It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Kathryn MacLeod!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Kelly Doran for Peggy Flynn, Donna White for Bethany MacLeod, Bill McKinnon for Natasha Nabuurs, Jennifer Dixon for Charlie Trainor (am), Mike Hambly for Anne MacKinnon, and Tracy Schurman for Dawn Martell.
● The next Strive lunch meeting will be held today in Mr. Jamieson’s room #224.
● The Culinary class will be offering another meal today. Menu includes pizza pinwheels, crispy bread sticks, chicken parmigana, herb stuffed tomatoes, mini pavlovas (meringue with whipped cream) topped with fruit and Hawaiian fruit punch. Cost is $7; don’t miss out!
● Prom Meeting today in Room 84 at 11:45. Please remember to bring your things for our basket!
● There will be a SADD meeting today at 11:55 am.
● There will be a very brief SNAC meeting in the PE area today at 11:43. All members should attend.
● Girls’ Fitness Group is cancelled this week.
● There will be practice for Women’s Rugby today at 3:20 pm.
● Women’s softball practice outdoors today at 4:00 pm.
● Men’s Softball practice is Wednesday at 11:45 outside. First Tryout is Thursday afterschool.
● Men’s Rugby – Devin Clement will be collecting money for jackets all week. The cost is $65. Monday, April 23rd is the deadline.
● On Wednesday of this week at 3:30 pm, there is a mandatory training session for all athletes interested in competing in track and field this spring. If you are an athlete who has never ran track, come on out and see what you are missing! Please meet in the Fitness Centre.
● There will be Women’s Basketball for any interested players on Tuesdays at 6:00 starting today. All ages and ability levels are welcome!
● Bigger Faster Stronger (BFS) conditioning club meets on Wednesdays at 3:30 and Saturdays at 11:30.
● Sport PEI scholarship applications are available from Ms. Dowd. Scholarships are valued at $1000.00. Applicants must have excelled in high school or provincial sport during the current school year and have high academic standing. Deadline to apply is May 18.
● The next tryouts for the 2013 Canada Games Women’s Indoor Volleyball Team will be on Saturday, April 28th, and May 12th, at Kensington Intermediate Senior High. Cost is $10/athlete per tryout. Both tryouts will be from 9-11 am. All interested athletes are asked to pre-register by emailing Volleyball PEI at firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning (902) 569-0583.
● Female rugby players interested in attending a clinic hosted by UPEI on April 21 please see Ms. Dowd or Mr. Munn for more information.
● Library CLOSED – Due to DELF examinations today, the Library will be closed to students; reopening tomorrow.
● Holland College will be hosting an Open College Day event today, from 2pm to 6pm at Center for Community Engagement (gymnasium) located at the Prince of Wales Campus . Everyone is welcome to attend, whether a student is accepted or considering coming to program at Holland College. Included are campus tours, chances to win prizes, refreshments and more.
● Environment Club will meet tomorrow at lunch in Mr. Trainor’s room.
● Student Council is hosting a movie night on Wednesday, April 18, showing “We Bought a Zoo”. Cost is $2 and the show starts at 6:00 pm.
● All co-op students, please pass in time card sheets to Ms. MacLeod by Thursday, April 19.
● Culinary Meal for Thursday : Japanese Salad, Bacon and Gruyere Muffins, Honey-Chicken Stir-Fry on Rice, Lemon Tea Cakes and Pineapple Float.
● Chili and Chowder Dinner! Students are invited to help support the MRHS CSLC members get to Saskatchewan by purchasing tickets for a chili and chowder dinner being held on Thursday, April 19, from 5:00 to 6:30 pm in the Cafeteria. Tickets are $7 in advance or $8 at the door. For advance tickets, see any CSLC member or Ms. Sandra Hicken.
● Students are reminded that Parent Teacher Interviews are scheduled for Thursday, April 19, from 6:00 to 8:00 pm and again on Friday, April 20, from 9:00 am to 12:00 noon and 1:00 to 3:00 pm. There are no classes for students on Friday, April 20.
● Students are reminded that Friday, April 27, is a Professional Development Day and there are no classes for students on that day.
● Abegweit Driver Education Classes will begin May 1. To enroll call 902-566-1482 or sign up online at http://www.driverpei.com
Eastern Eagles Soccer:
● Eastern Eagles Soccer Club is looking for coaches for our Mini Soccer Program. This is a great way to get involved and earn Community Service Bursary hours. We have an U8, U10 and two U6 teams that need coaches. Please see Mme Flynn is you are interested.
● Lori Lund of Eastern Eagles will be here over the lunch hour tomorrow to take registration for summer soccer.