It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Mason Creed, Chase MacLeod and Jussie Walker.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Dean Lackie for Matt Killeen (pm), Kelly Doran for Peggy Flynn (pm), Trevor MacDonald for Andrew Henderson (am), Mike Hambly for Janet MacDougall-Turner, and Donna White for Kim Mason.
Congratulations to the Men’s and Women’s Rugby teams on their victories over Souris High last evening! Scoring for the women on their 30-0 victory were Hanna Nabuurs, Sasha Mooney, Martha Conohan, Megan Walsh and Kiaya Jorden.
● The Culinary meal this Wednesday is: Minestrone, Garlic cheese bread, homemade linguine and meatballs, vanilla cheesecake with Nutella Gelato, mock champagne. Sign-ups will be at the ticket booth at noon today. Cost is $7 per plate.
● Prom Committee: You have a meeting today at 11:45 in Room 84.
● There is a brief meeting today at noon for the Environment Club in Mr. Trainor’s room.
● There will be a very important SADD meeting today at 12 noon in Mr. Jamieson’s Room, # 224.
● Christina Keuper, please see Mrs. Hicken.
● Due to Ms. MacDougall-Turner’s absence, the Library will not be open after school today.
● Get your Prom tickets! Tickets will be sold every day at lunch time (ticket booth) until next Wednesday, May 16. Tickets are $20 each and you must have your student fee paid, prom contract signed and returned to the office, and if signing someone in, sign-in sheet completed and approved by the administration.
● The Environmental Club are selling steel water bottles for $5. Sign up in your home rooms; money will be collected on Wednesday of this week.
● The Global Action Club will be completing their Waterwalk fund-raiser today during C Block. Fund-raising teams have collected pledges and will be carrying buckets of water around the track to symbolize and recognize the efforts necessary to access water in the developing world. All funds raised will be going to Kiirna Secondary School in Kenya. The following participants are asekd to meet in the main lobby at the beginning of C Block: Alexis Spencer, Tesse Kennedy, Max Krolikowski, Nat Peardon, Sabryna Schurman, Emmalee White, Jordan Beaulieu, Choyce Chappell, Meghan Byers, Patrick Bunston, Brooke Drover and Laura Blackett.
● Book Buddies is cancelled for today.
● Island author Michael Corney will be speaking in the library on Thursday, May 10, during C and D blocks. He will be discussing his novel Gift of Six and his trivia game. Classes interested in attending please contact Mrs. MacDougall-Turner.
● MRHS has been challenged! Schools in the area are raising money for Cystic Fibrosis Canada and we’ve been challenged to see who can raise the most! To do this, MRHS is having a walk on Monday, May 14, at lunchtime. See Mrs. MacDougall-Turner for pledge sheets. Students who raise $25 or over for CF get to stay out on an extended lunch on the 14th. Rain date is the 15th.
● Girl’s Fitness Group will meet today at 3:15 p.m. in the PE area.
● Track and Field practice on Wednesday and Friday at 3:30 this week. No Saturday practice this week. All athletes should attend.
● There is a track and field sign-up sheet posted by the PE bulletin board. All track and field athletes should sign up on the List of Athletes and the Event Sign Up.
● Any Men’s Rugby players who did not fully pay for your jackets, please see Devin before May 9.
● All Women’s Hockey players looking to buy jackets: if you have no already done so, please see Ms. Coady to confirm sizes and have money in no later than Friday.
● Students are reminded of the Student Loan Information Session for all parents and students looking to apply for Provincial Student Loans. The session will be held tomorrow evening at 6:00 in the Library. All students interested in attending please see Mr. Conohan or Ms. Coady in student services to sign up.
● Peer Helpers: There will be block meetings for all peer helpers on Wednesday, May 9th.
● There will be a very short meeting for ALL CSLC participants on Wednesday, May 9th in room #87 at 11:45. Please attend!!
● SNAC will be selling veggies again on Thursday of this week for $1.
Next Week is Spring Fling! The home room with the most participants for each day will, at the end of the week, win cookies, cupcakes and other goodies. The week is as follows:
● Monday: Light and Bright: Dress is light and bright colours!
● Tuesday: Crayon Day: Dress in only one colour! Hypnotist Show starts at 7:00 pm, tickets are $7.
● Wednesday: Pancake Breakfast: a small donation for a plate of pancakes. Hillbilly Day: Whip out the flannel, coveralls, and straw hats!
● Thursday: Twin Day: You and a friend show up as twins!
● Friday: Generation Day: Grade 10′s dress as babies; Grade 11′s dress as adults; Grade 12′s dress as seniors.