It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Brett Birt and Alec Bryenton. We also extend belated greetings to the following students who had their birthdays over the weekend: Anna Sirois-LeCain, Samuel MacKenzie, Nicole MacKinnon and Denver MacKenzie.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Bryce Gillis for Margaret MacDonald and Wanda Cheverie for Gail Greene.
Water Lingo…… There’s a difference between “filtered water” and “natural spring water”. Natural spring water is from an actual spring. You’ll find filtered water (which is really just filtered tap water) on the market for just as much as spring water,. Dasani and Aquafina are two “filtered water” products. (Info provided by your Environment Club.)
● Reminder to all CSLC participants: April’s payment is due today.
● All French trip travellers are asked to please hand in your signed permission forms to Mme Flynn asap.
● The Women’s Rugby team will meet in Room 210 (Mr. Munn’s room) at lunch, in preparation for your home opener against West Isle at 5:00 pm today.
● Women’s Softball practice today at 3:30 pm.
● Grade 10 and 11 students interested in attending a basketball camp in Souris this summer should see Ms. Dowd for further details.
● Sport PEI scholarship applications are available from Ms. Dowd. Scholarships are valued at $1000.00. Deadline to apply is May 18.
● Students who are attending UPEI in the fall and who have made significant progress in their grades this semester are asked to come to student services to discuss sending midterm marks.
● The PEI Mutual Life Scholarship deadline has been changed to May 18th 2012, one week earlier than previously posted. There are two scholarships available to MRHS students and applications for this scholarship are to be handed in to Mr. Conohan or Ms. Coady.
● Upcoming Scholarships:
1. Royal Canadian Legion Bursary – April 30th
2. Assumption Foundatin Scholarship – April 30th
3. RBC Child of Employee Scholarship – May 1st
4. Confederation Center Friends of Art Scholarship – May 1st
5. Provincial ASAP Award – May 15th
6. Hockey PEI Lorenzeitti Award – May 18th
7. Hockey PEI Scholastic Award – May 18th
● Dalhousie University will be hosting a welcome session on May 1st at the Holiday Inn Express in Charlottetown, and on May 2nd at the Loyalist Inn in Summerside. Both events run from 7 to 9 pm and are for all new students planning to attend the university this fall. Please note that you do not need to have paid your deposit to attend. This will be a great opportunity to find out more about university services, course selection, registration and residence as well as chat with current students and staff. Please register online at dal.ca.
● There will be a Student Loan Information Session for all parents and students looking to apply for Provincial Student Loans. The session will be held on Wednesday, May 9, at 6:00pm in the Library. All students interested in attending please see Mr. Conohan or Ms. Coady in student services to sign up.
● The prom committee has had to change the selling dates for prom tickets, as our caterer requires a week notice to prepare for the big night. The tickets will be sold from Monday, May 7th, until Wednesday, May 16th, during lunchtime. The absolute last day to buy tickets for the prom will be Wednesday, May 16th, and there will be no exceptions.
● The Environment Club will meet on Tuesday at 12:00 noon in Mr. Trainor’s classroom. You’ll be making plans about selling bottles.
● Block meetings will be on Thursday, May 3rd. Please make sure you attend.
● Any CSLC participants who have signed up to help organize the variety concert will have a meeting on Wednesday, May 2, at 11:45 in Room #87.