It’s a D-C day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Bill McKinnon for Natasha Dowd (am), Martin Zver for Lianne Garland, Meaghan Lister for Mike Merriam, Anne Marie MacDonald for Lynn Hayes, and Tracy Schurman for Dawn Martell.
Congratulations to Rebecca Blakeney who was recently crowned “Miss Maritime International” in the first ever Scholarship Pageant for Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and PEI. Rebecca won $1000 and will be participating in various events throughout this coming year!
- The following students are asked to please see Ms. Arbing at 11:45 today to discuss voluntering at prom: Kelsey Johnston, Lindsay Fitzpatrick, Emma Nabuurs, Alex Gay, Alicia White, Alanna VanWiechen, Shania Gaudet, Tyler Laird, Kayla Dunn, Julia Patton and Jessie McCathy.
- The following people are asked to please see Mrs. Hicken today: Dustin MacDonald, Max Krowlikowski, Megan Walsh, Ellen Holland, Sarah Brothers, Emma MacDonald, Lily Klein and Brenlee Brothers.
- BBQ!!! The CSLC participants will be having a BBQ today. You can get a hot dog and a juice for only $3.00. Please come out and support this great cause.
- The canned juice machine in the Cafeteria will not be filled with product until after prom. Any students or staff wishing to purchase canned juice can do so from the machine in the hallway.
- Awards Banquet tickets are $5 and are being sold until May 29 in the ticket booth at noon time. The banquet is on June 7 at 6 pm.
- Information about a high school golf clinic is posted on the bulletin board in the PE area.
- The fitness center will be open mornings, at lunch, and after school most days until the end of the year, for students who are interested in making up Phys Ed time.
- Peer Helpers: You have Block meetings scheduled for Thursday, May 24.
- CSLC participants are going to hold a Battle of the Bands Competition on Thursday, May 31, starting at 7:00 pm. There will be a short meeting Thursday morning during reading period for any CSLC participants.
- Reminder to Cooperative Work Studies classes that your final project is to be ready to present on Thursday, June 7th (no exceptions). Please see Mrs. MacLeod for an outline if you have “misplaced” your copy.
- Acadia University is hosting an orientation on Monday, May 28. Students can get registered for courses, enjoy a barbecue lunch in the area Irving Botanical Gardens and tour the residence. Students who haven’t applied yet may bring your transcripts for admission on the spot and scholarship assessment. Register at student events.acadiau.ca.
- Attention College/University applicants: Students who have applied to Colleges or Universities need to go to student services and sign the list on Ms. Cody’s door to indicate where you would like your final transcripts sent. Applications are not complete unless final transcripts along with other supporting documents are received.
- Congratulations to all University/College bound students who have been offered scholarships and other academic awards. Please report any awards you be accepting to either Ms Cody or Mr. Conohan ASAP (Please bring letters detailing the offer).
- Volunteers are needed at the Belfast Highland Games this summer on Aug. 4th and 5th Helpers are needed to run the younger division events and in the kids craft and activity tent. These hours would qualify for the Community Service Bursary and would look great on a resume. If interested please call Adele MacPhail at 566-1918 or 393-7154 or see Ms Coady or Mr. Conohan.
- New Scholarship: PEI Roadrunners Bursary for students who have participated in organized running events during their grade 12 year. There are two $800 bursaries available. Deadline is May 31.