It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Nikeda MacDonald and Joseph MacIntyre!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Donna White for Sandra Hicken, Martin Zver for Matt Killeen, Mike Hambly for Peggy Flynn (pm), and Anne Marie MacDonald for Lynn Hayes.
This Evening’s Prom Reminders:
- 6:00 to 6:20 pm – Grads arrive and line up inside the school.
- 6:30 to 7:15 pm – Procession; student exit through the staff entrance, across the front of the school building and enter through the main entrance.
- 7:30 to 9:30 pm – Dinner and activities in the Cafeteria.
- Any students who have signed up for peer help for next year, please see Mrs. Hicken before you leave for the summer, to set up an appointment for an interview. You must have an interview before you can be accepted into the program.
- The canned juice machine in the Cafeteria will not be filled with product until after prom. Any students or staff wishing to purchase canned juice can do so from the machine in the hallway.
- Awards Banquet tickets are $5 and are being sold until May 29 in the ticket booth at noon time. The banquet is on June 7 at 6 pm.
- Information about a high school golf clinic is posted on the bulletin board in the PE area.
- The fitness center will be open mornings, at lunch, and after school most days until the end of the year, for students who are interested in making up Phys Ed time.
- Holland College Golf Programs will be having an information session in the library at 11:45 on Tuesday, May 29. Any students interested in pursuing a golf-related career are encouraged to attend. Door prizes will be drawn for and it is not too late to apply for September, 2012!
- Track and Field practice on Sunday at 2:00 pm and Tuesday at 3:30. All individuals who qualified for provincials must attend.
- Congratulations to William McGuigan for winning the autographed copy of Gift of Six! William correctly guessed that all the books in the display case were donated to the library or were purchased with donated funds.
- All library books are due back on June 4th!
- Any suggestions for books for the library? Put them on the bulletin board in the library!
- There will be a Grad Activity Committee meeting on Monday at 11:45 am in Room 119.
- Reminder to Cooperative Work Studies classes that your final project is to be ready to present on Thursday, June 7th (no exceptions). Please see Mrs. MacLeod for an outline if you have “misplaced” your copy.
- Acadia University is hosting an orientation on Monday, May 28. Students can get registered for courses, enjoy a barbecue lunch in the area Irving Botanical Gardens and tour the residence. Students who haven’t applied yet may bring your transcripts for admission on the spot and scholarship assessment. Register at student events.acadiau.ca.
- Attention College/University applicants: Students who have applied to Colleges or Universities need to go to student services and sign the list on Ms. Cody’s door to indicate where you would like your final transcripts sent. Applications are not complete unless final transcripts along with other supporting documents are received.
- Congratulations to all University/College bound students who have been offered scholarships and other academic awards. Please report any awards you be accepting to either Ms Cody or Mr. Conohan ASAP (Please bring letters detailing the offer).
- Volunteers are needed at the Belfast Highland Games this summer on Aug. 4th and 5th Helpers are needed to run the younger division events and in the kids craft and activity tent. These hours would qualify for the Community Service Bursary and would look great on a resume. If interested please call Adele MacPhail at 566-1918 or 393-7154 or see Ms Coady or Mr. Conohan.
- New Scholarship: PEI Roadrunners Bursary for students who have participated in organized running events during their grade 12 year. There are two $800 bursaries available. Deadline is May 31.