Wanda Cheverie for Carol Ann McLeod.
The Women’s Rugby team played a great game last night defeating the Grey 11-10 in a very close game. The first try came from Lily Klein in the first half. The second try was scored by Sasha Mooney on a fast break down the middle with Taylor Penny converting the extra point to give the Viking the win.
- There is a very important choir rehearsal for all members of the MRHS Choir tomorrow morning at 7:30 am to prepare for Provincial Music Festival Finals on Friday. Everyone must be there. Please take any and all music you have from the whole year with you, as well as any ties or sashes which you might have “accidentally” taken home.
- Holland College Golf Programs will be having an information session in the library today at 11:45. Any students interested in pursuing a golf-related career are encouraged to attend. Door prizes will be drawn for and it is not too late to apply for September, 2012!
- There will be a very important CSLC meeting today during reading period in the clothing lab. Please make sure you attend.
- Raffle tickets are available for $2; chance to win the Culinary meal on Wednesday. Pay a toonie and you can win a meal worth $7: Kabobs, bread rolls, carrot orange soup, moujadorra rice, mini fruit pie tarts, fudgy bon bons and a fruity two-layer drink. Tickets will be sold at the ticket booth today.
- Any students who have signed up for peer help for next year, please see Mrs. Hicken before you leave for the summer, to set up an appointment for an interview. You must have an interview before you can be accepted into the program.
- Ms. Dowd’s HAL601 class is in the classroom today.
- Congratulations to the Men’s Softball team on a 12-6 win over Morell last night.
- Congratulations to the Women’s Softball team on a well-played season.
- The Women’s Rugby team has a mandatory practice today. Track athletes, check in with your coach and report to practice in prep for your semi final game tomorrow at Rural.
- Today is the last day to purchase Awards Banquet tickets; price is $5 and they are being sold in the ticket booth at noon time. The banquet is on Thursday, June 7, starting at 6:00 pm.
- The Men’s Rugby team hosts Morell today in semi-final action. Come out and cheer them to victory!
- Track and Field practice today at 3:30. All individuals who qualified for provincials must attend.
- The fitness center will be open mornings, at lunch, and after school most days until the end of the year, for students who are interested in making up Phys Ed time.
- New Scholarships:
1. Global Automotive Scholarship (students pursuing a career in the automotive field); 2. PEI Roadrunners Bursary (students who have participated in organized running events) 3. Save Everyday Scholarships (students who have made exceptional accomplishments in any of the following fields: Leadership, Community and Volunteering, Art/Culture/Recreation, Business, Science and Technology, Governments and Politics.
- Attn homeroom teachers with Grade 12 students. Please allow your students a few minutes during reading period to complete/update their Grade 12 info sheets. The information on these sheets is extremely valuable in the school’s deliberations for grad awards and student recognition.
- Grade 12 Students are also reminded that the deadline to complete applications for the APPLIED FOR GRAD AWARDS is June 6.
- Grade 12 students who have applied to colleges or universities are reminded that they must come to student services and indicate on the list on Ms. Cody’s door where they would like their final transcripts sent. Also, please notify Ms Cody or Mr. Conohan of any scholarship offers you will be accepting.
- Grade 10 and 11 students are reminded that the deadline to apply for the Encounters with Canada program during the 2012-13 school year is May 31. Applications can be picked up at Student Services or the main office.
- PEI Roadrunners Bursary: students who have participated in organized running events.
- Save Everyday Scholarships: students who have made exceptional accomplishments in any of the following fields: Leadership, Community and Volunteering, Art/Culture/Recreation, Business, Science and Technology, Government and Politics.
- There will be a short, but important peer help block meeting on Wednesday this week.
- There will be a hot dog and juice sale on Wednesday, May 30, (rain date – Thursday, May 31st) in aid of the CSLC participants. Cost is $2.00 for a hot dog and juice.
- Battle of the Bands Competition is being held this Thursday, May 31, starting at 7:00 pm. Support your CSLC and plan to attend this great event!
- Students in Cooperative Work Studies classes are reminded that your final project is to be ready to present on Thursday, June 7th (no exceptions). Please see Mrs. MacLeod for an outline if you have “misplaced” your copy.
- MRHS is hosting a mobile blood donor clinic on Thursday, June 7. This event is open to all 17 and over. To book an appointment, please call 1-888-to-donate or book online at http://www.Blood.ca. If you are too young, please ask a family member or a friend to sign up.
Youth With Disabilities:
The PEI Council of People with Disabilities is presenting a pre-employment and job readiness workshop for Kings County youth (ages 15-30) with disabilities. This is being held on Thursday, June 14, from 9:00 am to 1:30 pm at the Cavendish Farms Wellness Centre and will help better prepare youth with disabilities enter the workforce. Participants are encouraged to bring parents, resource workers or any support person they wish. For more information, contact Corey Frizzell at 368-1039 or 393-0920. Interested participants must RSVP by no later than Tuesday, May 29.