It’s a “D-C” Day!
Congratulations to the Women’s Rugby team who pulled off a win in their home opener against Westilse. It was a great defensive game, with the try coming from Kiaya Jorden and a convert from Taylor Penny.
● The Environment Club will meet today at 12:00 noon in Mr. Trainor’s classroom. You’ll be making plans about selling bottles.
● SNAC students will be meeting in Ms. Dowd’s office at 11:43.
● There will be a very important Prom Committee meeting today at 11:45 in Room 84.
● There is a VERY important Women’s Ensemble rehearsal today at 11:45 in the music room.
● All French trip travellers are asked to please hand in your signed permission forms to Mme Flynn asap.
● The Culinary Meal this Thursday is mango curry chicken served on rice, an appetizer of soft cheese plate and crackers, mini chip cheesecakes for dessert and planter’s punch to drink. Cost of $7 and tickets will be sold in the ticket booth today and tomorrow.
● Women’s Rugby today after school.
● Girls fitness will be held on Thursday instead of Tuesday this week.
● Grade 10 and 11 students interested in attending a basketball camp in Souris this summer should see Ms. Dowd for further details.
● Sport PEI scholarship applications are available from Ms. Dowd. Scholarships are valued at $1000.00. Deadline to apply is May 18.
● Scholastic book orders are in! Please come pick them up at morning break.
● Book Buddies who are working with a buddy please see Mrs. MacDougall-Turner before lunch today!
● MRHS has been challenged! Schools in the area are raising money for Cystic Fibrosis Canada and we’ve been challenged to see who can raise the most! To do this, MRHS is having a walk on Monday, May 14, at lunchtime. See Mrs. MacDougall-Turner for pledge sheets. Students who raise $25 or over for CF get to stay out on an extended lunch on the 14th. Rain date is the 15th.
● Students who are attending UPEI in the fall and who have made significant progress in their grades this semester are asked to come to student services to discuss sending midterm marks.
● The Atlantic Vet College is hosting a one week summer academy for students interested in pursuing a degree in veterinary medicine. Students must be accepted into University, have academic grades in the 80% plus range, and be 18 or older by August 5. For more info come to Student Services.
● The PEI Mutual Life Scholarship deadline has been changed to May 18th 2012, one week earlier than previously posted. There are two scholarships available to MRHS students and applications for this scholarship are to be handed in to Mr. Conohan or Ms. Coady.
● Upcoming Scholarships:
1. RBC Child of Employee Scholarship – May 1st
4. Confederation Center Friends of Art Scholarship – May 1st
5. Provincial ASAP Award – May 15th
6. Hockey PEI Lorenzeitti Award – May 18th
7. Hockey PEI Scholastic Award – May 18th
● Dalhousie University will be hosting a welcome session on May 1st at the Holiday Inn Express in Charlottetown, and on May 2nd at the Loyalist Inn in Summerside. Both events run from 7 to 9 pm and are for all new students planning to attend the university this fall. Please note that you do not need to have paid your deposit to attend. This will be a great opportunity to find out more about university services, course selection, registration and residence as well as chat with current students and staff. Please register online at dal.ca.
● There will be a Student Loan Information Session for all parents and students looking to apply for Provincial Student Loans. The session will be held on Wednesday, May 9, at 6:00pm in the Library. All students interested in attending please see Mr. Conohan or Ms. Coady in student services to sign up.
● The prom committee has had to change the selling dates for prom tickets, as our caterer requires a week notice to prepare for the big night. The tickets will be sold from Monday, May 7th, until Wednesday, May 16th, during lunchtime. The absolute last day to buy tickets for the prom will be Wednesday, May 16th, and there will be no exceptions.
● Block meetings will be on Thursday, May 3rd. Please make sure you attend.
● The Global Action Club will meet on Thursday at 12:00 noon in Room 211.
● Any CSLC participants who have signed up to help organize the variety concert will have a meeting on Wednesday, May 2, at 11:45 in Room #87.