It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Matthias Drake and Christopher Stevenson.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Martin Zver for Lianne Garland, Dean Lackie for Charlie Trainor, Mike Hambly for Jonathan Hayes, Katherine Robertson for Zak Likely, Meaghan Lister for Alana Trainor, Kenneth Nicolle for Doug Weeks, Trevor MacDonald for Margaret MacDonald, and Brian Somers for Roger Kelly (pm).
Healthy Doubts…… If you listen to ads about bottled water, you might think it’s the purest and healthiest drink on the planet! Between April 2008 and April 2009 only 6% of bottled water producers in Canada were inspected by health authorities. And what about tap water? Municipalities often test public water 24 hours a day and conduct thousands of sample tests for bacteria every day. Bottled water is less regulated and tested than your tap water. (Info provided by your Environment Club.)
● Reminder to all CSLC participants: Your gift card orders are due tomorrow (Thursday). April’s ayment is due on Monday, April 30.
● There will be a French trip meeting today at 12:05 in Mme Flynn’s room. Your itinerary is hot off the press! Come pick yours up.
● Istorlet, a summer camp in Les Iles de la Madeleine, is looking for summer staff for the camp. Any bilingual students interested in a summer camp position should see Mme Flynn.
● The following students are asked to see Ms. Kristina McLane asap: Ben Aitken, Mikayla Annear, Brielle Ansems, Mark Baird, Patrick Bunston, Emily Chapman, Logan Chapman, Maggie Cook, Morgan Hambly, Anastasia Jobe, Emma Johnson, JD Kennedy, Ann-Marie King, Amber LaBonte, Kate Lanigan, Maegen Leonard, Casey MacConnell, Carter MacLellan, Emily McGuirk, Kole McNeill, Dylan Menzie, and Hailey Morris.
● The following students should please see Ms. Amy Beck some time this week (if you haven’t already done so) to find out when your Cookie Club day is: Kirsten Stewart, Lily Klein, Sarah Brothers, Alex Gay, Rachel O’Connor, Hannah Gormley, Julie Grant, Caitlin Vankeymeulen, Laura Young, Alysia Docherty, Christena Visser, Nicole O’Donnell, Katelyn O’Shea, Rachel Collier, Hannah Nabuurs, Amelia Hameline, Lisa MacLean, Brenlee Brothers, Maggie Murphy, Sarah Campbell, and Allie Boyle.
● Athletic fees and consent forms will be collected in the ticket booth every day this week. Fees are $10 for Track and Field, $30 for Softball, and $30 for Rugby ($35 for men who received a mouth guard). Consent forms will be available in the ticket booth as well for those who have not received them.
● Consent forms must be handed in and fees paid to be able to play games. The first rugby games are Monday, April 30. The first softball games are Wednesday, May 2, so get your forms and fees in!
● Women’s Rugby team will have a practice again today and tomorrow from 3:20 to 4:50, rain or shine.
● Men’s Rugby team will be having a classroom meeting on Thursday at lunch starting at 11:43 in Room 211, Mr. Lea’s room. This meeting is mandatory.
● Men’s Softball try-outs will be held today from 3:10 to 4:30.
● Women’s Softball is scheduled again for Thursday, April 26th at 4:30.
● Bigger Faster Stronger (BFS) conditioning club meets on Wednesdays at 3:30 and Saturdays at 11:30.
● Sport PEI scholarship applications are available from Ms. Dowd. Scholarships are valued at $1000.00. Deadline to apply is May 18.
● All Student Council members must have your business sponsor donations and information in by Thursday, April 26. You will meet at 11:45 in Mrs. MacLeod’s room to collect.
● The Culinary class is serving another meal on Thursday. Menu includes tacos with Mexican rice, buttery corn bread, cream puffs, and tropical punch. Cost is $7; tickets are on sale today in the ticket booth during lunch break.
● SNAC will be selling veggie trays at noontime tomorrow in the cafeteria. Cost is $1. Remember the good ol’ days at MIS!
● Abegweit Driver Education Classes will begin May 1. To enroll call 902-566-1482 or sign up online at http://www.driverpei.com
● Dalhousie University will be hosting a welcome session on Tuesday, May 1st at the Loyalist Inn in Summerside, and Wednesday, May 2nd at the Holiday Inn Express in Charlottetown. Both events run from 7pm – 9pm and are for all new students planning to attend the university this fall. Please note that you do not need to have paid your deposit to attend. This will be a great opportunity to find out more about university services, course selection, registration and residence as well as chat with current students and staff. Please register online at dal.ca.
Eastern Eagles Soccer:
● The final registration session for Eastern Eagles soccer is this coming Saturday, April 28 from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm at the Cavendish Farms Wellness Centre in Montague.