It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to C. J. Stewart, Ms. Christie Beck, and Ms. Rose Quinn.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Martin Zver for Glenda McInnis, Mike Hambly for Charlie Trainor, Donna White for Janet MacDougall-Turner, and Angela Drane for Krista MacFarlane (pm).
Congratulations to the Choir, Vocal Class, Men’s Ensemble, Women’s Ensemble, and Small Ensemble who all won gold at the King’s County Music Festival yesterday. Beautiful singing, folks!
● Peer Helpers: There will be block meetings today.
● There is a brief meeting for Environment Club today at 12:00 in Mr. Trainor’s room.
● There will be a very short meeting for ALL CSLC participants today in room #87 at 11:45. Please attend!
● Potential Grads are reminded to pick up your Viking Pin applications in the main office.
● The Culinary meals for Wednesday are all “sold out”, that is… all spoken for! Those who have paid for their meals are guaranteed; the rest who signed up will be first come, first served. Demand is high; there’s even a waiting list! Service will begin at 11:45 and will end at 12 noon.
● Get your Prom tickets! Tickets will be sold every day at lunch time (ticket booth) until next Wednesday, May 16. Tickets are $20 each and you must have your student fee paid, prom contract signed and returned to the office, and if signing someone in, sign-in sheet completed and approved by the administration.
● The Environmental Club are selling steel water bottles for $5. Sign up in your home rooms; money will be collected today.
● Island author Michael Corney will be speaking in the library on Thursday, May 10, during C and D blocks. He will be discussing his novel Gift of Six and his trivia game. Classes interested in attending please contact Mrs. MacDougall-Turner.
● MRHS has been challenged! Schools in the area are raising money for Cystic Fibrosis Canada and we’ve been challenged to see who can raise the most! To do this, MRHS is having a walk on Monday, May 14, at lunchtime. See Mrs. MacDougall-Turner for pledge sheets. Students who raise $25 or over for CF get to stay out on an extended lunch on the 14th. Rain date is the 15th.
● Men’s and Women’s Rugby and Softball buses will depart the school for Charlottetown Rural at 4 pm today.
● Track and Field practice on Wednesday and Friday at 3:30 this week. No Saturday practice this week. All athletes should attend.
● There is a track and field sign-up sheet posted by the PE bulletin board. All track and field athletes should sign up on the List of Athletes and the Event Sign Up.
● All Women’s Hockey players looking to buy jackets: if you have no already done so, please see Ms. Coady to confirm sizes and have money in no later than Friday.
● Students are reminded of the Student Loan Information Session for all parents and students looking to apply for Provincial Student Loans. The session will be held this evening at 6:00 in the Library.
● SNAC will be selling veggies again on Thursday of this week for $1.
Next Week is Spring Fling! The home room with the most participants for each day will, at the end of the week, win cookies, cupcakes and other goodies. The week is as follows:
● Monday: Light and Bright: Dress is light and bright colours!
● Tuesday: Crayon Day: Dress in only one colour! Hypnotist Show starts at 7:00 pm, tickets are $7.
● Wednesday: Pancake Breakfast: a small donation for a plate of pancakes. Hillbilly Day: Whip out the flannel, coveralls, and straw hats!
● Thursday: Twin Day: You and a friend show up as twins!
● Friday: Generation Day: Grade 10′s dress as babies; Grade 11′s dress as adults; Grade 12′s dress as seniors.