It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Melissa Haberl and Jeffery Myers.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Mike Hambly for Tim Lea.
Still Thirsty?…… Bottled water can be hundreds or even thousands of times more expensive than tap water. Per litre, it is often more pricey than gasoline. Some brands, like Aquafina and Dasani, use water directly from the municipal tap water sources and sell it back to you at outrageous prices. So, is bottled water really worth it? (Info provided by your Environment Club.)
● There is a Global Action meeting today at 12:10 in Mr. Jamieson’s room.
● There is a brief Environment Club meeting today in Mr. Trainor’s room at 12:00 noon.
● All those students participating in the 30 Hour Famine are asked to attend a brief meeting at 12:00 noon in Room 224.
● French Travellers should pass in your signed sheets to Mme Flynn today.
● Reminder to all CSLC participants: Your gift card orders are due today. April’s payment is due on Monday, April 30.
● All Student Council members must have your business sponsor donations and information in today. Meet at 11:45 in Mrs. MacLeod’s room to collect.
● The Culinary class is serving another meal today. Menu includes tacos with Mexican rice, buttery corn bread, cream puffs, and tropical punch. Cost is $7.
● SNAC will be selling veggie trays at noontime today in the cafeteria. Cost is $1.
● Istorlet, a summer camp in Les Iles de la Madeleine, is looking for summer staff for the camp. Any bilingual students interested in a summer camp position should see Mme Flynn.
● The following students should please see Ms. Amy Beck some time this week (if you haven’t already done so) to find out when your Cookie Club day is: Kirsten Stewart, Lily Klein, Sarah Brothers, Alex Gay, Rachel O’Connor, Hannah Gormley, Julie Grant, Caitlin Vankeymeulen, Laura Young, Alysia Docherty, Christena Visser, Nicole O’Donnell, Katelyn O’Shea, Rachel Collier, Hannah Nabuurs, Amelia Hameline, Lisa MacLean, Brenlee Brothers, Maggie Murphy, Sarah Campbell, and Allie Boyle.
● Men’s Rugby team will be having a classroom meeting today at lunch starting at 11:43 in Room 211, Mr. Lea’s room. This meeting is mandatory.
● Athletic fees and consent forms will be collected in the ticket booth every day this week. Fees are $10 for Track and Field, $30 for Softball, and $30 for Rugby ($35 for men who received a mouth guard). Consent forms will be available in the ticket booth as well for those who have not received them.
● Consent forms must be handed in and fees paid to be able to play games. The first rugby games are Monday, April 30. The first softball games are Wednesday, May 2, so get your forms and fees in!
● Women’s Rugby team will have a practice again today from 3:20 to 4:50, rain or shine.
● Women’s Softball is scheduled again for today at 4:30.
● Bigger Faster Stronger (BFS) conditioning club meets on Wednesdays at 3:30 and Saturdays at 11:30.
● Sport PEI scholarship applications are available from Ms. Dowd. Scholarships are valued at $1000.00. Deadline to apply is May 18.
Student Services: The PEI Mutual Life Scholarship deadline has been changed to May 18th 2012, one week earlier than previously posted. There are two scholarships available to MRHS students and applications for this scholarship are to be handed in to Mr. Conohan or Ms. Coady.
● Upcoming Scholarships:
1. Royal Canadian Legion Bursary – April 30th
2. Assumption Foundatin Scholarship – April 30th
3. RBC Child of Employee Scholarship – May 1st
4. Confederation Center Friends of Art Scholarship – May 1st
5. Provincial ASAP Award – May 15th
6. Hockey PEI Lorenzeitti Award – May 18th
7. Hockey PEI Scholastic Award – May 18th
● There will be a Student Loan Information Session for all parents and students looking to apply for Provincial Student Loans. The session will be held on Wednesday May 9th at 6:00pm in the Library. All students interested in attending please see Mr. Conohan or Ms. Coady in student services to sign up.
● Abegweit Driver Education Classes will begin May 1. To enroll call 902-566-1482 or sign up online at http://www.driverpei.com
● Dalhousie University will be hosting a welcome session on May 1st at the Loyalist Inn in Summerside, and on May 2nd at the Holiday Inn Express in Charlottetown. Both events run from 7 to 9 pm and are for all new students planning to attend the university this fall. Please note that you do not need to have paid your deposit to attend. This will be a great opportunity to find out more about university services, course selection, registration and residence as well as chat with current students and staff. Please register online at dal.ca.
Eastern Eagles Soccer:
● The final registration session for Eastern Eagles soccer is this coming Saturday, April 28 from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm at the Cavendish Farms Wellness Centre in Montague.