It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Luke Collings and Elly Gotell.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Donna White for Craig Conohan (pm).
● Some kind person has dropped off a bag of fabric in the clothing lab, if it was you, would you mind letting me know if the students are allowed to use it.
● The following students are asked to go to Room 119 at 12:00 noon today for a brief very important meeting: Brielle Ansems, Sarah H. Campbell, Martha Conohan, Sarah Drake, Courtney MacKay, Sasha Mooney, Maggie Murphy and Christian Norton.
● All French trip travellers are asked to please hand in your signed permission forms to Mme Flynn.
● The Culinary Meal this Thursday is mango curry chicken served on rice, an appetizer of soft cheese plate and crackers, mini chip cheesecakes for dessert and planter’s punch to drink. Cost of $7 and tickets will be sold in the ticket booth today.
● Any CSLC participants who have signed up to help organize the variety concert will have a meeting today at 11:45 in Room #87.
● All Triathlon athletes are asked to meet in Learning Centre A at 11:45 am.
● Any Men’s Rugby players who did not fully pay for your jackets, please see Devin before May 9. (Kole McNeill, Ryley Somers, Tanner Nicholson, Spencer Ross, William Buell)
● All members of the Men’s Rugby team must meet in the cafeteria at 3:15 today.
● All men’s and women’s softball players must submit your consent forms and pay your athletic fees today at noon in the ticket booth. Players who have not done so will not be permitted to play today. All softball players will also be assigned your uniforms at this time.
● Rugby players who still owe athletic fees must pay these today at noon in the ticket booth.
● The Men’s and Women’s Softball bus will depart the school at 3:00 today.
● Men’s and Women’s Softball players are reminded that you are responsible for your own transportation to and from the Colonel Gray Tip Off Tournament on Friday and Saturday. Please see your coaches for a schedule.
● Girls fitness will be held on Thursday this week.
● MRHS has been challenged! Schools in the area are raising money for Cystic Fibrosis Canada and we’ve been challenged to see who can raise the most! To do this, MRHS is having a walk on Monday, May 14, at lunchtime. See Mrs. MacDougall-Turner for pledge sheets. Students who raise $25 or over for CF get to stay out on an extended lunch on the 14th. Rain date is the 15th.
● Holland College is offering new programs at the Summerside Waterfront Campus starting September of 2012: Legal Administration – 42 week accelerated program, and Computer Information Systems (with e-health components) – two year program. Please see the Guidance office for more information.
● The Atlantic Vet College is hosting a one week summer academy for students interested in pursuing a degree in veterinary medicine. Students must be accepted into University, have academic grades in the 80% plus range, and be 18 or older by August 5. For more info come to Student Services.
● The PEI Mutual Life Scholarship deadline has been changed to May 18th 2012, one week earlier than previously posted. There are two scholarships available to MRHS students and applications for this scholarship are to be handed in to Mr. Conohan or Ms. Coady.
● Upcoming Scholarship Deadlines:
1. Provincial ASAP Award – May 15th
2. Hockey PEI Lorenzeitti Award – May 18th
3. Hockey PEI Scholastic Award – May 18th
● There will be a Student Loan Information Session for all parents and students looking to apply for Provincial Student Loans. The session will be held on Wednesday, May 9, at 6:00pm in the Library. All students interested in attending please see Mr. Conohan or Ms. Coady in student services to sign up.
● The prom committee has had to change the selling dates for prom tickets, as our caterer requires a week notice to prepare for the big night. The tickets will be sold from May 2 until May 16th, during lunchtime. The absolute last day to buy tickets for the prom will be Wednesday, May 16th, and there will be no exceptions.
● Block meetings will be on Thursday, May 3rd. Please make sure you attend.
● The Global Action Club will meet on Thursday at 12:00 noon in Room 211.