It’s a D-C day!
Happy Birthday to Jordan Beaulieu and A.J. Foote.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Meaghan Lister for Lianne Garland, Mike Hambly for Karen Malone, Justin Simard for Peggy Flynn, Martin Zver for Glenda McInnis, Jordan Daigle for Zach Likely, Donna White for Philip MacDonald, Ashley McGuigan for Mary Ellen Lowther, and Marlo Dodge for Yvonne Higgins.
This Week is Spring Fling! The home room with the most participants for each day will win cookies, cupcakes and other goodies at the end of the week.
- Wednesday: Pancake Breakfast: a small donation for a plate of pancakes. Hillbilly Day: Whip out the flannel, coveralls, and straw hats!
- Thursday: Twin Day: You and a friend show up as twins!
- Friday: Generation Day: Grade 10’s dress as babies; Grade 11’s dress as adults; Grade 12’s dress as seniors.
- There are meals left for Culinary today. Come to Room 136 at 11:45 to sign up. Cost is $7 per plate. The meal is hame and potato soup, Chinese buffet green beans, curried rice pilaf, BBQ’d ribs, French bread, chocolate trifle and sunlit smoothies.
- Staff and students should note that this is last week to have mechanic work done on your vehicles in the Automotive Shop. Speak to Mr. Brothers.
- Peer Helpers: No block meetings this week.
- CSLC Participants: You have a meeting today in Room #87 at 11:45. Please attend!
- Graduates: Anyone applying for any of the Viking pins, you are reminded that the deadline is this Friday, May 18. Applications are available in the office and can be passed in to the librarian. NO applications will be accepted after 3 pm on Friday, May 18.
- Get your Prom tickets! Today is the last day! Tickets will be sold at lunch time (ticket booth) and are $20 each and you must have your student fee paid, prom contract signed and returned to the office, and if signing someone in, sign-in sheet completed and approved by the administration.
- Track and Field try-outs will take place today! All interested tickets MUST attend!
- Any students interested in becoming certified soccer referees please see Ms. Dowd for details.
- The fitness center will be open mornings, at lunch, and after school most days until the end of the year, for students who are interested in making up Phys Ed time.
- ALL library books, including kobo e-readers, are to be returned by Monday, June 4.
- Thank you to Meagan Thorne and Trent Gillis for raising the most funds for Cystic Fibrosis Canada. If anyone would like to donate to CF before May 27th please see Mrs. Turner in the library…every dollar counts towards a cure!
- On Wednesday, May 23, Patti Larsen will be visiting Mr. Lea’s writing class to conduct a writing workshop on writing scripts for stage and screen. Students from last semester’s writing classes may be interested in attending. Any students interested in attending, please see Mrs. MacDougall-Turner in the library.
- Thank you for returning one of the missing World Book Encyclopedia books! However there are still two World Book Encyclopedia books missing from our collection. They are a C-Ch from 2010 edition and Ci-Cz from 2006 edition. PLEASE return them to the library if found!
- Students and Staff: A library book order will be submitted very soon. If you have suggestions please add them to the bulletin board lists in the library.
- The last Scholastic book order for this school year is being sent in on May 18.
- Spring Concert is planned for Tuesday, May 22, starting at 7:00 pm. Our Men’s, Women’s and Small Ensembles, Choir, and Vocal class will be featured. Admission will be $5 for adults and $4 for students and seniors.
- Blood Typing Clinic: Any students who are under the age of 17 in the school who want to find out their blood type can do so in the lobby next Tuesday. Anyone under 17 requires a permission form available from Mr. Trainor in Room 131. All other students or staff are welcome to attend.
- CSLC participants are going to hold a Battle of the Bands Competition on Thursday, May 31, starting at 7:00 pm. If you belong to a band and would like to compete, you can pick up a registration form from Ms. MacLeod, Mrs. Hicken, or Ms. Beck. The last day to register your band is Friday, May 18, and only the first 10 bands to will be competing, so register early.
- BBQ!!! The CSLC participants will be having a BBQ on Friday, May 18th. You can get a hot dog and a juice for only $3.00. Please come out and support this great cause.
- Reminder to Cooperative Work Studies classes that your final project is to be ready to present on Thursday, June 7th (no exceptions). Please see Mrs. MacLeod for an outline if you have “misplaced” your copy.
- Oak Acres Counsellor in Training Applications and Information are available in Student Services. The deadline to apply is June 2.
- All University/College bound students are reminded that the deadline for the PEI Mutual Scholarship is this Friday, May 18. Criteria is financial need and academic performance. We have two $800 awards available for our school only and so far only one applicant.
- Also due on Friday is the Sports PEI scholarship and two Hockey PEI awards. More awards are available, listed on the Scholarship Board in Student Services.