It’s a D-C day today!
Happy Birthday to Morgan King. We also extend belated greetings to Meagan McGuigan and Brynn VanWiechen who celebrated their birthdays over the weekend.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Bryce Gillis for Brett Wilson, Donna White for Maureen MacDonald, Kati Ross for Krista MacFarlane, Eric VanWiechen for Chantelle Beaton, Mike Hambly for Jonathan Hayes, Martin Zver for Karen Malone, Meaghan Lister for Tim Lea (pm) and Tracy Schurman for Dawn Martell.
This Week is Spring Fling! The home room with the most participants for each day will win cookies, cupcakes and other goodies at the end of the week.
- Monday: Light and Bright: Dress is light and bright colours!
- Tuesday: Crayon Day: Dress in only one colour! Hypnotist Show starts at 7:00 pm, tickets are $7.
- Wednesday: Pancake Breakfast: a small donation for a plate of pancakes. Hillbilly Day: Whip out the flannel, coveralls, and straw hats!
- Thursday: Twin Day: You and a friend show up as twins!
- Friday: Generation Day: Grade 10’s dress as babies; Grade 11’s dress as adults; Grade 12’s dress as seniors.
- Staff and students should note that this is last week to have mechanic work done on your vehicles in the Automotive Shop. Speak to Mr. Brothers.
- Peer Helpers: No block meetings this week.
- CSLC Participants: Practice today from 3:15 – 5:00 in the music room. You have a meeting on Wednesday, May 16, in Room #87 at 11:45. Please attend!
- French Travelers meeting tomorrow at 11:45 sharp in Mme. Flynn’s Room. Please bring your $15 tip money if you have not done so already. Also, please put your phone number on the phone tree.
- Potential Grads are reminded to pick up your Viking Pin applications in the main office.
- Get your Prom tickets! Tickets will be sold every day at lunch time (ticket booth) until this Wednesday, May 16. Tickets are $20 each and you must have your student fee paid, prom contract signed and returned to the office, and if signing someone in, sign-in sheet completed and approved by the administration.
- Walk for CF is today at 12:05 on the track. Please meet Mrs. MacDougall-Turner in the library with your pledge sheets and donations.
Spring Concert is planned for Tuesday, May 22, starting at 7:00 pm. Our Men’s, Women’s and Small Ensembles, Choir, and Vocal class will be featured. Admission will be $5 for adults and $4 for students and seniors.
Blood Typing Clinic being offered next Tuesday. This is another opportunity to find out your blood type. Those under 17 will require a form available from Mr. Trainor in Room 131. Also, this will be a chance to sign-up for the June 7th Blood Donor Clinic being held at MRHS.
CSLC participants are going to hold a Battle of the Bands Competition on Thursday, May 31, starting at 7:00 pm. If you belong to a band and would like to compete, you can pick up a registration form from Ms. MacLeod, Mrs. Hicken, or Ms. Beck. The last day to register your band is Friday, May 18, and only the first 10 bands to will be competing, so register early.
Attention Grade 10 and 11 Students:
Applications are now available for the 2012/13 (next school year) Encounters With Canada Program, Canada’s largest youth forum! Students selected for the program spend an amazing week in Ottawa with 120 to148 teens from across Canada (ages 14-17) where they discover their country through each other, learn about Canadian institutions, meet famous and accomplished Canadians, explore exciting career options, develop their civic leadership skills and live an extraordinary experience. Every year MRHS students return from Encounters, raving about how amazing their week was! 10 Spots are available for our school. If you would like to find out more about the program or pick up an application, stop by Student Services. Application Deadline is May 31.
The 2012 Applied For Graduation Awards List and applications are available at Student Services. The deadline for these applications is June 6th with the exception of the Belfast Minor Hockey Award Application which is due this Friday, May 18.