It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to: Greg MacDonald and Tamara Wight! We also extend belated greetings to the following students who celebrated their birthdays over the long weekend: Mikayla Bevan, Choyce Chappell, Tyler McGillivray, Shanley Saunders, Richard Woods, Janine Chapman and Joshua M. Reeves.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Martin Zver for Lianne Garland, Brian Somers for Anne MacKinnon (pm) and Jocelyn Brothers for Lynn Hayes.
Mme Flynn would like to say “bon matin zin zin” to all the students who traveled to Montréal and Québec city this last week. Your great maritime manners and respect were noticed by everyone we encountered. Mille mercis for making your school, town and province so very proud of you all. It is wonderful to be open to new experiences, adventures and people in our second language, what a fabulous trip, n’est-ce pas? There were a few items left on Cyril’s bus. Please see Mme Flynn if you are missing anything.
- Montague Regional High would like to welcome the Canadian Blood Services who will be in the school today conducting the “What’s Your Type? Clinic”. Come to the lobby today at lunch to find out your blood type. Those under 17 must have a signed permission form. This is also a chance to signup for the June 7th Blood Donor Clinic which will be held at the high school for the first time. Students and staff, please sign up.
- Members of the Prom committee are reminded that there will be a very important meeting today at lunch in Room 85.
- There will be a very important student council meeting today in room #85 at 11:45 sharp. Everyone MUST attend.
- The vocal department spring concert is on tonight. It is called “MRHS Meets Disney” and is a night of all of your favourite Disney songs. The concert is in the cafeteria and starts at 7:00. The cost is $5 for adults and $4 for students and seniors. Come on out and check it out!
- The canned juice machine in the Cafeteria will not be filled with product until after prom. Any students or staff wishing to purchase canned juice can do so from the machine in the hallway.
- Emma MacDonald: Please see Ms. Hicken as soon as possible.
- The Men’s and Women’s Softball teams and Women’s Rugby team will be departing today at 3:30 pm for Bluefield and Charlottetown Rural.
- The Track and Field team bus will be departing the school for UPEI at 8:45 on Wednesday morning. Don’t be late!
- ALL Track and Field athletes must have their consent forms in and fees paid in order to attend the Regional East Meet on Wednesday. Forms and fees are being collected at the ticket booth today at noon.
- Awards Banquet tickets are being sold from May 22-29 in the ticket booth at noon time. The banquet is on June 7 at 6 pm.
- The fitness center will be open mornings, at lunch, and after school most days until the end of the year, for students who are interested in making up Phys Ed time.
- The following students are asked to please see Ms. Arbing at 11:45 on Wednesday to discuss volunteering at prom: Kelsey Johnston, Lindsay Fitzpatrick, Emma Nabuurs, Alex Gay, Alicia White, Alanna VanWiechen, Shania Gaudet, Tyler Laird, Kayla Dunn, Julia Patton and Jessie McCathy.
- Peer Helpers: Block meetings are scheduled for Thursday, May 24.
- CSLC participants are going to hold a Battle of the Bands Competition on Thursday, May 31, starting at 7:00 pm.
- BBQ!!! The CSLC participants will be having a BBQ on Wednesday, May 23. You can get a hot dog and a juice for only $3.00. Please come out and support this great cause.
- Reminder to Cooperative Work Studies classes that your final project is to be ready to present on Thursday, June 7th (no exceptions). Please see Mrs. MacLeod for an outline if you have “misplaced” your copy.
- Holland College Entrance Scholarships (Extended): The deadline for application to entrance scholarships at Holland College has been extended to May 22 (that’s today).Applications for entrance scholarships at Holland College are available online or in student services.
- Final Transcripts: Grade 12 students who are continuing on in post secondary education next year are asked to come into student services and let us know where they would like their final transcripts sent. A sign up sheet is available on Ms. Coady’s door.
- Graduation Recognition: Grade 12 students who have been awarded scholarships and bursaries for their post secondary education are asked to please bring in a copy of their letter indicating the name of the award and amount to student services. This information will be used to make announcements at the graduation ceremony.
- Grade 12 Graduation Awards (Requiring Application): The 2012 Applied For Graduation Awards List and applications are available at Student Services. The deadline for these applications is June 6.