It’s a C-D day!
Happy Birthday to Emma Higginbotham, Amber Johnstone, Megan MacDonald and Daniel VanIderstine.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Nancy Cudmore for Matt Killeen, Bryce Gillis for Brett Wilson, Martin Zver for Lianne Garland, Donna White for Bethany MacLeod, Mike Hambly for Margaret MacDonald, Justin Simard for Jonathan Hayes (pm), and Tracy Schurman for Kelly Matheson.
- SNAC will be selling veggies tomorrow for $1. Check it out in the Cafeteria!
- Culinary is providing a meal today. Don’t forget to check it out!
- Environment Club will be set up in the lobby today taking orders for water bottles. Cost is $5 each and bottles should be paid for at time of order.
- Potential Grads are reminded to pick up your Viking Pin applications in the main office.
- Get your Prom tickets! Tickets will be sold every day at lunch time (ticket booth) until next Wednesday, May 16. Tickets are $20 each and you must have your student fee paid, prom contract signed and returned to the office, and if signing someone in, sign-in sheet completed and approved by the administration.
MRHS has been challenged! Schools in the area are raising money for Cystic Fibrosis Canada and we’ve been challenged to see who can raise the most! To do this, MRHS is having a walk on Monday, May 14, at lunchtime. See Mrs. MacDougall-Turner for pledge sheets. Students who raise $25 or over for CF get to stay out on an extended lunch on the 14th. Rain date is the 15th.
- The Men’s Rugby team bus will be departing the school at 2:45 today. Please excuse all men’s rugby team players at 2:30 so that they can prepare to depart.
- Come out and cheer on your Women’s and Men’s Softball teams as they take on Bluefield High at home tonight at 5:30 pm.
- Any students interested in becoming certified soccer referees please see Ms. Dowd (by Wednesday of next week) for details.
- Track and Field practice on Wednesday and Friday at 3:30 this week. No Saturday practice this week. All athletes should attend.
- All Women’s Hockey players looking to buy jackets: if you have no already done so, please see Ms. Coady to confirm sizes. Today is the last day to have your money in.
- Men’s and Women’s Softball team photos will be taken today. Be on the field at 4:00 pm sharp.
Ravensburg College in Halifax, offering a two year diploma in law enforcement foundations, is holding an open house on May 24 from 1:00 to 4:00 pm.
CSLC participants are going to hold a Battle of the Bands Competition on Thursday, May 31, starting at 7:00 pm. If you belong to a band and would like to compete, you can pick up a registration form from Ms. MacLeod, Mrs. Hicken, or Ms. Beck. The last day to register your band is Friday, May 18, and only the first 10 bands to will be competing, so register early.
Attention Grade 10 and 11 Students:
Applications are now available for the 2012/13 (next school year) Encounters With Canada Program, Canada’s largest youth forum! Students selected for the program spend an amazing week in Ottawa with 120 to148 teens from across Canada (ages 14-17) where they discover their country through each other, learn about Canadian institutions, meet famous and accomplished Canadians, explore exciting career options, develop their civic leadership skills and live an extraordinary experience. Every year MRHS students return from Encounters, raving about how amazing their week was! 10 Spots are available for our school. If you would like to find out more about the program or pick up an application, stop by Student Services. Application Deadline is May 31.
The 2012 Applied For Graduation Awards List and applications will be available tomorrow at Student Services. The deadline for these applications is June 6th with the exception of the Belfast Minor Hockey Award Application which is due next Friday, May 18. Applications for this award are currently available.
Next Week is Spring Fling! The home room with the most participants for each day will, at the end of the week, win cookies, cupcakes and other goodies. The week is as follows:
- Monday: Light and Bright: Dress is light and bright colours!
- Tuesday: Crayon Day: Dress in only one colour! Hypnotist Show starts at 7:00 pm, tickets are $7.
- Wednesday: Pancake Breakfast: a small donation for a plate of pancakes. Hillbilly Day: Whip out the flannel, coveralls, and straw hats!
- Thursday: Twin Day: You and a friend show up as twins!
- Friday: Generation Day: Grade 10’s dress as babies; Grade 11’s dress as adults; Grade 12’s dress as seniors.